Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually wouldn't mention this on the open forum, but my head is ready to explode. I recently purchased 7 speakers from Best Buy. The center channel was supposed to delivered today and the other 6 on Thursday. I wasn't in a hurry to get them and the only day I wouldn't be home is on Friday. I made that clear to the salesperson. So he set it up. Today I got the center channel, as scheduled from a local delivery company. Thursday I was scheduled to get the other 6. So I get a text showing UPS is going to deliver 2 pairs of the speakers and Fed Ex one pair, all on Thursday. So hours later I get a text saying that the UPS shipment is delayed and will be here on Friday, THE ONLY DAY I WON'T BE HOME. So I figured it would be no problem to contact UPS and change the delivery date. I didn't want to sign up for ANOTHER ACCOUNT, but I was forced to do so to change the date. It stated that the account was free and I could change my delivery date. So I signed up and attempted to change the date, which I could if I paid $9.99.

So I thought that must be a mistake and used the internet assistant and typed out my problem. It wasn't, so I asked to speak to a rep on the phone. So I get the call and talk to the rep thinking this must be a misunderstanding, but again I was wrong and shocked. I asked the woman why I had to pay for a UPS delay? I asked why UPS should be rewarded for their poor performance. She said that is the policy. I asked her if she thought it was wrong to charge someone because the company failed to meet their own standards. I can understand why something is late, but to be charged for this is mind boggling. All I got was silence.

I don't think the other shoe has dropped yet. Due to the holiday, I fully expect Fed Ex to follow suit and notify me of a delivery date change.

So I will go to Best Buy tomorrow and speak to the manager and see if he can help, but I doubt he can as the delivery agents have the merchandise. I don't blame BEST BUY as they had to go to different geographic regions to get the speakers. So while I am getting a medical procedure my speakers will be sitting in 93 degree heat.

Last edited:
so, as we all bake on this Fourth, here is a pic from my yard --Christmas Blizzard 2022- to cool you off ? BTW - we had 52" of snow in 72 hours

blizzardtree.jpeg

wife took this pic at my dad's house on Saturday. Its not a Monarch.

View attachment 93475
No, that’s not a monarch. This year, we seem to have a decent population of swallowtails in the back yard. I believe I saw a monarch flying through the yard a couple of days ago, but it didn’t land, so I can’t be sure.

No, that’s not a monarch. This year, we seem to have a decent population of swallowtails in the back yard. I believe I saw a monarch flying through the yard a couple of days ago, but it didn’t land, so I can’t be sure.
A lot of swallowtails this year, monarchs just starting to show up. We have a patch of milk weed plants for them. Last years image

Attachments

• _05A2069.jpg
    _05A2069.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 0
I usually wouldn't mention this on the open forum, but my head is ready to explode. I recently purchased 7 speakers from Best Buy. The center channel was supposed to delivered today and the other 6 on Thursday. I wasn't in a hurry to get them and the only day I wouldn't be home is on Friday. I made that clear to the salesperson. So he set it up. Today I got the center channel, as scheduled from a local delivery company. Thursday I was scheduled to get the other 6. So I get a text showing UPS is going to deliver 2 pairs of the speakers and Fed Ex one pair, all on Thursday. So hours later I get a text saying that the UPS shipment is delayed and will be here on Friday, THE ONLY DAY I WON'T BE HOME. So I figured it would be no problem to contact UPS and change the delivery date. I didn't want to sign up for ANOTHER ACCOUNT, but I was forced to do so to change the date. It stated that the account was free and I could change my delivery date. So I signed up and attempted to change the date, which I could if I paid $9.99.

So I thought that must be a mistake and used the internet assistant and typed out my problem. It wasn't, so I asked to speak to a rep on the phone. So I get the call and talk to the rep thinking this must be a misunderstanding, but again I was wrong and shocked. I asked the woman why I had to pay for a UPS delay? I asked why UPS should be rewarded for their poor performance. She said that is the policy. I asked her if she thought it was wrong to charge someone because the company failed to meet their own standards. I can understand why something is late, but to be charged for this is mind boggling. All I got was silence.

I don't think the other shoe has dropped yet. Due to the holiday, I fully expect Fed Ex to follow suit and notify me of a delivery date change.

So I will go to Best Buy tomorrow and speak to the manager and see if he can help, but I doubt he can as the delivery agents have the merchandise. I don't blame BEST BUY as they had to go to different geographic regions to get the speakers. So while I am getting a medical procedure my speakers will be sitting in 93 degree heat.
UPS (pronounced "oops").

247 yrs later, she still has breath in her lungs.
Each inhale, a sacrifice from those who have given their lives so that she may be.
She’s been beaten, abused, manipulated, & betrayed.
Many clawing at the document She wraps Herself in, knowing if this can be destroyed, she’ll cease to survive.
She’s defended by those who know the significance of her existence.
I love Her.
I pray for Her.
I ask God for just a little while longer with Her.
May she continue to inspire.
Happy Birthday America…

Attachments

• f17b65f1d44d9426.jpg
    f17b65f1d44d9426.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 0
So I figured it would be no problem to contact UPS and change the delivery date. I didn't want to sign up for ANOTHER ACCOUNT, but I was forced to do so to change the date. It stated that the account was free and I could change my delivery date. So I signed up and attempted to change the date, which I could if I paid $9.99.

So I thought that must be a mistake and used the internet assistant and typed out my problem. It wasn't, so I asked to speak to a rep on the phone. So I get the call and talk to the rep thinking this must be a misunderstanding, but again I was wrong and shocked.
Yeah, UPS is the only major shipping company that charges for delivery changes. But is this really worth all this ire? What's $10 compared to what you spent on the whole system? Just swallow your pride and pay up for the peace of mind.

Well there is this Anni-Frid of Abba was fathered by a German soldier during the war. Her grandmother had to take her to Sweden to live because of the anti German feeling in her small town in Norway.
So you you wonder how welcome some of those soldiers would have been.

Back