SPOTLIGHT Joni Mitchell The Asylum Albums (1972-1975) (Quadio Boxed Set)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I received my Joni Mitchell set today. I noticed the senders address:. So is Joni sending these out of her house or office....or uhhh????

20240607_160621.jpg

So I received my Joni Mitchell set today. I noticed the senders address:. So is Joni sending these out of her house or office....or uhhh????
As we’re all aware, Gnarlywood needs all the help it can get to ensure packages make it out the door.

Kudos to Joni for lending a hand and taking some of the load off GW.

I’m sure she’ll be an inspiration to other artists and I look forward to Steve Howe personally sending out my upcoming Fragile Atmos set.

Mine arrived today, listening to For the Roses now, on Atmos down to True HD on my 5.1 system. Wonderful sounding isn't it :).

Weird delivery process to the UK. Got shipped notice last Friday, this morning got an e-mail saying that, due to unforeseen circumstances it hadn't been shipped yet. This afternoon it was delivered by Hermes courier 🤔😂:LB. No senders address, or any paperwork at all in the packaging, and no charges to pay. Happy early father's day to Colsky 🥃.

Seeing there's no other place to post this news, the stereo (so NOT Quadio) new Asylum box set from 1976-1980 has started shipping from ImportCds. It contains 5 CDs:

HEJIRA (1976), DON JUAN’S RECKLESS DAUGHTER (1977), MINGUS (1979), and the 2CD live album SHADOWS AND LIGHT (1980)

As I said this is NOT a new Quadio release just the stereo CDs being shipped now (but maybe the Quadios are not far behind?) Here's a link for those who may have missed it:

Joni's Asylum Albums 1976-1980

Seeing there's no other place to post this news, the stereo (so NOT Quadio) new Asylum box set from 1976-1980 has started shipping from ImportCds. It contains 5 CDs:

HEJIRA (1976), DON JUAN’S RECKLESS DAUGHTER (1977), MINGUS (1979), and the 2CD live album SHADOWS AND LIGHT (1980)

As I said this is NOT a new Quadio release just the stereo CDs being shipped now (but maybe the Quadios are not far behind?) Here's a link for those who may have missed it:

Joni's Asylum Albums 1976-1980
I believe Steve has said there are currently no plans for another Joni Quadio box. Here's hoping that changes.

Yeah, I'm sure she's busy as hell, lending a hand down at Gnarlywood packing up, labeling and shipping out these little beauties to us folks :)

I believe Steve has said there are currently no plans for another Joni Quadio box. Here's hoping that changes.
Understandable, given that there were no quad releases of any of those albums in the 70s. Did Steve also rule out streaming Atmos mixes of these albums though? That would certainly be better than nothing...

Understandable, given that there were no quad releases of any of those albums in the 70s. Did Steve also rule out streaming Atmos mixes of these albums though? That would certainly be better than nothing...
Apparently there's some chatter on a different site about that possibility. I can't speak to its veracity, though. (I'm referencing this post.)

It would all start with the mixes being done obviously. The question is what exactly was mixed in atmos at those sessions two years ago and what if anything has been done since. To me it's crazy to think they'd stop with only the first four.

Back