May '24 "mind blowing" box guessing

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of the several artists being mentioned in the last several posts above, only Carly (very possible) and The Eagles (very improbable) would blow my mind.

The others, meh.
Since NONE of Carly's albums have been issued in the current crop of QUADIO releases I think it's a safe bet to assume that the box set will be Simon!

AFAIK, Joni Mitchell's QUAD output will be 'refurbished' with Dolby ATMOS REMIXES in the very near future! I know she was very impressed by what she heard in the studio when presented with new ATMOS remixes of her older albums.

Since NONE of Carly's albums have been issued in the current crop of QUADIO releases I think it's a safe bet to assume that the box set will be Simon!

AFAIK, Joni Mitchell's QUAD output will be 'refurbished' with Dolby ATMOS REMIXES in the very near future! I know she was very impressed by what she heard in the studio when presented with new ATMOS remixes of her older albums.
I wish you were correct.

According to @quicksrt , the upcoming mind blowing release is definitely not Carly...

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-coming-in-may-2024.35619/page-25#post-770489

1712871276964.png

I assume everyone knows more than I do at this website, so I took his word,.

Do some quad mixing boards still exist and are in working condition?
But then again mixing in a DAW is so much easier.

I think you already answered your own question. Any mixing work done these days would be in a DAW.
A quad mixing board (over a stereo board) added more signal bussing, monitoring capabilities and potentially joysticks for positioning instruments / vocals.

I wish you were correct.

According to @quicksrt , the upcoming mind blowing release is definitely not Carly...

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-coming-in-may-2024.35619/page-25#post-770489

View attachment 104340

What may NOT be 'mind blowing' to Quicksrt may be 'mind blowing' to others, The only other artists who have 4 or more QUAD titles are Seals and Crofts and Summer Breeze is being released in May as a QUADIO title.

So unless RHINO is releasing a box set of VARIOUS ROCK artists [doubtful] I still think Carly is in the running!

A few years ago, I proposed to RHINO that they release a box set of Various Artists and they flatly stated that it was not feasible .... unless their stance on that has changed!

What may NOT be 'mind blowing' to Quicksrt may be 'mind blowing' to others, The only other artists who have 4 or more QUAD titles are Seals and Crofts and Summer Breeze is being released in May as a QUADIO title.

So unless RHINO is releasing a box set of VARIOUS ROCK artists [doubtful] I still think Carly is in the running!

A few years ago, I proposed to RHINO that they release a box set of Various Artists and they flatly stated that it was not feasible .... unless their stance on that has changed!
I took it that @quicksrt had some inside knowledge of the release. Maybe that's wrong though.

Very true!
I took it that @quicksrt had some inside knowledge of the release. Maybe that's wrong though.
Could be wrong, yes.

But don't think so.

Very true!

Could be wrong, yes.

But don't think so.
So it's all speculation? Well, unless foraging rhino produces a tangible 'clue' I guess we'll know in a week or two since it will be released by month's end!

And could it possibly be a box set from the GRUNT labels: Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship and perhaps Papa John Creach's wonderful solo album?

Last edited:
I wish you were correct.

View attachment 104340

A little birdie did not land on my shoulder and tell me what's up. I put together info stuff I have read in the press and interviews, and a bit of (true) inside info on what Rhino has been working on and figure that the project must be about ready to release now.

So it's all speculation? Well, unless foraging rhino produces a tangible 'clue' I guess we'll know in a week or two since it will be released by month's end!

And could it possibly be a box set from the GRUNT labels: Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship and perhaps Papa John Creach's wonderful solo album?

I don't think so, mainly because they released one Jefferson Starship solo already. I think they would have held that one back

I'm to the point that I don't care anymore. When it's announced my mind will either be blown or it won't. I will react accordingly.

With all the other stuff coming out (especially Trower which did BLOW MY MIND) I'm kind of tired of all the guessing games. I get that it's fun for a lot of folks and I enjoy it too, up to a certain point, but with 10 quadio threads and multiple conversations going on, and hints getting released in any and all of those threads, it gets to be more like work and less like fun keeping track of it all. And from a lot of the comments I see, it doesn't look like many have done a much better job than I have in tracking it all.

I'm to the point that I don't care anymore. When it's announced my mind will either be blown or it won't. I will react accordingly.

With all the other stuff coming out (especially Trower which did BLOW MY MIND) I'm kind of tired of all the guessing games. I get that it's fun for a lot of folks and I enjoy it too, up to a certain point, but with 10 quadio threads and multiple conversations going on, and hints getting released in any and all of those threads, it gets to be more like work and less like fun keeping track of it all. And from a lot of the comments I see, it doesn't look like many have done a much better job than I have in tracking it all.
I'd suggest unwatching the thread, then. I don't mean it in a rude way. I too get fatigued of this stuff sometimes.

The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to feel like its going to be Jefferson Whatever. The fact that it was a single Quadio release previously certainly does not preclude it from still getting a box release. And being on Grunt (instead of the Warner group that everyone is focused on) would certainly throw everybody off. There was 6 titles in quad I believe. Perhaps there also is some unreleased titles to add to the set.

After not yet even hearing the Doobies in quad, you decided the set was not worth it?
As I mentioned, the vast majority of my listening is in stereo (yes, I’m in the minority here), so that’s what I’m buying these sets for, and this one is rather mediocre IMO.
I’ll play them eventually in quad and hopefully that will alter my overall opinion a little bit, but from a 2 channel standpoint my go to versions will be the MoFi SACDs

My two cents....

It's probably Carly Simon. But, I hate to say it.... that wouldn't blow my mind.

The optimist in me is hoping for the Eagles. Maybe if Hell Freezes over.....

The only set that would interest me is Joni, but that needs to happen so badly that it just *has* to be it. I am dreaming of a set with vintage quad, new 5.1 and Atmos mixes for all the albums from Blue through Don Juan’s Reckless Daughter. That would be mind-blowing.
THAT would be outstanding and an instant smash of the Buy button.

And it would indeed be MIND BLOWING if RHINO decided to unleash ALL their Classical QUAD titles in a massive Quadio BOX SET!

The QQ readership, save for a very few, would go into convulsions hurling poisoned darts at a large circular RHINO bullseye!

PERISH THE THOUGHT as the mantra here at QQ Forum: If it ain't Rock 'n Roll .....It ain't MUSIC!

And it would indeed be MIND BLOWING if RHINO decided to unleash ALL their Classical QUAD titles in a massive Quadio BOX SET!

The QQ readership, save for a very few, would go into convulsions hurling poisoned darts at a large circular RHINO bullseye!

PERISH THE THOUGHT as the mantra here at QQ Forum: If it ain't Rock 'n Roll .....It ain't MUSIC!
I'm starting to convulse already...

Back