Batch #2 of Rhino Atmos Blu-Rays coming August 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have the quad, so can't say. In addition to the pic I posted above, I found these -- the BOOM DOT BUSTs are unopened, and have "6 channel sound!" 5.1, maybe? or that weird format Peter Jackson released LOTR in? Anyway, the big box of Nick is unopened as well, but CDs of course. I have all the main CDs, some in MoFi, and all scattered :cautious:

[edit: fizzywiggs41, what is the PBS special? Oh, wait, that's the WEIRDLY COOL DVD <sing-songy "never mind">]

I also have Boom Dot Bust , DVDA in the CD size case . Bought it in store along with The Doors L.A. Woman . I remember those Rhinophonic Sound stickers on the first WEA DVDA'S issued.

I had 2 Beta hifi tapes of TFT as well , and one on VHS...The Case Of The Missing Yolk... I highly recommend this one!
The Beta's were Eat Or Be Eaten in Dolby Surround and one more which escapes me , but it was Voice overs to Black and White film snippets.

And the FM shows DVD ROMS that made up all of the 'Dear Friends Hour' plus a few other shows they had, all available on "Duke Of Madness Motors"

And all of their vinyl albums up til Nick Danger the EP on Rhino.plus a few MOFI issues.

Note : @MIDIQ
Now I was just on the Firesign website and
Everything You Know Is Wrong 2-DVD set (quad)/5.1 is now $25.00 US.

Yes I sincerely hope Rhino can issue more of THE FIRESIGN THEATRE in surround.
And in DVD 4.0, 5.1 or Bluray (atmos)

I also have Boom Dot Bust , DVDA in the CD size case . Bought it in store along with The Doors L.A. Woman . I remember those Rhinophonic Sound stickers on the first WEA DVDA'S issued.

I had 2 Beta hifi tapes of TFT as well , and one on VHS...The Case Of The Missing Yolk... I highly recommend this one!
The Beta's were Eat Or Be Eaten in Dolby Surround and one more which escapes me , but it was Voice overs to Black and White film snippets.

And the FM shows DVD ROMS that made up all of the 'Dear Friends Hour' plus a few other shows they had, all available on "Duke Of Madness Motors"

And all of their vinyl albums up til Nick Danger the EP on Rhino.plus a few MOFI issues.

Note : @MIDIQ
Now I was just on the Firesign website and
Everything You Know Is Wrong 2-DVD set (quad)/5.1 is now $25.00 US.

Yes I sincerely hope Rhino can issue more of THE FIRESIGN THEATRE in surround.
And in DVD 4.0, 5.1 or Bluray (atmos)
Awesome price, but does anyone know if the mix is discrete enough from lp? I had the quad 8 track years ago, and was fantastic.

Also, any hints when or what Atmos Blu rays are in this bunch? looking forward to the Carly Simon, I think was mentioned.

It's been all secrets except No Secrets.
Which wasn't confirmed, per sé, but a Carly Simon Blu-ray with Atmos, 5.1, and quad—assuming it only features existing, already-released mixes—could only be No Secrets. It remains possible that this release will feature unreleased mixes, and therefore could be the compilation The Best of Carly Simon (or one that wasn't originally released in quad, like The Best of the Doors, as long as quad mixes exist for all/most of the tracks) or one of her other quad albums: Carly Simon, Hotcakes, or Playing Possum.

Which wasn't confirmed, per sé, but a Carly Simon Blu-ray with Atmos, 5.1, and quad—assuming it only features existing, already-released mixes—could only be No Secrets. It remains possible that this release will feature unreleased mixes, and therefore could be the compilation The Best of Carly Simon (or one that wasn't originally released in quad, like The Best of the Doors, as long as quad mixes exist for all/most of the tracks) or one of her other quad albums: Carly Simon, Hotcakes, or Playing Possum.
I really hope the Atmos Blu-Rays don't bank on a bunch of Greatest Hits releases. There are some stellar ones, but for the most part, I prefer the studio album experience.

Carly
Seal
Chicago
My guesses:
All three have previous DVD-A 5.1 mixes (as linked above), though I don't know if Seal or Chicago have streaming Atmos mixes at present. Chicago also has the quad mix and Steven Wilson stereo mix, of course. Perhaps he latterly completed 5.1* and Atmos mixes, too? (*If Moondance is anything to go by, we'd only get the new Atmos mix plus the old Paul Klingberg 5.1 mix from the DVD-A, leaving Steven's dedicated 5.1 unreleased.)

I really hope the Atmos Blu-Rays don't bank on a bunch of Greatest Hits releases. There are some stellar ones, but for the most part, I prefer the studio album experience.
I prefer a complete studio album in general. But a hits collection can often be by far the biggest seller in a band's career especially if the albums are at all patchy.

I doubt it be Seal as this was released by Rhino a few months ago
that would be Seal's 1994 album
I think we are getting Seal's 1991 album, which has never been released on Blu-Ray to date
Blu-Ray would have the Atmos mixes (currently streaming) plus the 2005 5.1 mixes from the DVDA-V

Back