Yes - Close to the Edge 5.1 DVD-A/BluRay in October

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Full disclosure - I know the owner, so I asked him (after I bought mine, of course).

J. D.

thanks. seems like nice place albeit stiff shipping cost but seems when one combine several discs, the cost goes down.
please pass to your friend would be nice if he can update site search.
DVD-Audio string in search brings out only 4 titles, 2 of which not DVD-A at all.

http://waysidemusic.com/search.aspx?keyword=dvd-audio

Screw you Amazon US. I preordered this and you're already out of stock with no delivery date in sight. Cancelled my order and bought it via Burning Shed. Ships tomorrow.

I just did the same. About $3 more than Amazon (I pre-ordered at $25/ea blu-ray.) The reason I stopped buying from BS was their big warning about insurance and the steep price they charge for it - and I can usually get the discs from Amazon for about the same price with no worries about lost shipments.

I just did the same. About $3 more than Amazon (I pre-ordered at $25/ea blu-ray.) The reason I stopped buying from BS was their big warning about insurance and the steep price they charge for it - and I can usually get the discs from Amazon for about the same price with no worries about lost shipments.

it's seems like anyway about half of theirs sales been sent to here.
would be nice if BS could open sort of north american branch in either Canada or US, isn't?

Breakfast time: :)

image.jpg

I got mine at waysidemusic, in the US! Thanks to jdmack.

I don't think I have seen anyone comment on how the SW America sounds compared to America that was put on the Fragile DVDA.
If anyone can comment would love to read about it as I have a week or 2 to wait till my copy of CTTE will arrive.

I must have horrible luck. Wayside contacted me to tell me they ran out but are getting more on 11/18. At least they told me when they will get some unlike Amazon. I will keep my order with wayside. I have waited months for this, another week won't kill me...

BUT THE SUSPENSE ON HEARING THIS IS TEARING ME APART

Nothing in my mailbox today. Not that I was expecting it today...
Probably will be in for me within the first few days of next week.
At least I can enjoy "Nonsuch" and "Benefit" while I wait... :)

Tell me, why should I buy the blu-ray with DTS-HD Master Audio if I can get lossless 5.1 and hi res stereo on DVD-A? I don't care about the needle drop or backing tracks.

Tell me, why should I buy the blu-ray with DTS-HD Master Audio if I can get lossless 5.1 and hi res stereo on DVD-A? I don't care about the needle drop or backing tracks.

If all you want is the album, then the DVD-A will suffice, I'm sure :)

Two things that come to mind:

1) The BD plays in 4.0 systems. I'd guess the DVD-A doesn't.

2) The DVD-A requires an "unusual", almost vintage player.

Back