The Who - Who’s Next SDE series no. 30 (January 17th, 2025)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed…and remember to pay in local currency when buying overseas - the downside of PayPal is they gouge on conversion rates 💸
I see that PayPal allows you to select a different currency, but it appears they still charge a conversion fee. Has that been your experience? Apparently, they also offer a selection between the PayPal conversion fee or your credit card company conversion fee. I've not ordered via SDE directly before, but I'm thinking I want to spring for the standalone BD.

My credit card has also been hacked after the Who purchase, twice on the same day within minutes of the order, thank you for sharing this as it now clearly points the finger at which purchase was responsible for leaking the information, I would suggest contacting SDE and make sure they are firmly aware of this problem. This was using the PayPal option.
I always use PayPal.

If the credit card assigned to your PayPal account has been hacked then this would have to be a PayPal issue as SDE would not know anything about your credit card. Or it's just a coincidence.

My credit card has also been hacked after the Who purchase, twice on the same day within minutes of the order, thank you for sharing this as it now clearly points the finger at which purchase was responsible for leaking the information, I would suggest contacting SDE and make sure they are firmly aware of this problem. This was using the PayPal option.
😡

I always use PayPal.

If the credit card assigned to your PayPal account has been hacked then this would have to be a PayPal issue as SDE would not know anything about your credit card. Or it's just a coincidence.
I have checked my PayPal and found no entries relevant to the purchase which means the PayPal account was not compromised, therefore as discussed with the bank concluded that the two offending SD entries may have occurred through SDE or more probable someone with knowledge of SDE financials or at the shipping merchants. PayPal security is excellent and I have only just began using this card which has its own security measures. Interestingly the two entries are still pending but the monies have been debited from the account.

If people pay for goods using PayPal, I don't understand how the vendor (in this case SDE) would know anything about your credit card surely only PayPal would know about it...

Unless at some point in time you purchased goods from SDE using your credit card.

I didn't think SDE kept any card details as everything I have bought from them has gone through Shopify who acts as the point of sale/ecommerce provider

Back