4 more Quadio titles coming in January 2024! (Titles Announced)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That AWB took a lot of creative thinking to come up with I'd say. Seems that the i and the a are the only letters in band name in common with Quadio.

I was at first guessing it's not an exact match, but darn close.

But can't really dispute that can I.

That AWB took a lot of creative thinking to come up with I'd say. Seems that the i and the a are the only letters in band name in common with Quadio.

I was at first guessing it's not an exact match, but darn close.

But can't really dispute that can I.
..and there's the letter "d", at the end of Band and the 4th letter in Quadio ✌️

As is known already, but I got an email from Rhino today advertising the new Quadio releases on the 19th. Sort of nice to see it. lol. I will be all in, of course.
Cool! I didn't get an email yet about the four new titles. But glad the 19th is still holding for orders and release.

Hi everyone...as we approach the next release of Quadios I want to ask the Canadians on this thread the following...who has ordered the Quadios from somewhere else than Rhino? And where? And how long did it take? I guess it's obvious why I'm asking, my first two orders (of the bundle) took 6 weeks each, and my "Moondance" hasn't "moved" since it was shipped on Dec 9th/23. Love Rhino's product, but certainly the worst shipping in the industry. When I order from CDJapan, SDE, D-V, Cherry Red, Burning Shed, etc., I'm listening to my new music usually in a week or less!!!

• Sad
Reactions: GOS
Hi everyone...as we approach the next release of Quadios I want to ask the Canadians on this thread the following...who has ordered the Quadios from somewhere else than Rhino? And where? And how long did it take? I guess it's obvious why I'm asking, my first two orders (of the bundle) took 6 weeks each, and my "Moondance" hasn't "moved" since it was shipped on Dec 9th/23. Love Rhino's product, but certainly the worst shipping in the industry. When I order from CDJapan, SDE, D-V, Cherry Red, Burning Shed, etc., I'm listening to my new music usually in a week or less!!!
Well, the Quadio line seems to be very popular with 3rd party resellers, especially on Discogs. Those sellers are scooping these up like they are the best deal on the planet for hi-rez surround (maybe they are).

So if you've had poor service or a bad experience ordering from the US site, I would do exactly what you are thinking and look for them at the Canadian Rhino store, or grab them from Discogs and be done with it. No need to put yourself through another potential traumatic experience. But start with Rhino Canada.

These discs should be around for about 3 years or more before the door slams shut and prices begin to skyrocket.

Peeps... AWB is a fricking EPIC quad album!!!!!! The song writing and vocals are some of the best of all time!!!! In 1974 as a 14 year old teenager and still now, these are simply epic songs... I can't wait to hear these in QUAD again!!!!! WAR is great too, but AWB is simply the shiz.... I despised disco for the most part, these are just great songs, maybe more funk... F! disco!!!!! Thanks Steve and Rhino!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You've upped my quality of life in my old age of 63!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jan 2024 rocks thanks to you!!!!!

I do want to note that for people planning on buying the set but are not familiar with Randy Newman, that artist often uses satire in his music, such as in the songs "Short People" (making fun of racism by applying the logic to discrimination based off height) or "Political Science" (a sort of "Modest Proposal" for the use of nuclear weapons).

In the opening track "Rednecks" off Good Old Boys, Newman sings from the perspective of a southern redneck regarding how the North looks down upon the South, also noting a perceived hypocrisy the North has for African Americans, keeping them within ghettos.

This is all to say that Newman makes flagrant use of the n-word throughout the song. I note all this in the message not as a defense per se, but an explanation for why the word is used. Suffice to say, this album may not be one to play at cocktail parties when showing off your surround sound system.

9:00 pm tonight on the west coast should be a go!
Prices are the same as always - buy the bundle and save a bundle!
Canadians are being charged HST (+ brokerage fee) at the post office when the package arrives. Rhino already charged the HST, so we pay twice. The fact that the tax was paid already should be indicated on the package, or indicated on a packing slip enclosed with the discs.

While I requested a full refund from border services I have yet to receive any word back!

Canadians are being charged HST (+ brokerage fee) at the post office when the package arrives. Rhino already charged the HST, so we pay twice. The fact that the tax was paid already should be indicated on the package, or indicated on a packing slip enclosed with the discs.

While I requested a full refund from border services I have yet to receive any word back!
I’m going to be ordering from Warner Music Canada this time around, it should work out to around the same price and when I ordered the Moondance disc from them in arrived it 2 days flat as it only had to travel about 2 hours to get to me!

I ordered both bundles from Rhino.com and they took 2 months to get to me! And as an insult to injury as you say I had to pay around 30$ extra to pick it up from the post office. And if that wasn’t enough I got 2 cracked cases!

Last edited:
9:00 pm tonight on the west coast should be a go!
Prices are the same as always - buy the bundle and save a bundle!
I got no discount of any kind on the last two bundles. Now I see them advertised on Rhino for less than I paid.

EDIT: As Gene says, a code basically negated the shipping cost for some. However both times I ordered I had no knowledge of any code or where it came from.

Last edited:
Regardless of how a discount code is applied, I guess the end result is less dollars spent. I never found out where the codes originated, and by the time I saw them mentioned on here I had already ordered.
Maybe I won't be so quick to order in the morning.

Back