Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can’t find anything by searching. Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell showed up for me in Dolby Audio - I took a listen to “Paradise” and it sounds to me like they found an alternate take of Ellen Foley’s vocals and have remixed it. I haven’t done much critical listening or comparison, but it’s definitely a different mix than the SACD.
wow!! what a discovery that would be!! 🤯

amazing -- and wonderful!! 🙏🤩

just fwiw there's a dedicated Dolby Audio thread, we're in the Atmos thread at the min., might get a better response in that thread idk? 🙂

The notes in the booklet say that the vocals had to be redone because the original tape was lost in a fire as I remember. The vocals were redone by Karla DeVito.
Edit - I'm dumb - it's the same track from the SACD - the artist name for the specific track still says "Ellen Foley" and I hadn't heard the SACD re-recorded vocals in awhile. I guess Karla was the right choice for that job! 😆

Sorry bout that.

Last edited:
Edit - I'm dumb - it's the same track from the SACD - the artist name for the specific track still says "Ellen Foley" and I hadn't heard the SACD re-recorded vocals in awhile. I guess Karla was the right choice for that job! 😆

Sorry bout that.
ah you're not dumb at all.! 👍
i truly feel it's better for us all to report anything we find anytime even if we are not totally sure and that way we can all look into it together and see what the general consensus and feedback is 🙏 its all good! 🙂

The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
Finally.
In my opinion a total triumph.

Makes similar psychedelic adventures such as Dukes of Stratosphere (XTC’s)- Psurroundabout Ride now sound vanilla in comparison.

Every track demo worthy IMO- especially if you have an extensive height/ceiling array of speakers.

In my opinion a total triumph.

Makes similar psychedelic adventures such as Dukes of Stratosphere (XTC’s)- Psurroundabout Ride now sound vanilla in comparison.

Every track demo worthy IMO- especially if you have an extensive height/ceiling array of speakers.
wow wow wow!! 🤯

do we know who mixed it in Atmos?

Back