Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOVING your deep dive and all the links for your recoRAMdations! Keep 'em coming! Stay Surrounded, Comrade!
Especially when you're hearing things you never heard before. I was joking with my very talented builder that I need a HIGH RISE in my backyard just to store my thousands of discs ..... which are quite literally all over the house!

GOING UP.....LOL!

Mary Fahl - Can't Get It Out Of My Head (Blu Ray 5.1)
There is just something about Mary's voice...
NjYtMjc1NS5qcGVn.jpeg

Erich Kunzel conducting the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra ROUND~UP [Telarc/Multi~CH SACD 5.0] In 1962, prolific Boston Pops Conductor Arthur Fiedler released a wonderfully nostaglic Living Stereo program of Old Western Themes which to this day I hold in high esteem. Fast forward to 2006, when TELARC released this DDD sonic marvel of Erich Kunzel's tribute to the Old West replete with startling discrete sound effects and updated movie themes and vocal renderings of classic mainstays from western lore like Red River Valley, Shenandoah, Streets of Laredo et alia in stunning sonics. On one track, you're seated amidst a crackling campfire with distant howling coyotes and the effect is haunting to say the least. Highly Recommended!

https://www.discogs.com/release/5788380-Erich-Kunzel-Cincinnati-Pops-Orchestra-Round-Up
Primary

THEN .......

Primary

And NOW!

Last edited:
Miles Davis IN A SILENT WAY [Columbia/Multi~CH SACD 5.1] with Tony Williams on drums, John McLaughlin electric guitar, Electric Piano: Chick Corea and Herbie Hancock, Joe Zawinul on Organ, Dave Holland Double Bass and Wayne Shorter Soprano Saxophone. As discrete as they come. Very Highly Recommended!

R.fa066c867ec684fc2034bd9ab420f645

Last edited:
Back