Rhino Quadio Batch 5 for August 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the R2R, and I created a 5.1 upmix of it that turned out great. I like the original R2R quad mix too , but a Blu-ray will always sound better than a ripped R2R.
Not familiar with the term "R2R" what is the meaning ?

Let’s poke the bear. These will be the next batch to be transferred in the near future:
Would love BARK, since it's on GRUNT maybe a chance but from what everyone says no hope for Worst or Volunteers. Have them both on reel to reel Quad.

You just answered your own question 😉
LMAO. Well at least I got Volunteers and Worst of, on R2R, see I'm a quick learner. Quess I'll just have to dig these out.

Attachments

• worst.jpg
    worst.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 0
  • volunteers Quadrophonic.jpg
    volunteers Quadrophonic.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 0
Maria did “Midnight At The Oasis,” the hit single from “Waitress…”

Actually, "Midnight at the Oasis" is not on "Waitress in a Donut Shop", but it's on her first album which was not released in quad. The "Waitress" album qualifies for the "Quad Album released AFTER the hit album" category that hindered many an artist in the '70s

Actually, "Midnight at the Oasis" is not on "Waitress in a Donut Shop", but it's on her first album which was not released in quad. The "Waitress" album qualifies for the "Quad Album released AFTER the hit album" category that hindered many an artist in the '70s
Too bad. The first album was much, much better.

Is it too early to begin talking about these?
Because here's the thing. I kinda want those who ordered batch 4 enjoy them, digest them... or at least receive them, shipping notices be damned!

We have 4 more, currently slated for early August. Another diverse assortment of not-previously reissued Quads!

Anyway, starting a thread. Let's go!
Steve, let ‘er rip as far as I’m concerned. On a side note, Bundle#3 arrived in record time while Bundle#4 is indefinitely delayed. Major bummer!

She was asked permission to release the Quads on several occasion which she declined every single time.
Probably a better tactic to persuade A.J. He's a big proponent of his dad's work (and an incredible artist in his own right).

Gandharva. Last of the Brooklyn Cowboys. Waitress in a Donut Shop. New Orleans Suite. That's my dream bundle.
Great suggestions. I have been wishing for Last of the Brooklyn Cowboy and Waitress in a Donut Shop for many years. I'm also an aging quadie, started in the 70's. I have those on CD-4, regrettably I haven't had CD-4 in a couple of decades. Those are two of the best mixed quads of all time. I'm hoping for a miracle.

Great suggestions. I have been wishing for Last of the Brooklyn Cowboy and Waitress in a Donut Shop for many years. I'm also an aging quadie, started in the 70's. I have those on CD-4, regrettably I haven't had CD-4 in a couple of decades. Those are two of the best mixed quads of all time. I'm hoping for a miracle.
Me, too, and I have them on quad reels as well -- a much friendlier format than CD-R. When Maria played at Indianapolis's Jazz Kitchen some years ago, I brought the quad reel of Waitress for her to sign. She was shocked to see it, having no idea such a thing existed.

Ah, Warner Bros. Records in the seventies ... relying on its cash cows to underwrite so many great, commercially questionable artists!

Back