The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clint, I know what you mean about not being able to avoid 'some' injuries.
But the ones related to a lack of conditioning & fatigue is what I'm referring to. Those you could do something about!
Ya, I know how do you differentiate between them?.. sort of subjective.
There's a past discussion in this thread, somewhere, sort of related to this. That's about how the players are big, faster.... blah blah blah blah blah. But the things like ligaments, tendons, bones are now more prior to injury than in the past.
It sure seemed that going back say 40+ years, there weren't the volume of guys hurt like today🤔
This discussion is just subjective....but I would say it is hard to make a comparison of past football injuries to the current situation in the NFL...one glaring reason is 40 years ago there was hardly any media coverage...now if a player has a hangnail it's on ESPN an hour after it happened...but I will say that conditioning now is light years better that it was 40 years ago.

I'm not so sure that back in the day is much different getting ready in the locker room

we need to go back to football played in baseball stadiums outdoors. complete with grass and transitions into the infield sand - with poor attempt to make the pitcher mound a level plane. and I want leather helmets too dammit !
I could just imagine the playoffs in January in balmy Detroit :rolleyes:

we need to go back to football played in baseball stadiums outdoors. complete with grass and transitions into the infield sand - with poor attempt to make the pitcher mound a level plane. and I want leather helmets too dammit !
Go Lions!

Look, a leather lion!
s-l1600.jpg

Right on Ricky!
That's what it was like for the Packers when they played in Milwaukee at County Stadium...till the early '90.
...and as a teenager, I snuck into a few of those games @ County Stadium😎.

Last edited:
Right on Ricky!
That's what it was like for the Packers when they played in Milwaukee at County Stadium...till the early '90.
...and as a teenager, I snuck into a few of those games @ County Stadium😎.

Lions played in Tiger Stadium until the 80s when the Silverdome was born

Hey Bobby - trying to remember - the Packers shared Milwaukee and GreenBay. Was it Milwaukee one year and then GreenBay the next ? Or was it one game Milwaukee, next game GreenBay ?

Hey Bobby - trying to remember - the Packers shared Milwaukee and GreenBay. Was it Milwaukee one year and then GreenBay the next ? Or was it one game Milwaukee, next game GreenBay ?
Although City Stadium in Green Bay was the Packers' official home field, in 1933[13] they began to play some of their home games in Milwaukee to attract more fans and revenue.[14] After hosting one game at Borchert Field in 1933,[15] the Packers played two or three home games each year in Milwaukee, at Wisconsin State Fair Park from 1934 to 1951, Marquette Stadium in 1952,[14] and Milwaukee County Stadium from 1953–1994. Since then, the Packers have played all home games in Green Bay permanently.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Bay_Packers_home_games_in_Milwaukee

Although City Stadium in Green Bay was the Packers' official home field, in 1933[13] they began to play some of their home games in Milwaukee to attract more fans and revenue.[14] After hosting one game at Borchert Field in 1933,[15] the Packers played two or three home games each year in Milwaukee, at Wisconsin State Fair Park from 1934 to 1951, Marquette Stadium in 1952,[14] and Milwaukee County Stadium from 1953–1994. Since then, the Packers have played all home games in Green Bay permanently.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Bay_Packers_home_games_in_Milwaukee
Perhaps they can play a game in Milwaukee, PA and say that it's one of those 'overseas' games. Then I could drive there and see the game in person. :SB I always thought that it was so cool that the Pack played some games at Milwaukee County Stadium.

Back