Batch #2 of Rhino Atmos Blu-Rays coming August 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seal being my least favorite. I was never a big fin of his.

give-me-a-break-right.gif

I don't have an Atmos system either but I'm told the mixes fold down to 7.1 and 5.1 pretty well in most cases. So I can jump up to 7.1 as long as my rear surrounds stay in the rear of the room (I'm told Atmos has other ideas for my room layout).

Now about Carly. I can imagine her other albums getting a Quadio release in the future. So as long as they were released on BR disc would that satisfy you just about the same?
Well, bottom line for me is that I have the others in surround. Carly, I do not. (Well, I have all her stuff on CD-4, but you know how that can be.) So I'll probably buy it....with the hope that all her material will, at some point, be released on Blu-ray. I hope it's in a Quadio box set like Chicago, the Doobies or Joni.

The rhino is not known for being coy, and QQ's very own @ForagingRhino has to be coy for corporate reasons, but maybe he can answer this question: will we receive full details about this Atmos batch in advance of the 30th, or is this another batch that is not officially announced until date-of-release/purchase?

That would be a phenomenal album for Atmos! I have that on vinyl from way back and was one of my favs for playback with QS VM.
It's a glossy production like Fleetwood Mac of that era but with all the rich instrumentation & Welch's vocals, just imagine what Steven Wilson could do with it. I'd buy an Atmos BD of the album in a nanosecond :) Please some label do this!
I agree this would be great in multichannel. And very high on my wish list

Chicago IX would be nice...
Awesome, Just went to see them in concert in Tampa this past Fri, great time.
With Lamm on keyboards and Pankow & Loughnane's horns still the other "vocal" lead, the
essence of the original CTA still lives. As a born and 60+ year Chicagoan, thank guys for all
the memories. This will very likely be my last gasp with them at a live event.

Per the latest Rhino Newsletter-

"Foreigner are not only set to be inducted into the Rock Hall on October 19th but they're headed out on the final leg of their Farewell Tour AND they're releasing a new career-spanning collection featuring “Turning Back the Time,” a previously unreleased track originally recorded in 1996. Tune in below."

* Makes me wonder if there could possibly be some new Atmos mixes coming from Rhino?

Any ideas?

The first album would be great to have in Atmos. Wonder if Mick Jones and the current cover band will be the only attendees at the induction. It’s unfortunate that Ian McDonald, one of the founders of the band who is well-known to most of us from King Crimson as well, is already gone.
I believe several classic members will be there Including Lou and Rick

This Friday, 6:00 AM is when the titles will be announced and up for sale.
The word around the office is that there will be a Labor Day sale of some sort as well.
For the benefit of us non North Americans, not necessarily for FR but I thought Labor day was in May or do I not to take this literally.

Back