BIG Blu-Ray Audio drive from Universal Music in 2013 - PART TWO

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be nice if it were 5.1 but I wouldn't expect it. Hopefully they can at least release a better, less compressed mastering. The DR rating of the CD is only a 5, and it sounds absolutely terrible. The DR rating of the vinyl is 10 and while it's not an audiophile masterpiece, it's leagues better than the CD.

I'll say it again..

according to sa-cd.net the upcoming HFPA of Sabbath's "13" (scheduled for release in Europe 26th September from what I can gather) will have DTS 5.1..!

http://www.sa-cd.net/showtitle/10016
Nice, finally some recent albums with surround. Hopefully this is part of more surround titles that HFPA was talking about.

The bigger problem, if it is 5.1, will the sound be better than the Soundgarden mix???
There are not many good rock 5.1 mixes out there.
But I would give it a try, as there is no need in buying a super duper heavy special ultra deluxe box with knives and turned crosses and a limited bat-head :).

With a pinch of salt you could eat both the hat AND the disc if the surround mix isn't any good :)

I'll say it again..

according to sa-cd.net the upcoming HFPA of Sabbath's "13" (scheduled for release in Europe 26th September from what I can gather) will have DTS 5.1..!

http://www.sa-cd.net/showtitle/10016

Not sure thats correct.... based on the information on the Pure Audio site...
sa-cd.net are going to wait to get definitive info before they update the page (if needed).

"Thanks for the update; I have to treat the submission info as genuine until someone who owns it can show otherwise, so I'll leave it "as is" for the moment."

Not sure thats correct.... based on the information on the Pure Audio site...
sa-cd.net are going to wait to get definitive info before they update the page (if needed).

"Thanks for the update; I have to treat the submission info as genuine until someone who owns it can show otherwise, so I'll leave it "as is" for the moment."

I am 100% sure it is not 5.1. There you have it.

Thanks for the heads up (y) I just ordered it this morning (from some obscure site in Finland.. none of the usual online retailers have it) ..we'll see if it turns up! :mad:@:

I can beat that - A Lithuanian site to order a Finnish disc to be shipped to New Zealand... :eek::eek::D

Back