Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered the Dollars Trilogy and Kindergarten Cop. Thanks for the heads up!

Have You Got It Yet? - The Story of Syd Barrett and Pink Floyd​

Now streaming on Amazon Prime for three dollars.

The blu ray has 25 minutes of bonus material:

"The disc's supplemental material (HD; 25:38) is authored together, with chapter stops for the following sections:
  • Arnold Layne Live at the Royal Albert Hall 2006 with David Gilmour and David Bowie
  • Arnold Layne Live at the Barbican Center 2007 with Pink Floyd
  • Interview with Director Roddy Bogawa
  • Syd's Paintings
  • Syd's Lyrics
  • Director and Producer's Commentary is accessible under the Setup Menu.
Additionally a folded poster and DVD copy are included."

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Have...Barrett-and-Pink-Floyd-Blu-ray/362004/#Review

1721691560083.png

The Fall Guy 4K Blu-ray

Definitely aimed more at teens, but a fun watch. Disappointing sound mix, IMO, especially on the extended cut (which actually appears to be a rough cut/workprint).

Also, we're still doing 1080p bonus features with lossy audio? Come on.

Coming October 15th from Paramount Presents Alfred Hitchcock's TO CATCH A THIEF [Native UHD4K/HDR10/Dolby Vision/DTS HD~MA 5.1]

From the digital bits website:

Here’s a bit of excellent news that some of you may have seen when I first broke it on our own social media feeds yesterday: I’ve officially confirmed that Paramount’s new 4K Ultra HD release of Alfred Hitchcock’s To Catch a Thief (1955), which is due on 10/15 (you can see the cover artwork below and pre-order it here) is sourced from the same 4K scan as the 2020 Paramount Presents BD release, but is in fact an all-new, painstaking digital restoration that offers corrected aspect ratio, massive corrections throughout the HDR grade, and that is “worlds apart” from the Blu-ray in terms of image quality. You can preview this restoration now in 4K Digital on Apple and Kaleidescape.

61l8xXPglBL._SL1024_.jpg

Coming October 15th from Paramount Presents Alfred Hitchcock's TO CATCH A THIEF [Native UHD4K/HDR10/Dolby Vision/DTS HD~MA 5.1]

Here’s a bit of excellent news that some of you may have seen when I first broke it on our own social media feeds yesterday: I’ve officially confirmed that Paramount’s new 4K Ultra HD release of Alfred Hitchcock’s To Catch a Thief (1955), which is due on 10/15 (you can see the cover artwork below and pre-order it here) is sourced from the same 4K scan as the 2020 Paramount Presents BD release, but is in fact an all-new, painstaking digital restoration that offers corrected aspect ratio, massive corrections throughout the HDR grade, and that is “worlds apart” from the Blu-ray in terms of image quality. You can preview this restoration now in 4K Digital on Apple and Kaleidescape.

61l8xXPglBL._SL1024_.jpg

61l8xXPglBL._SL1024_.jpg
Good news

61l8xXPglBL._SL1024_.jpg
Good news but I am still perplexed there is no 4K yet of North by Northwest

There's some 'chatter' over at the Home Theater Forum of a possible December 2024 release of Hitchcock's North by Northwest in 4K:

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/north-by-northwest-4k-uhd-bluray.382535/

I always loved the scenes on the fake Mt. Rushmore. The NPS told Hitchcock that there would be no filming of action scenes on the real monument. Some tidbits about it:

https://dancinglady39.wordpress.com/2013/08/12/north-by-northwest-and-mount-rushmore/

Just finished watching the new 4K of Twister. I got the Steelbook, not because I’m a super fan but because they only announced the steelbook before finally putting out a standard case one, and GRUV had it for a special $25 pre-order.

The film has been re-worked with an Atmos showcase. Run, do not walk to go get this disc. The only thing putting it off from being a truly perfect release is the use of HDR10 instead of Dolby Vision. Fantastic transfer, fantastic film (goes without saying), and jaw dropping Atmos mix.
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Twister-4K-Blu-ray/361277/#Review
I just watched my copy of 4k Twister last night.
WOW! The Atmos soundtrack during the various tornados is incredibly intense and powerful - sound coming from everywhere!
Also has a very good 4K transfer.
A must buy if you are a fan of this movie.

Last edited:
Perusing AmazonUS I came across this offering from Japan: A fully restored version 4K remastered in 1080p of Walt Disney's 1946 Classic SONG OF THE SOUTH ....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0D5PS6RH...movies-tv&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWwy

In another web search I came across this painstaking fan based 1080p 2K restoration of SONG OF THE SOUTH:

I wonder is the SPANISH (from España) one is the same transfer...I'd prefer it with the Castellano language, they always did a great job..it also has the English one...
https://www.amazon.com/Song-South-B...a3-95ed-0dcf4bdd548e&pd_rd_i=B09BDXRLNB&psc=1

Perusing AmazonUS I came across this offering from Japan: A fully restored version 4K remastered in 1080p of Walt Disney's 1946 Classic SONG OF THE SOUTH ....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0D5PS6RH...movies-tv&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWwy

In another web search I came across this painstaking fan based 1080p 2K restoration of SONG OF THE SOUTH:

I remember enjoying this movie when I was a kid. Of course, this was before Disney cancelled it. Speaking as a black American, I don’t recall me or anyone else I know being offended by the portrayal of Uncle Remus.

Back