BIG Blu-Ray Audio drive from Universal Music in 2013 - PART TWO

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a good one. From the original DSD tapes - created from the Analog Tapes of the Stones.

And speaking of ABKCO's DSD Downloads, be sure to checkout "Portrait of a Legend" by Sam Cooke in DSD Stereo. Another Analog Tape to DSD transfer. "Only Sixteen" is just amazing. :)

I wonder what the Let It Bleed Blu Ray Audio sounds like?

the let it bleed blu ray sounds great. I hope there are more blu ray only stones releases.

So to recap, in the months ahead we can expect the following on HFPA:

Beach Boys - Pet Sounds (5.1),
Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On (5.1),
Gregory Porter - Liquid Spirit,
Rush - A Farewell To Kings (5.1),
Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet (5.1),
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Southern Surroundings (5.1),
Herbie Hancock - Maiden Voyage + 2/fer,
Miles Davis - Complete Blue Note Collection.

Any others people here know of?

Rush - "Signals" (5.1) :)

Very true.. I don't know how important it is to the majority of members here but there are quite a few French HFPA's that don't have the 5.1's of their SACD predecessors (Barbara - L'aigle Noir.. several Johnny Hallyday's, Bernard Lavilliers - O Gringo, several Jacques Brel albums..) needless to say those SACDs all go for a pretty penny now, this was a chance to reissue those long OOP 5.1's so we could get them on the cheap.. and Universal blew it.. :( high fidelity pure a$$hole$ :mad:@:

Which is almost the opposite of what Hong Kong Universal Music is doing. HK Universal elected to release new 5.1 mixes (so far, only concert recordings without video content) only on HFPA....

16700529587_2f0f16ff8e_c.jpg

Grace Jones Disco, 3 albums on one bd-a, http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/grace-jones-disco-blu-ray-audio/

I just pre-ordered the Grace Jones Disco blu ray audio from amazon uk, the cost of delivery to the US was $29.36 as opposed to the present(with the screwed up description) price of $37.99 on amazon US website HERE...it doesn't even mention blu ray on the US site...but it says there are 3 formats and lists vinyl and CD and lists 1 disc in the description for $37.99....I'll keep an eye on this one to see what the price is on the US site when it gets closer...

I just pre-ordered the Grace Jones Disco blu ray audio from amazon uk, the cost of delivery to the US was $29.36 as opposed to the present(with the screwed up description) price of $37.99 on amazon US website HERE...it doesn't even mention blu ray on the US site...but it says there are 3 formats and lists vinyl and CD and lists 1 disc in the description for $37.99....I'll keep an eye on this one to see what the price is on the US site when it gets closer...

This release will contain 43 tracks according to Superdeluxerdition.com

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/grace-jones-disco-blu-ray-audio/

As the date gets closer(probably closer) more sites are showing Rush Farewell To Kings blu ray audio..THE MOOSE has it here...Deep Discount has it here...amazon here...burning shed here...now over at importcds I didn't see the blu ray version...just the vinyl...but I could have missed it as most of these search engines on these sites are pretty poor..maybe that slippery lizard from New Zealand can find it:couch

Forgot about Elusive Disc here..and acoustic sounds here

As the date gets closer(probably closer) more sites are showing Rush Farewell To Kings blu ray audio..THE MOOSE has it here...Deep Discount has it here...amazon here...burning shed here...now over at importcds I didn't see the blu ray version...just the vinyl...but I could have missed it as most of these search engines on these sites are pretty poor..maybe that slippery lizard from New Zealand can find it:couch

Nup Spaceman- I have the DVD-A - not interested... :zzzzz

Forgot about Elusive Disc here..and acoustic sounds here

Same mastering as DVD A?

Back