4 more Quadio titles coming in January 2024! (Titles Announced)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, you mean those two [choice] WAR titles are distinct possibilities for future Rhino QUADIO BD~A releases?

Wishful thinking, but any possibility Steve that a complete list of available Rhino/WEA QUAD releases could be published in these pages to avoid any disappointment ...

One would imagine it’s impossible to create such a list. The situation is probably fluid and changing all the time because of rights issues or other considerations.

Let’s also not forget the idea here is Tape preservation of the Quad reels. So, we need to support whatever we can get and appreciate the Magnificent quality of these releases.

If 'Rhino Records' & 'Rhino Entertainment' are the same company, then I'm pretty sure ForagingRhino has access to the War catalogue.

'Rhino Entertainment' currently lists "War - Greatest Hits" LP & CD for sale.
https://store.rhino.com/en/search/?q=war&search-button=&lang=en_US
And .. per Discogs:
On Nov.24, 2023 'Rhino Records' released a 5-LP 50th Anniversary Edition of 'The World is a Ghetto'.
The previous year 2022 'Rhino Records' reissued 'The World Is A Ghetto' & 'Deliver The Word' LPs.

https://www.discogs.com/release/24283907-War-The-World-Is-A-Ghettohttps://www.discogs.com/release/24328460-War-Deliver-The-Wordhttps://www.discogs.com/release/29009644-War-The-World-Is-A-Ghetto-The-Complete-Sessions
It would surely make my day to see any of the three War Quad albums released by the Rhino Quadio program.

Last edited:
James Gang -Miami ...would be a treat , i think.

I noticed that WEA just released War The World Is A Ghetto....so it's probably off the table.......for now. (But feel free to correct me Steve)

@par4ken , unfortunately Black Oak Arkansas with both Raunch N Roll and Street Party ...are now on UMG.

I'm in for James Taylor Gorilla...at least ....I hope. And maybe Herbie Mann...or Aretha. ?

I guess this batch is mostly R&B , and Jazz....so a reissue of Billy Cobham Spectrum would be a sublime surprise!!

Oh and all you folks still waiting for the last batch order to arrive....Well believe it or not mine arrived in the mail TODAY ??? ....so they must be shipping through The Panama Canal !
Oh yes..and absolutely no damage.

Me too. It's been a month.
Reply got them yesterday. I have only had the chance to listen to Gordon Lightfoot. It is an example of a spectacular surround sound experience. I am a fan and saw him live in his prime many years ago, but the discreteness of this Blu-ray is simply out of this world for an album cut in 1974. If you like discrete, this is it.

I cannot agree with your post anymore than what you've reported...just simply a sublime and essential Quadio release and surely one that will "set the bar" performance AND sonically wise for the series moving forward. On a related note, the Monk release is purdy darn special and should be checked out as well. Kudo's to the Rhino team and I am REALLY looking forward to the January "drop" and hopefully another listening party in LA... Cheers!

My next batch wishlist is...

Seals & Crofts - Summer Breeze
James Taylor - Sweet Baby James (if it exists) or One Man Dog
Joni Mitchell - Court and Spark
Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly

Bucket list dream titles in quad...

Those titles would make me very happy. But others here may prefer harder rocking music from the halcyon days of higher testosterone levels.

Not being a pop, R&B, or jazz fan, I 'm afraid I am going to be disappointed in the next drop! I am more of a rock, prog, singer-songwriter guy. Having said that I will post my "wish-list".
Frank Zappa - Apostrophe
James Gang - Miami, although too bad Bang does not seem a possibility or the earlier Joe Walsh titles
Eagles - On the Border or One of These Nights
James Taylor - Sweet Baby James

Some other honorable mentions:
Carly Simon - No Secrets, or Greatest Hits
J. Geils Band - Bloodshot
Captain Beyond- S/T (though wish Sufficiently Breathless was a possibility)

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what we have come January and looking forward to some clues soon from Foraging Rhino!

Back