Ricky's Audio Video Barn Build Project

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, Im not quite sure how I am going to accessorize the barn. Im prolly going to wait til the project is done. Learn to breathe again, see if there is any money left - and then Ill tackle. The one thing that is perplexing me - I want to show a lot of the physical media that I own on one wall - kind of like when you walk in to a record store. But what I want to show are the many box sets that I have. How do I do this ? Slatwall ? Any suggestions ? And some of those sets are big and heavy - i.e Rush Hemispheres ( S Wilson ) etc. Any thoughts or suggestions ?
If you’re willing to saw plywood, I made shelves for my LP collection to sit on the side of my room. Details are in my build thread, accessible through my signature. I’m especially pleased with the LED lighting I used so I can actually read the spines. You can see a few box sets on the shelves.

It’s worth noting that I made one set of shelves taller to accommodate the larger clamshells housing the Franklin Mint records on the bottom shelf. That’s one of the advantages of making your own furniture.

One of the best ballad lines ever written;
"And all that remains are the faces and the names of the wives and the sons and the daughters"
I miss Gordon Lightfoot!
That song is full of memorable lines. It really rose above most other ballads with regards to lyrics. It's one of those songs that I will never skip or change the channel if it comes on. I am always happy to hear it. In fact.... I think I will put it on right now.

ottoganmanure.jpg

there are farms all around us. there is a really big one about a 1/2 mile down the road. dairy. they use this spreader to spread the liquified manure in the fields. the smells of my childhood !!
In the early 1960s, I went to a junior high school about two blocks from a dairy farm. When the wind was wrong, well, I’m sure you know.

The school is still there, but mid-town Anaheim, CA has no agriculture any more. Meridian, ID does, though.

I was traveling in Germany and passed by a field in the Wurzburg region that was being fertilized with liquified manure (probably growing sugar beets I was told) and it was a horrible smell. But I suppose it's the same wherever you find it.
When I worked for Mobil Chemical, we were doing (phosphate) prospect drilling on a dairy once and had to wade in the runoff stream from the dairy, I guess where they hosed everything out. I was glad to finish that area!

My wife, our resident gardener, sometimes sends me off to the home center for Black Kow Composted Cow Manure. The ride home is always with all of the windows down, the sunroof open, and the car blower on full blast.

It is really some expensive shit at $40 for 35 lbs! :eek:
The only place local that sells it, that I know of, is Lowes, and they only sell in 0.5 cubic ft bags. No idea what the weight is but surely not 35 lbs.
But this is a sparsely populated area. WalMart and Lowes, Tractor Supply, Ag Pro, Kubota dealer, and near the interstate a butt load of fast food joints.

I had a compost area for decades, made of concrete block, but I tore it apart the other day as I got tired of shuffling veggie parts out to it in so-called "biodegradable bags". What a joke those turned out to be.

My wife, our resident gardener, sometimes sends me off to the home center for Black Kow Composted Cow Manure. The ride home is always with all of the windows down, the sunroof open, and the car blower on full blast.

It is really some expensive shit at $40 for 35 lbs! :eek:
Because it's probably from Brown Cows which produce Chocolate Milk, AR!

"How NOW, BROWN Cow?"

Back