Jethro Tull 5.1 (“Bursting Out” box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in June 2024!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a way, we've been lucky. Wouldn't you longtime fans love to have the chance to discover their music again with fresh ears?
Some of the stuff in these releases does that, not to mention the excellent Wilson mixes. These Tull releases are the gold standard for reissue programs. I don't care that they aren't Atmos, nor that they are only DTS. The bonus material is worthy and the overall packages are genus.

In a Monty Python movie, you guys could be burned as witches.

My first exposure to Tull (other than occasionally on the radio) was from a teen friend. We would borrow each others albums we didn't own to listen to new stuff. One day, in the swap pile was a copy of Aqualung and a copy of Thick As a Brick. When I gave them back to my friend, I had to go buy new copies for myself. And I'm still in the same Tull rabbit hole to this day.
Wow weeeeee agreeeeee! Buffalo radio playing Rainbow Blues helped me stay on the Tull track.

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/jethro-tull-where-to-start.1202774/#post-34566140

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thre...y-radio-stations.1202701/page-3#post-34566117

Some of the stuff in these releases does that, not to mention the excellent Wilson mixes. These Tull releases are the gold standard for reissue programs. I don't care that they aren't Atmos, nor that they are only DTS. The bonus material is worthy and the overall packages are genus.
I can only repeat that I asked for Blu-ray and was told that DTS is good enough for music of this time period. Believe. ;)

My fun fact: :D
I caught a glitch on the Benefit remixes before production that all involved thought was a drumstick click. It was fixed.
My fun fact with this: I was asked if I'd happen to have the complete 1970 Chicago concert and in better quality than what was circulating .... and I had! In this secret folder on a hard disk, "not to share and never even talk about it!!" ;-)

Funny that I was asked if I could get maybe my hands on the original reel for a new transfer, as the azimuth wasn't proper set-up for the (20 years old) transfer that I had. I could locate the tape through a 20+ years old aol e-mail address contact "[email protected]" with a quite common name. Chances that the person was still reachable through this was 1 to a zillion, but .... it worked! What a thriller! :)

Love Ian's dry, oh-so-British sense of humour:
"So, hope you enjoy it; I'm certainly going to enjoy putting it back in my bookcase again, because I don't play this kind of stuff". :p
Reaching for Broadsword to get back on track, let me agree with Ian. Not essential Tull.

I'm sure it would tickle IA to no end to hear that. :LOL: Normally I'm not a fan of live music without film or video, but I'm definitely looking forward to hearing the new mixes.

Back