Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets keep it rolling.
Hiromi-Brain
5.1 Hybrid SACD.
DSD64-DSF file DR's are 14's, 15, 16's, 18.
After this I have to buy more?
R-4359603-1514920043-7792.jpg

From HRAudio.net ....two pages of HIROMI SACDs ...some multichannel and some from UMG Japan [SHM~SACD stereo only]

https://www.hraudio.net/search.php?format=1&keywords=hiromi&page=2
Hiromi Uehara is the pianist in discussion right now, and this page brings up other unrelated artists like Hiromi Iwasaki. Those 2-3 pages are likely due to the fact that Hiromi Iwasaki has like 20 or 30 of her albums issued as flat transfers on SACD.

As far as I'm aware, Hiromi Uehara has 13 SACDs, 6 of those being surround.

Hiromi Uehara is the pianist in discussion right now, and this page brings up other unrelated artists like Hiromi Iwasaki. Those 2-3 pages are likely due to the fact that Hiromi Iwasaki has like 20 or 30 of her albums issued as flat transfers on SACD.

As you posted this I already added UEHARA to my post .....and you will find her listed on pages 2 and 3 of that link!

Lets keep it rolling.
Hiromi-Brain
5.1 Hybrid SACD.
DSD64-DSF file DR's are 14's, 15, 16's, 18.
After this I have to buy more?
View attachment 99936
This one is my favorite of the bunch.

The first track will give your subs a pretty good work out, cumulating with the final track demonstrating your speaker's ability to reveal the beauty of the source material.

This one is my favorite of the bunch.

The first track will give your subs a pretty good work out, cumulating with the final track demonstrating your speaker's ability to reveal the beauty of the source material.
Subs....workout...?? Now I'm getting excited to get that 2nd sub hooked up. It's arriving tomorrow.....and I'll be southern Michigan on business. Ughhhhhhh

I've got the six surround discs...two of The Trio Project stereo discs.

I've had pretty good luck on Discogs...not that I've ordered many.
Yeah, it is probably the best source out there, especially for those early 1980's CD's before they where remade and crushed by compression.
As an experiment I bought some original The Marshall Tucker Band CD's and so much superior than my 2000's remastered versions.
If I was smart I would have never gotten rid of all my original CD's at various garage sales over the years.

Man, these are expensive on Amazon, the 4 that I am missing.
I could get them on Discogs, I do find myself lazy on Discogs as you have to through different vendors, shipping, etc
I came to the SACD party late myself, Markie but when Telarc was selling out their remaining inventory of Multi~CH SACDs I went hog wild and ordered almost everything they had to offer ...with NO regrets, whatsoever. On my new system they're sounding better than ever!

This, in particular, sounds AMAZING

R.2bc116cd3dcb0b293dfda1d5a1968194

https://www.hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=1469#tracks

Last edited:
Back