The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No streaming in my house. Looks like the CowGirls are very vulnerable. Good
I don't have the same disdain for the Cowboys as you do...but I don't like them either...but they are getting worse. they won't have another 12 win season this year..other teams are getting better...they are just getting MORE EXPENSIVE

I don't have the same disdain for the Cowboys as you do...but I don't like them either...but they are getting worse. they won't have another 12 win season this year..other teams are getting better...they are just getting MORE EXPENSIVE
agreed Clinty ! Jerry Jones is not gonna be happy after this season

I feel bad for Gos...after all the pre season hype for the Bears....the players are having private meetings with the Offensive Coordinator...that's not a good sign for his career....having a rookie QB making suggestions about play calling never ends well...if the team keeps losing...he will be a scapegoat as the Bears Head Coach is already under the gun.

da Bears seem to have waaaaaay too much drama. Drama does not equate to victories. Sorry Gene and Clement . 8-9....... if you are lucky
Let's take a look at the games coming up....they can string together a winning streak before the HAMMER comes down..
Rams at home....Panthers at home...Jaguars at home...Washington away..Cardinals away...Patriots at home....

That was the good news...now THE HAMMER.....Packers at home.....Vikings at home...Lions away...Niners away.. Vikings away...Lions at home..Seahawks at home...Packers away..

In the first group I've got 3 I'm confident about....Rams are beat up but they can score points...something the Bears struggle with now...Washington is a toss up...rookie QB is playing good now...and the Cardinals are an up and down team...QB looks awesome at times but struggles too...

So out of the next 6 games I look for 3 and maybe 4 wins...the next 8 games...playing the Packers twice...Lions twice...Vikings twice and the Niners...I couldn't pick them to beat any of those teams....and the Seahawks...I think they are a surprise wild card team...

Of course all these predictions are based on the current level of play of the teams mentioned...and of course...injuries will be a HUGE FACTOR

8-9 might be generous

I'd love to hear some others chime in and give an opinion on these games..

Is Jerry Jones ever really happy?
I think he is...he loves the spotlight..there are plenty of wealthy 80+ individuals that we never have heard of...but when you own a sports team and are the GM as well...you are in the spotlight all the time.....and of course when you own the team you get a personal review like this one

On the morning of Aug. 11, the Tigers woke up in San Francisco looking like a team playing out the string. They were 55-63, eight games below .500. The Toronto Blue Jays, perhaps this season’s most disappointing outfit, had an identical record.

Two weeks earlier at the trade deadline, Detroit had traded away its second-best starting pitcher and an every-day outfielder. Six teams stood between the Tigers and the American League’s final playoff spot. Nobody in the Motor City was thinking about October baseball.

Since that morning, the Tigers are 31-11, the best mark in MLB. On Friday, at home against the historically abysmal Chicago White Sox, the Tigers clinched an AL wild-card spot. A postseason berth, which felt impossible six weeks ago, has been secured.

On the morning of Aug. 11, the Tigers woke up in San Francisco looking like a team playing out the string. They were 55-63, eight games below .500. The Toronto Blue Jays, perhaps this season’s most disappointing outfit, had an identical record.

Two weeks earlier at the trade deadline, Detroit had traded away its second-best starting pitcher and an every-day outfielder. Six teams stood between the Tigers and the American League’s final playoff spot. Nobody in the Motor City was thinking about October baseball.

Since that morning, the Tigers are 31-11, the best mark in MLB. On Friday, at home against the historically abysmal Chicago White Sox, the Tigers clinched an AL wild-card spot. A postseason berth, which felt impossible six weeks ago, has been secured.
I don't follow baseball but this post deserves a musical background and the NFL films John Facenda treatment

Jerry Jones is not gonna be happy after this season
As far as I'm concerned, that's always a good thing. It's unfortunate that the team's players, staff and fans are collateral damage.

tom.jpg

I think he is...he loves the spotlight..there are plenty of wealthy 80+ individuals that we never have heard of...but when you own a sports team and are the GM as well...you are in the spotlight all the time.....and of course when you own the team you get a personal review like this one
He also owns the team with the highest financial value of any sports franchise in the country(world?).

Edit: I posted this BEFORE I read the article. $9 billion is not too shabby. However, it doesn’t buy you a SB ring. It’s been a 28 year drought thus far.

Last edited:

This is why baseball is so good. Time to catch up while others choke. Hard to believe that the Royals made it. They did all they could to throw it away. Both teams still finished behind the Guardians, who found it again after a mid-season lull and held on to first place. All in all, a great showing by a division that is often derided as weak and non-competitive.

Back