The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tough game to lose. I didn't comment last night because the minute the game ended so did I.
You can blame it on a toe at the end but, like most games, there were lots of missed opportunities along the way for both teams. I had a feeling Tucker was going to miss that 50+ yard FG and even said so to my brother and his family. My niece gave me a nasty look after the fact and said "Why did you say that?". LOL
And "yes", Harbaugh indicated he was going for 2 before "The Toe" was determined.I would haave agreed with that gamble.

I was happy what I saw last night. Lots of room for improvement but the foundation of a very good team is in place. Looks like we have to work on how to better use Henry in our game plan. Lamar still needs to work on his timing when he passes 20+ yards down field., but he can still make things happen when he finds a lane.

Tough game to lose. I didn't comment last night because the minute the game ended so did I.
You can blame it on a toe at the end but, like most games, there were lots of missed opportunities along the way for both teams. I had a feeling Tucker was going to miss that 50+ yard FG and even said so to my brother and his family. My niece gave me a nasty look after the fact and said "Why did you say that?". LOL
And "yes", Harbaugh indicated he was going for 2 before "The Toe" was determined.I would haave agreed with that gamble.

I was happy what I saw last night. Lots of room for improvement but the foundation of a very good team is in place. Looks like we have to work on how to better use Henry in our game plan. Lamar still needs to work on his timing when he passes 20+ yards down field., but he can still make things happen when he finds a lane.

I would rather not have to go up against this Ravens team. They are formidable. KC is formidable. The Lions are formidable. The Jets are likely to be pesky, but not formidable. The Bills? I'll leave that adjective to @JohnN .

I would rather not have to go up against this Ravens team. They are formidable. KC is formidable. The Lions are formidable. The Jets are likely to be pesky, but not formidable. The Bills? I'll leave that adjective to @JohnN .
“Come for the grammar, stay for the adorable buffalo.”
Today’s grammar tip: Buffalo!

God bless, Go Bills!

You forgot to mention one other team.
They will play Jets, Chiefs, Lions, Bills, too bad no Ravens.
Those teams will be hyped and nervous to play the unmentioned formidable team.
They wear Red & Gold.

Whether they lost by ten points or a toe, its still adds up to an 0-1 start for the Ratbirds. It’s a good day in the CLE!

(No disrespect to the fandom of Bill B. He knows how all of this goes now that the season is underway)
You must have never seen the movie “Reservoir Dogs” and how Mr Brown felt about his assigned name or you wouldn’t be so quick to come up with demeaning names for other people’s teams. Not that I really give a shit… just saying.
😁

Purposely left out because the unmentioned team plays the Jets on Monday. I can dream, can't I?
Go SF, that should take care of it.

NoJinxJets2026, 27, 28, probably never. HOPE! Nope!
;)
Colours I've none dark or light, red, white or blue
Cold is my touch (freezing)

You must have never seen the movie “Reservoir Dogs” and how Mr Brown felt about his assigned name or you wouldn’t be so quick to come up with demeaning names for other people’s teams. Not that I really give a shit… just saying.
😁

Bill knows how it felt when YOUR team, the Colts, moved to Indianapolis and had great success in that city. Your city stole Willie's team away from him, thus the Ratbirds. Actually, I can't really empathize with either you or @Willie Wilson because no one has stolen the Jets away from me. I simply don't have that sort of good fortune. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
This was an exciting game...my laughter in the post above had everything to do with Lamar Jackson...it's was like groundhog day for me...it was the AFC Championship game all over again....people look at the box score and see all these great numbers he put up...his passing yards...his running yards...but once again...he had the chance to tie or win the game and he missed 2 chances...the first was a pass in the corner that most NFL QB's can make...the next was a pass most high school QB's could make...Flowers was WIDE OPEN in the endzone waving his hand...and Lamar had ALL DAY to make the throw....and he didn't throw it to him.....the last throw was right on the money and wasn't an easy throw....and it ended up being out of bounds....so what you got AGAIN was regular season MVP Lamar and SUPER BOWL MVP Patrick....or style(statistics) vs substance(championships)...

