Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is amazing is there is a lengthy booklet included going on and on about this film as well as interviews and other stuff.
Every trash film out there has fans that consider it a cult classic.

Well, maybe not every trash film. But I'd guess most. For all I know, there are legitimate fans of Manos.

Sounds like you're not a fan of "The Volume"; does it look too fake to you, or just unnatural in some way?

On my old Samsung regular HD-TV it didn't look too bad for me; but if you have a larger and more modern screen 4K etc., perhaps you notice it more.
It's an incredible bit of technology, but yes, it can look just a bit... Off, or cheap. My TV is a 65" 4K LG B8 OLED, and I watch from about 10 ft. (3 m) away. It's especially noticeable in brightly lit on-screen environments.

It's an incredible bit of technology, but yes, it can look just a bit... Off, or cheap. My TV is a 65" 4K LG B8 OLED, and I watch from about 10 ft. (3 m) away. It's especially noticeable in brightly lit on-screen environments.
I've definitely been leaning towards some variant of an LG 4K OLED set for my Samsung replacement. (y)

I've definitely been leaning towards some variant of an LG 4K OLED set for my Samsung replacement. (y)
My 55"[in bedroom] Curved LG OLED 3D TV has been going strong since 2016 and it is, IMO, THE best TV I have ever owned! Out of the box it was perfectly calibrated and I have NEVER EVER had to readjust any of the original factory settings and I am an extreme fuss pot when it comes to video! And the black levels are to die for!

1. Is it MakeMKV that's not reading the sector properly and displaying an error during the rip process?

or;

2. Are you able to successfully rip it to MKV without MakeMKV displaying any errors and the playback of the MKV is throwing the error at that particular part of the movie?

Sorry for all the questions. Just wanna get to the bottom of it!
The error is during the tipping process, on the same disc sector.

Arriving August 27th from ARROW films and director Robert Rodriguez THE MEXICO TRILOGY [Native UHD4K from OCN/HDR10/Dolby Vision/see individual releases for audio codecs] 1080p Blu~ray discs included for all three!

edit: Only Desperado is in UHD4K. El Mariachi and Once Upon a Time in Mexico are 1080p!

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Mexico-Trilogy-4K-Blu-ray/362570/#Review

81FiIgeszuL._SL1500_.jpg
Was able to order ARROW FILM's THE MEXICO TRILOGY for half price [list $100] from Deep Discount utilizing their 15% off coupon code [GRILL}

https://www.deepdiscount.com/the-me...o-and-once-upon-a-time-in-mexico/760137145950

Another RAVE review from Highdefdigest for the 3 disc set with copious bonus features

https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/133340/themexicotrilogyelarrowvideo4kultrahdbluray.html

Last edited:
The error is during the tipping process, on the same disc sector.
It could very well be a dirty part of the disc - even if it doesn't look dirty. I've struck many of these and have found that these methods work:

1. Give it a spray with window cleaner and a gentle wipe from the centre outwards with a clean microfibre cloth.

2. If that don't work, direct application of some dishwashing squirty soap and rubbing it around the disc, then a plunge in warm water to get it all off might do the trick. During this process, you may feel the disc become "grippier" on your thumb/fingers as your working them across the surface. If so, you've probably shifted the smeary fine gunge that seems to be applied at the factory or gets on the disc from the case (you may see it all over the inside of the case if you run your finger over it).

Once the disc is completely dry, give it another ripadeedoodaa and see how that goes. You may need to repeat the cleaning a few times. I've struck some bothersome discs at times but don't give up!

I've been on a Guy Ritchie kick lately and thanks to GRUV.com who blew out this UHD4K flick for 10 bucks, I spent two hours watching his 2009 Sherlock Holmes 'revival' with two competently witty actors personifying Holmes and Watson, Robert Downey, Jr and Jude Law!

What an absolute TRIP. London has never looked so filthy and grim thanks to the 'denatured' palette Ritchie employed to bring Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's relished characters to life. And with the story dealing with Britains' end of 19th century occult fascination, the machinations employed by the astute super sleuths is nothing short of fascinating.

And the robust and ultra discrete DTS~HD MA 5.1 soundtrack adds to the palpable kick to keep the action moving at its brisk pace.

Highly Recommended and the two disc set also includes a BD~V!

R.861fce9e1d0a6f863a0962c0beec401c

robert downey junior nu sherlock holmes 2 attache a un lit Image ...

You Can't Keep a good man down!

'Sherlock Holmes' Trailer - Sherlock Holmes (2009 Film) Image (6295508 ...

Sherlock Holmes - Sherlock Holmes (2009 Film) Image (11245822) - Fanpop

It could very well be a dirty part of the disc - even if it doesn't look dirty. I've struck many of these and have found that these methods work:

1. Give it a spray with window cleaner and a gentle wipe from the centre outwards with a clean microfibre cloth.

2. If that don't work, direct application of some dishwashing squirty soap and rubbing it around the disc, then a plunge in warm water to get it all off might do the trick. During this process, you may feel the disc become "grippier" on your thumb/fingers as your working them across the surface. If so, you've probably shifted the smeary fine gunge that seems to be applied at the factory or gets on the disc from the case (you may see it all over the inside of the case if you run your finger over it).

Once the disc is completely dry, give it another ripadeedoodaa and see how that goes. You may need to repeat the cleaning a few times. I've struck some bothersome discs at times but don't give up!
I tried that and the disc did get 'grippier' but still no luck. Given that it will not play properly on two uhd players and one uhd drive I am going to return the disc for an exchange or refund.

I tried that and the disc did get 'grippier' but still no luck. Given that it will not play properly on two uhd players and one uhd drive I am going to return the disc for an exchange or refund.
Dang, that's no good. If you can still get the exchange though, I'd go for it.

Wish they'd just have MKVs up for purchase and download like they do with music. Make things a WHOLE lot easier and cheaper for everyone.

Back