The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You definitely need to adjust those meds: I think you're seeing things! I just scored this shirt (it cracked me UP!) for Sunday coach watching – BEARS!
Screenshot 2024-07-07 at 8.28.38 PM.png

https://goaheadmerch.com/recent-additions/ufo

It makes me laugh hearing about him and his coaching break...when he was let go all the loyal players thought he would get one of the vacant jobs...that's a joke...the reality is that after the glory years he has steadily gone down hill....horrible drafts and questionable decisions....if he couldn't get a job after all those vacant jobs last season why would an NFL owner want him...was he that great of a coach...or maybe he had a great QB and some good coaches and people who could evaluate talent to help him..all the guy wants is to get a few more victories to get the record...the only owner that could be interested is Jerry Jones, who still thinks it's the 1990's and his team is ALL IN...

Does Bill have the stamina to coach a team and satisfy his 24 year old girlfriend. I'll leave that to the tabloids to sort out..

It makes me laugh hearing about him and his coaching break...when he was let go all the loyal players thought he would get one of the vacant jobs...that's a joke...the reality is that after the glory years he has steadily gone down hill....horrible drafts and questionable decisions....if he couldn't get a job after all those vacant jobs last season why would an NFL owner want him...was he that great of a coach...or maybe he had a great QB and some good coaches and people who could evaluate talent to help him..all the guy wants is to get a few more victories to get the record...the only owner that could be interested is Jerry Jones, who still thinks it's the 1990's and his team is ALL IN...

Does Bill have the stamina to coach a team and satisfy his 24 year old girlfriend. I'll leave that to the tabloids to sort out..
No one’s shedding any tears over Bill Belichick. Here in New England the thinking is, “thanks for the memories but it’s well passed time to part ways.” He’s an old school guy who burned his bridges with his owner and refused to connect with young players. The final nail in his coffin was his insistence on being the GM. On balance, the Patriots haven’t been making good player selections since Scott Pioli left. The sorry team that we’ve been seeing over the past seasons is the team that Belichick had handpicked. And no, Jerry Jones of all people is not the kind of guy to hand all the decisions over to Belichick. Anyway, who knows, he could potentially be a great color analyst.

No one’s shedding any tears over Bill Belichick. Here in New England the thinking is, “thanks for the memories but it’s well passed time to part ways.” He’s an old school guy who burned his bridges with his owner and refused to connect with young players. The final nail in his coffin was his insistence on being the GM. On balance, the Patriots haven’t been making good player selections since Scott Pioli left. The sorry team that we’ve been seeing over the past seasons is the team that Belichick had handpicked. And no, Jerry Jones of all people is not the kind of guy to hand all the decisions over to Belichick. Anyway, who knows, he could potentially be a great color analyst.
Scott Pioli was one of those that helped him...along with some defensive coaches in the early years of Brady.. I agree that he doesn't relate to the young players of this generation...I think Bill Parcells would struggle with
this new wave of incoming college players..Parcells used to intimidate young players...that just doesn't work like that any more...look at Caleb Williams...he had made $12 million before being drafted.....look at the most recent Super Bowl...starting QB Purdy was only making $900 k...many of the players in the draft probably made that much...coaches in the NFL aren't dealing with poor kids who can be threatened...which Bill used to call motivation...

Before we feel sorry for the NFL coaches....the college coaches have it much worse...after they recruit a kid and he doesn't play right away there is someone waiting to pay him at another college and unlike the NFL, there is no contract to keep them at that college

Before we feel sorry for the NFL coaches....the college coaches have it much worse...after they recruit a kid and he doesn't play right away there is someone waiting to pay him at another college and unlike the NFL, there is no contract to keep them at that college
In light of what you've posted it'll be interesting to see how things play out in Texas with current backup QB Arch Manning.

In light of what you've posted it'll be interesting to see how things play out in Texas with current backup QB Arch Manning.
Well Texas is an interesting place for QB's...Ewers will be the starter because Texas has a legit chance to win the NC...I remember a time at Texas when they had one of those kids that had an NFL father..his name was Chris Simms(son of Phil)...he didn't play much his freshmen. behind Major Applewhite...then whenever Applewhite was unable to play Simms played. Most thought Applewhite was the better QB...but Simms had the "name"...his last year at Texas he threw for a lot of yards...but he always seemed to throw INT's in the big games..He was drafted 97(third round) and bounced around teams and never was a factor.

