BIG Blu-Ray Audio drive from Universal Music in 2013 - PART TWO

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the only information out there...and if it is based on information provided by forum users like us...it's as good as the rumors that find their way on these threads...probably as good as your 73% guesstimate..but I hope you realize that other releases like these have had previous surround releases but weren't released that way on blu ray titles..just saying...

TWO titles ("The Look of Love" and "Layla") released before HFPA pulled their heads out of the ground and started offering 5.1 surround on their discs. I can't think of any HFPA discs released since they started offering 5.1 that left surround of a HFPA title that had it on other disc formats before.

I was going to mention that but it probably would have served no useful purpose...people are going to think what they want...but that guide has helped me many times...of course it's not flawless...

Its flawless - like a crazy diamond! (and we all shine on...) :banana:

my take on it is; they get things wrong there from time to time like we all do :)

the bigger issue is HFPA itself..
it's a total Hashed Up Fudged Up Product of Aimlessness :ugham:

TWO titles ("The Look of Love" and "Layla") released before HFPA pulled their heads out of the ground and started offering 5.1 surround on their discs. I can't think of any HFPA discs released since they started offering 5.1 that left surround of a HFPA title that had it on other disc formats before.

I just posted information that was available...that's all...I didn't guarantee it's accuracy...that specific title was not provided by a community user...so either the admin knew something in advance or just guessed..like you did...btw..nice touch adding a %...but if you think that HFPA has gotten their act together and wouldn't issue a non surround version of a previously issued surround title I think you are giving them too much credit...they have improved...but I'm not convinced they actually understand the whole hi rez movement...

Very true.. I don't know how important it is to the majority of members here but there are quite a few French HFPA's that don't have the 5.1's of their SACD predecessors (Barbara - L'aigle Noir.. several Johnny Hallyday's, Bernard Lavilliers - O Gringo, several Jacques Brel albums..) needless to say those SACDs all go for a pretty penny now, this was a chance to reissue those long OOP 5.1's so we could get them on the cheap.. and Universal blew it.. :( high fidelity pure a$$hole$ :mad:@:

Very true.. I don't know how important it is to the majority of members here but there are quite a few French HFPA's that don't have the 5.1's of their SACD predecessors (Barbara - L'aigle Noir.. several Johnny Hallyday's, Bernard Lavilliers - O Gringo, several Jacques Brel albums..) needless to say those SACDs all go for a pretty penny now, this was a chance to reissue those long OOP 5.1's so we could get them on the cheap.. and Universal blew it.. :( high fidelity pure a$$hole$ :mad:@:

At least we got one Johnny Hallyday & Serge Gainsbourg - Historie... as 5.1...

I just posted information that was available...that's all...I didn't guarantee it's accuracy...that specific title was not provided by a community user...so either the admin knew something in advance or just guessed..like you did...btw..nice touch adding a %...but if you think that HFPA has gotten their act together and wouldn't issue a non surround version of a previously issued surround title I think you are giving them too much credit...they have improved...but I'm not convinced they actually understand the whole hi rez movement...

we're all acting in good faith :) (I would take the stereo only info there with a pinch of sel de mer though..)

On the topic of the Marvin Gaye'' upcoming release...this website says it will be a surround disc HERE....BUT this same website lists the Who blu ray..which seemed to be dead months ago...HERE

Disclaimer:..the poster is not to be held responsible for any errors in the release or details of the product discussed in this post...

On the topic of the Marvin Gaye'' upcoming release...this website says it will be a surround disc HERE....BUT this same website lists the Who blu ray..which seemed to be dead months ago...HERE

Disclaimer:..the poster is not to be held responsible for any errors in the release or details of the product discussed in this post...

I guess the vendor got their info from the same source as http://www.musictap.net/2015/02/11/...ased-on-bd-audio-stereo5-1-surround-in-march/

Back