The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Kickoffs ought to be fun tonight
That new kick off rule & formation is weird. Not sure what to make of it.
...a couple thoughts I have on it are that the kickoff team, except for kicker, is 25 yards farther down field than before but not moving till ball is caught. So they are about at the same spot as they would be at before.( but now not moving). I think it could help the return team a lot. If you can get thru the initial coverage which appears to be spread out more than before, you could have a very long return. Some teams are going to figure it out right! ( ....but it won't be GB 'cause they are idiots on special teams)
Question: is there a way to do an onside kick now🤔? ..so the ball goes 10 yards & only the kicker is there? Well that ain't fair!
It's sort of goffy & I'm liking it more & more!😵

Last edited:
That new kick off rule & formation is weird. Not sure what to make of it.
...a couple thoughts I have on it are that the kickoff team, except for kicker, is 25 yards farther down field than before but not moving till ball is caught. So they are about it the same spot as they would be at before.( but not moving). I think it could help the return team a lot. If you can get thru the initial coverage which appears to be spread out more than before, you could have a very long return. Some teams are going to figure it out right! ( ....but it won't be GB 'cause they are idiots on special teams)
uestion: is there a Qway to do 🤔an onside kick now? ..so the ball goes 10 yards & only the kicker is there? Well that ain't fair!
It's sort of goffy & I'm liking it more & more!😵
The onside kick has changed dramatically....the surprise element is gone and it has limitations...only a trailing team can try it and only in the 4th quarter..AND they must declare it, tell the official before it is attempted. So the opposing team will know they are going to attempt it

As mentioned during the game, this rule is going to cause more penalties. The ideas/new rules are for less penalties.

All players in the setup zone cannot move until the kick has hit the ground or a player in the landing zone or the end zone

When it comes to awards in the NFL and even college...why not wait until the season is over..after the Super Bowl and after the College Playoffs...instead of rewarding the "regular season stars"....like Lamar Jackson...it would be nice if people would not become fixated on stats...Jackson is the obvious example...if you owned a team and it was late in the game and you needed to drive down the field and score to win the game and go to the Super Bowl...would you want Jackson or Mahomes....Jackson proved he couldn't do it under the most ideal circumstances...playing at home...but instead of scoring he threw into triple coverage...and he wasn't under pressure

Dunno, man. When I click on that link it's all about beer. Which was pretty interesting anyway.
Are you saying BEER isn't important...I don't drink anymore BUT I know it's importance...many fans couldn't make it thru a game without it...ask Gos if he could go a whole weekend without it...

Are you saying BEER isn't important...I don't drink anymore BUT I know it's importance...many fans couldn't make it thru a game without it...ask Gos if he could go a whole weekend without it...
I don’t drink anymore either other than perhaps some sampling of the wines and beers on our overseas trips. I live vicariously through the QQ Microbrew Thread. So screw all the people who still can drink! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back