Then there is the coaching...one thing is obvious...the Ravens miss Mike Mcdonald...on the Chiefs side...their defense and schemes are effective...remember all the media hype about how D.Henry was going to batter the opposition with powerful rushing....13 rushes for 46 yards is hardly that....and one of the reasons the Chiefs were able to do so well against him...they announced to the world that the Ravens were going to be giving it to Henry by their formation...and once the Chiefs were able to slow it down the Ravens gave up on it, despite their offseason pledge to use Henry extensively. Instead of balance in the offense, they put all the burden on Jackson...41 passes and 16 rushes isn't a formula for team success...what if he got hurt....dependence on one player is never a good plan...Patrick threw the ball 28 times, but he distributed the ball and used his other assets to win the game.

I do see one big problem for the Chiefs...the loss of Sneed in free agency was one that can't be replaced..the scramble play by Jackson resulted in a long completion and the Chiefs DB not only didn't try to defend the pass but stood there and didn't tackle the WR....more sophisticated passing attacks will find this weakness and exploit it

people look at the box score and see all these great numbers he put up...his passing yards...his running yards...but once again...he had the chance to tie or win the game and he missed 2 chances...the first was a pass in the corner that most NFL QB's can make...the next was a pass most high school QB's could make...Flowers was WIDE OPEN in the endzone waving his hand...and Lamar had ALL DAY to make the throw....and he didn't throw it to him.....the last throw was right on the money and wasn't an easy throw....and it ended up being out of bounds....so what you got AGAIN was regular season MVP Lamar and SUPER BOWL MVP Patrick....or style(statistics) vs substance(championships)...

The truly great QBs know how to cut up a defense with chicken-shit throws all day long. Lamar is a really great runner, so he tends to rely on that ability, which kind of inhibits him from fully developing his passing skills.

Last edited:
Bill know how it felt when YOUR team, the Colts, moved to Indianapolis and had great success in that city. Your city stole Willie's team away from him, thus the Ratbirds. Actually, I can't really empathize with either you or @Willie Wilson because no one has stolen the Jets away from me. I simply don't have that sort of good fortune. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I was pissed when the Colts were stolen away from us, but I pretty much let it all go when we got the Ravens. I have no animosity at all towards the Colts now. The NFL could have made it right by giving us an expansion team but they made it clear they weren’t interested in that in 95 when they chose Carolina and Jacksonville. We did what we had to do to make things right.

TSN in Canada :D
NFL's Peacock-exclusive game adds to league's streaming arms race

Go Bills! Go Bills! Go Bills! Go Bills! Go Bills! Go Bills! Go Bills!
1725647438336.jpeg

The truly great QBs know how to cut up a defense with chicken-shit throws all day long. Lamar is a really great runner, so he tends to rely on that ability, which kind of inhibits him from fully developing his passing ski
His passing "skills" aren't the problem...this is his 7th year and that isn't going to improve...and it doesn't have to...he can throw with accuracy...his problem is something you can't fix...decision making and processing information quickly....it separates the great from the good...

His passing "skills" aren't the problem...this is his 7th year and that isn't going to improve...and it doesn't have to...he can throw with accuracy...his problem is something you can't fix...decision making and processing information quickly....it separates the great from the good...
Exactly, I consider decision making and the ability to process information quickly as key passing skills.

Is Kyle Shanahan the new Marv Levy? Just asking for a friend…
Marv Levy: "I Was Overwhelmed"

Marv Levy: "I Was Overwhelmed"​

Steve Tasker and Luke Tasker caught up with former Bills head coach Marv Levy after he was recently inducted into the Canadian Football Hall of Fame. Levy is just the third person to be inducted in both the Canadian and Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Exactly, I consider decision making and the ability to process information quickly as key passing skills.
I've seen other athletes in other sports that present this paradox...Lamar gives and Lamar takes it away...if it wasn't for all those rushing yards the Ravens wouldn't even be in the game...but when it comes to his poor passing decisions you wish you had another QB...

Special disclosure....the Lamar mentioned in these posts IS NOT the famous Lamar owned by Gos...it appears the Gos/Lamar is getting hate mail after the game.

Back