Batch #2 of Rhino Atmos Blu-Rays coming August 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ahh.. with talk of Batch #2 at a Saturday Night Fever pitch, i hate to be an SHF (Shipping Holdup Fiasco) whiner but i'd love to receive Batch #1 first so i can lap up "the best of the best of the Doors", F.Mac & cheese, Cootie and the blowholes & the divine Miss Alanis M. before the next bundle of "oh joy!" ๐Ÿ˜‹ but it seems my package o'atmos is in limbo! ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ˜… now it may be in the hands of a diligent post office himbo.. or possibly with an import duty inflicting bimbo.. or it could have been trampled underfoot by dimbo the elephant.. but i know where it's not! ๐Ÿ˜ณ it's not chez moi so i can plonk my posterior in the sweet spot and wrap me bleedin' lugholes round it in all its atmosphonic Knickerbocker glory! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ

(this has been a public whinge on behalf of the Whiners Association Of Great Britain) ๐Ÿค ๐Ÿท๐Ÿ˜†

so.. now that's out of the way and Carly's (No) Secret (secret) is out.. ๐Ÿฅณ how about my other guesses for Batch #2.. are 'Good Times' just around the corner with some freak out Chic? ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ’ก

You got me all excited for a second, but your math is off! We're 35 days out. :eek:

But yes, while I burn up my credit card on Quadio batch #5, a clue (or seven) would be awesome. :cool:

Let's hope the Rhino falls under GOS's spell!
Oh sheesh! That's the second time in 2 days I've goofed up looking at a "date" August....not July. Wow! Maybe I think it's August....

ahh.. with talk of Batch #2 at a Saturday Night Fever pitch, i hate to be an SHF (Shipping Holdup Fiasco) whiner but i'd love to receive Batch #1 first so i can lap up "the best of the best of the Doors", F.Mac & cheese, Cootie and the blowholes & the divine Miss Alanis M. before the next bundle of "oh joy!" ๐Ÿ˜‹ but it seems my package o'atmos is in limbo! ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ˜… now it may be in the hands of a diligent post office himbo.. or possibly with an import duty inflicting bimbo.. or it could have been trampled underfoot by dimbo the elephant.. but i know where it's not! ๐Ÿ˜ณ it's not chez moi so i can plonk my posterior in the sweet spot and wrap me bleedin' lugholes round it in all its atmosphonic Knickerbocker glory! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ

(this has been a public whinge on behalf of the Whiners Association Of Great Britain) ๐Ÿค ๐Ÿท๐Ÿ˜†

so.. now that's out of the way and Carly's (No) Secret (secret) is out.. ๐Ÿฅณ how about my other guesses for Batch #2.. are 'Good Times' just around the corner with some freak out Chic? ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ’ก
Perhaps your ATMOS discs took a detour to Gay Paree to bask in the Summer Olympics and will be adorned with a Gold Medal when it reaches your shores, Adam!

As far as CHIC ~ C'est Magnifique! ๐Ÿพ

Nice! But that would suggest that a future Carly Quadio Box is less likely!
Please please please PLEASE don't tell me there won't be a Carly box set!!!! I've been waiting on one since the Doobie box was announced!
I think it's safe to say that a Carly box if it was ever on the table has just flown out the window.
But that does not rule out Quadio discs featuring her quad mixed albums.

There was a question posed several months ago by @JonUrban (I believe?), as to whether Carlyโ€™s Greatest Hits should be included in a Carly box set or released as a stand alone.
Perhaps there will still be a forthcoming box sets. And maybe they will do what they did for the Joni box and create a new quad for one of her other albums โ€ฆ. we can hope.

Although...it could be the Carly Simon Greatest Hits album in Atmos...maybe to see if her music is popular enough to make a box set worth it to Rhino.

Kirk Bayne
One only has to look at what was already mixed in 4.0, and then 5.1, and Atmos for streaming and that is three clues right there.

Oh boy how could I forget one of Warner's greatest group$ from the 70's......

Little Feat -Waiting For Columbus
Little Feat -Dixie Chicken

Both of which were on DVDA listings years ago. But why stop there..

Little Feat - The Last Record Album
Little Feat - Sailin Shoes
Little Feat - Feets Don't Fail Me Now
Little Feat - Time Loves A Hero
Little Feat - Down On The Farm
Little Feat - Little Feat (71)

And I gotta second these already mentioned Dead albums...

Grateful Dead - Blues For Allah
Grateful Dead - Terrapin Station
Grateful Dead - Europe 72
Grateful Dead - Steal Your Face (music fr The Dead Movie)
Grateful Dead - Aoxmoxoa
Grateful Dead - Anthem Of The Sun
Grateful Dead - Wake Of The Flood (was considered for a quad mix tour album)

Fleetwood Mac - Best Of 1968-1974

Passport-Cross-Colateral

I'll have to think up some more WEA later, but for now that should satisfy some peoples curiosity.

-Fizzy

Oh boy how could I forget one of Warner's greatest group$ from the 70's......

Little Feat -Waiting For Columbus
Little Feat -Dixie Chicken

Both of which were on DVDA listings years ago. But why stop there..

Little Feat - The Last Record Album
Little Feat - Sailin Shoes
Little Feat - Feets Don't Fail Me Now
Little Feat - Time Loves A Hero
Little Feat - Down On The Farm
Little Feat - Little Feat (71)

And I gotta second these already mentioned Dead albums...

Grateful Dead - Blues For Allah
Grateful Dead - Terrapin Station
Grateful Dead - Europe 72
Grateful Dead - Steal Your Face (music fr The Dead Movie)
Grateful Dead - Aoxmoxoa
Grateful Dead - Anthem Of The Sun
Grateful Dead - Wake Of The Flood (was considered for a quad mix tour album)

Fleetwood Mac - Best Of 1968-1974

Passport-Cross-Colateral

I'll have to think up some more WEA later, but for now that should satisfy some peoples curiosity.

-Fizzy
Wellโ€ฆ we do know that Rhino made a Waiting for Columbus mix that hasnโ€™t been released, that was made alongside last years deluxe versions.

And that Steven Wilson has an unreleased (he suspects its being saved for the 50th anniversary next year) Blues for Allah, along with a streaming version of Europe 72, American Beauty, and a Mickey Hart Workingmanโ€™s Dead mixโ€ฆ

And Fleetwood Mac has Fleetwood Mac, Tusk, Mirage, and Tango In The Night as streaming Atmos mixes.

So of all those at least those have a higher likelihood of others, imo

Back