Ewers is a name that sparks a lot of mixed emotion... not for what he did on the field...but what he did off....he was the first millionaire-student athlete in the NIL era... in his Freshmen year he played in 1 game and took 2 snaps..at the end of the season he transferred to his home state of Texas...many thought he only went to Ohio State to get the money and return to his home state

RickyPicks returned from California yesterday. More rehab. Lets pray it works
So - the boy is all clean and boisterous at the moment
He says Lions 20 and 0 this season. 17 and 0 in the regular season (Shula ? Belichick ? Campbell ? ) and a skate thru
the playoffs to the 'Bowl and to the Lombardi.

take note

Last edited:
RickyPicks returned from California yesterday. More rehab. Lets pray it works
So - the boy is all clean and boisterous at the moment
He says Lions 20 and 0 this season. 17 and 0 in the regular season (Shula ? Belichick ? Campbell ? ) and a skate thru
the playoffs to the 'Bowl and to the Lombardi.

take note
The Lions will still have to beat the Jets in the 2025 Super Bowl…a daunting task. 😇

The Lions will still have to beat the Jets in the 2025 Super Bowl…a daunting task. 😇
The madness continues...I thought those deer would have been enough for you to realize the absurdity of this delusion...I called in some favors in Vegas...the kind of information that high rollers pay big bucks to obtain...after they started laughing(about 10 minutes) they told me what most rational people outside of the New York region realize....the only real question is whether Rodgers makes it beyond 8 games....the other question in Vegas is...will he fake the injury...some feel that he realizes he isn't the player he once was and he doesn't want to harm his legacy...and a small segment claims he still hasn't given up on a political career...he sees a felon leading in the polls..so why not him...

Last edited:
...the only real question is whether Rodgers makes it beyond 8 games....

8 games? If Rodgers lasts 8 plays, that would be a 100% improvement over last years' performance. (1)

(1) Please remember that past performance may not be indicative of future results. Different types of
players involve varying degrees of egomania, and there can be no assurance that the future performance
of any specific player or team made reference to directly or indirectly in this thread, will be fruitful, equal any corresponding indicated historical performance level(s), or be suitable for fans who ingest prodigious amounts of Kool Aid of various hues.

I can see it now🤔..... Rodgers having the game of his life in the Super Bowl. Lions crash & burn💥
Ricky is going to be taking this one hard🤒... The 2025 Lions never snap out of it. They hire Belichick & win 4 games! Jets continue to dominate the AFC but loss to GB in 2026 SB... Rodgers retires in disgust!
Imbobman's reaction....'What can I say? That's the way it goes'.👍

Last edited:
I can see it now🤔..... Rodgers having the game of his life in the Super Bowl. Lions crush & burn💥
Ricky is going to be taking this one hard🤒... The 2025 Lions never snap out of it. They hire Belichick & win 4 games! Jets continue to dominate the NFL but loss to GB in 2026 SB...
My friend, not to be picky, but a small change is needed, If the Lions crush(as you have written)that means they won by a large margin...just change that to crash and it all fits....just saying :whistle:
UPDATE; CORRECTION HAS BEEN MADE...NO TRASH TALK HERE...

Last edited:
My friend, not to be picky, but a small change is needed, If the Lions crush(as you have written)that means they won by a large margin...just change that to crash and it all fits....just saying :whistle:
Opps!... You're right. I made a grammar error. Thank you, I corrected it but the future stays the same. No change, history will prove me right!
Loins still go down big time🛬🙀

Last edited:
I can see it now🤔..... Rodgers having the game of his life in the Super Bowl. Lions crash & burn💥
Ricky is going to be taking this one hard🤒... The 2025 Lions never snap out of it. They hire Belichick & win 4 games! Jets continue to dominate the AFC but loss to GB in 2026 SB... Rodgers retires in disgust!
Bobby
have you been taking a little nip here and there from the bottle ? ;)

Back