BIG Blu-Ray Audio drive from Universal Music in 2013 - PART TWO

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simple Minds and "A Farewell to Kings" definitely are, and I think there's at least a 73% chance the same can be said for Bon Jovi and Marvin Gaye, cause after all surround mixes of these albums have already been released, so nothing new here under the sun.

The other four discs towards the top will most likely be stereo only.

Bon Jovi is stereo

The preorders for certain HFPA Blu-Rays on amazon.com are disappearing…

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QR7ZLYA/ (RUSH 'A Farewell to Kings', "Currently Unavailable")
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QHPSS9W/ (Simple Minds 'Sparkle in the Rain', only available from Third party sellers)
http://www.amazon.com/Slippery-When-Wet-Blu-ray-Audio/dp/B00RXPTG14/ (Bon Jovi 'Slippery When Wet', "Currently Unavailable")

"Let's Get It On" and "Pet Sounds" are still shown as available for preorder however.

Anyone know what's going on?

"What's Going On" is so last year in HFPA-land! :D ;) :ugham:

Would be nice if the sellers would provide that information, it really pisses me of that you can't find that information on the sellers website. :howl

I agree it is frustrating, but it won't do any good to shoot the messenger (i.e. the sellers) as it's really the record labels who are to blame for not getting that info out to the stores.
And don't even get me started on HFPA's lack of marketing...

Simple Minds and "A Farewell to Kings" definitely are, and I think there's at least a 73% chance the same can be said for Bon Jovi and Marvin Gaye, cause after all surround mixes of these albums have already been released, so nothing new here under the sun.

The other four discs towards the top will most likely be stereo only.

afaik the Marvin Gaye will have the old Hybrid SACD 5.0 mix.. dunno about the Slippery BJ.

Sorry, but you're really going to trust that site when users (like us) submit that info to them?

I'll reiterate what I have said before, which is I don't think ANYONE can say with a 100% certainty that this disc will only have stereo audio.

There has been no concrete info from the labels on what this disc will actually contain, therefore anything else posted in other places is just rumor.

Sorry, but you're really going to trust that site when users (like us) submit that info to them?

I'll reiterate what I have said before, which is I don't think ANYONE can say with a 100% certainty that this disc will only have stereo audio.

There has been no concrete info from the labels on what this disc will actually contain, therefore anything else posted in other places is just rumor.

I agree :) (tho some titles there aren't user submitted necessarily)

It's the only information out there...and if it is based on information provided by forum users like us...it's as good as the rumors that find their way on these threads...probably as good as your 73% guesstimate..but I hope you realize that other releases like these have had previous surround releases but weren't released that way on blu ray titles..just saying...

I trust the information about this one:

http://sa-cd.net/showtitle/10540

Slippery BD not submitted by "Us", it was submitted by "Them" (sa-cd.net chappy not user) otherwise it would name user.

Us.. us.. us.. and Them.. them.. them..

Slippery BD not submitted by "Us", it was submitted by "Them" (sa-cd.net chappy not user) otherwise it would name user.

Us.. us.. us.. and Them.. them.. them..

I was going to mention that but it probably would have served no useful purpose...people are going to think what they want...but that guide has helped me many times...of course it's not flawless...

Back