Batch #2 of Rhino Atmos Blu-Rays coming August 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is awesome! I can't wait to spend some more money. :oops::censored::LOL::hi
You don't have to buy everything. Knowing some of that gawd damn rock & roll is coming in the fall you need to save some money for them. It's "the kind of stuff that don't save souls" - so you gotta have it.

I still have not gotten the gumption to drill out the ceiling in my apt living room for Atmos speakers. I just don’t know about that.

I’m getting ready to paint three of the four walls, one gray, one dark blue, and one dark green because I saw it in a YouTube video and it looks cool and nice to get away from while after all these years. So I think that’s enough remodeling for this season.

Reactions: GOS
Warner Music I believe still owns those Jimmy Durante albums, if the multis can be located and mixed to Atmos. It’s all about the artist right!

It's five albums for Warners, he must have been a friend of The Charmin of the Board, and the Pack. The potential for a Quadio or 5.1 box set?

jimmy d.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I'm kinda disappointed in this batch. I don't have an Atmos system, so I'm really just interested in the quad or 5.1 mixes. I hope the Carly has the original quad mix. (There goes my hopes for a Carly box set. ☹️) I have The Best of Seal DVD from 2005. I also have the Chicago Quadio box set. So I'm guessing it's just a Carly purchase for me in this batch.

That Carly item would be a quadruple dip in my case.
DVD-A, AF Gold, MoFi SACD, Rhino Bluray.
Not sure I need another copy…..may need to pass because Atmos isn’t a selling point for me.
Between these two AF Gold, and MoFi SACD you did not need both but figured the SACD was an upgrade?
I would and do want the 70's quad mix, won't be without that.

Rhino also released as their very first quad DVD Chicago's first album..in DTS yet.
Right, but while there was an execrable stereo remix of CTA done by Tim Jessup, it seems unlikely that an Atmos remix has been completed. Knowing now that there's a streaming Atmos mix of IX, that's what I'm expecting. I still hold out hope that Steven Wilson mixed Chicago in surround/immersive, too.

Well, I'm kinda disappointed in this batch. I don't have an Atmos system, so I'm really just interested in the quad or 5.1 mixes. I hope the Carly has the original quad mix. (There goes my hopes for a Carly box set. ☹️
I don't have an Atmos system either but I'm told the mixes fold down to 7.1 and 5.1 pretty well in most cases. So I can jump up to 7.1 as long as my rear surrounds stay in the rear of the room (I'm told Atmos has other ideas for my room layout).

Now about Carly. I can imagine her other albums getting a Quadio release in the future. So as long as they were released on BR disc would that satisfy you just about the same?

Back