Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually wouldn't mention this on the open forum, but my head is ready to explode. I recently purchased 7 speakers from Best Buy. The center channel was supposed to delivered today and the other 6 on Thursday. I wasn't in a hurry to get them and the only day I wouldn't be home is on Friday. I made that clear to the salesperson. So he set it up. Today I got the center channel, as scheduled from a local delivery company. Thursday I was scheduled to get the other 6. So I get a text showing UPS is going to deliver 2 pairs of the speakers and Fed Ex one pair, all on Thursday. So hours later I get a text saying that the UPS shipment is delayed and will be here on Friday, THE ONLY DAY I WON'T BE HOME. So I figured it would be no problem to contact UPS and change the delivery date. I didn't want to sign up for ANOTHER ACCOUNT, but I was forced to do so to change the date. It stated that the account was free and I could change my delivery date. So I signed up and attempted to change the date, which I could if I paid $9.99.

So I thought that must be a mistake and used the internet assistant and typed out my problem. It wasn't, so I asked to speak to a rep on the phone. So I get the call and talk to the rep thinking this must be a misunderstanding, but again I was wrong and shocked. I asked the woman why I had to pay for a UPS delay? I asked why UPS should be rewarded for their poor performance. She said that is the policy. I asked her if she thought it was wrong to charge someone because the company failed to meet their own standards. I can understand why something is late, but to be charged for this is mind boggling. All I got was silence.

I don't think the other shoe has dropped yet. Due to the holiday, I fully expect Fed Ex to follow suit and notify me of a delivery date change.

So I will go to Best Buy tomorrow and speak to the manager and see if he can help, but I doubt he can as the delivery agents have the merchandise. I don't blame BEST BUY as they had to go to different geographic regions to get the speakers. So while I am getting a medical procedure my speakers will be sitting in 93 degree heat.
Just an update on the "wacky world" of delivery companies...this goes to illustrate the state of Fed Ex ground delivery....they were supposed to deliver one pair of my speakers today....but late Tuesday I got a text saying they were going to arrive early...on Wednesday...so on Wednesday I got another text saying that they were delayed and now they weren't even going to be delivered on Thursday...SOMETIME BETWEEN FRIDAY AND SUNDAY....lol...I'm not even angry anymore...so it now looks like I might have 3 pairs of speakers arriving tomorrow when UPS stumbles in here to deliver their late delivery as well...and of course I probably won't be here tomorrow when they come and sit out in the 90+ heat...as I will be "enjoying" a colonoscopy and upper endoscopy in the surgery center...my only hope is that I don't dream of my speakers when they knock me out...

Speaking of Fed Ex ground again....yesterday I got a delivery from Monoprice...some speaker stands...I am living in a condo and they left them in the lobby...not at my door...as required...but when the driver filled out his report...he said he left it at my door...but the driver wasn't a mensa candidate...they are required to take a picture of the package....and he did...the picture showed my package leaning against an INTERIOR wall with a tile floor...clearly not outside my door

UPDATE....now Fed Ex says they will be here tomorrow...definitely...maybe...so now it looks like all 3 pairs of speakers will be united...and I probably won't be there when they come...

Last edited:
Good luck on your procedure Clint.
Lets hope the surgeons are better than Fed X at identifying the correct location....
It appears you haven't had your first colonoscopy yet:)...it is just a diagnostic test...not surgery but you have to be sedated...the upper endoscopy involves putting a long flexible tube with a camera attached down your throat...the medical term is esophagogastroduodenoscopy...basically the same with the other opening(anus)...stem to stern

It appears you haven't had your first colonoscopy yet:)...it is just a diagnostic test...not surgery but you have to be sedated...the upper endoscopy involves putting a long flexible tube with a camera attached down your throat...the medical term is esophagogastroduodenoscopy...basically the same with the other opening(anus)...stem to stern
Yup. I'm part of that club too. Every 3 years

200.gif
56cea4a2a56b58046b1f1c0f0b250ddb_w200.gif

I"m starting to drink it now...8oz every 15 minutes for 2 hours...ugh....then on the throne most of the nighto_O
Keep yourself hydrated...I know that sounds stupid, but don't ONLY drink the prescribed solution...have some Gatorade or Chicken Broth or something too...it helps. Of course, within the list of things you CAN have during the prep.

Keep yourself hydrated...I know that sounds stupid, but don't ONLY drink the prescribed solution...have some Gatorade or Chicken Broth or something too...it helps. Of course, within the list of things you CAN have during the prep.
I have some clear apple juice and I normally drink 60 oz of water every day...PLUS and I'm fasting today...so my Dr. gets a good look

For those of you who reacted to the quoted post with a :ROFLMAO: , please be advised that I am dead serious about my statement. Look, with certain songs like She Loves You, we don’t even need to listen to it three times in a row because they give us “yeah, yeah yeah” over and over and over…..
:ROFLMAO: Someone said are you serious? :ROFLMAO: I said to myself, sure, yeah, yeah, yeah...a serious guy. The Jets can do that. Soooooooooooooooo hot here the air conditioning is screaming for a break.

Just an update on the "wacky world" of delivery companies...this goes to illustrate the state of Fed Ex ground delivery....they were supposed to deliver one pair of my speakers today....but late Tuesday I got a text saying they were going to arrive early...on Wednesday...so on Wednesday I got another text saying that they were delayed and now they weren't even going to be delivered on Thursday...SOMETIME BETWEEN FRIDAY AND SUNDAY....lol...I'm not even angry anymore...so it now looks like I might have 3 pairs of speakers arriving tomorrow when UPS stumbles in here to deliver their late delivery as well...and of course I probably won't be here tomorrow when they come and sit out in the 90+ heat...as I will be "enjoying" a colonoscopy and upper endoscopy in the surgery center...my only hope is that I don't dream of my speakers when they knock me out...

Speaking of Fed Ex ground again....yesterday I got a delivery from Monoprice...some speaker stands...I am living in a condo and they left them in the lobby...not at my door...as required...but when the driver filled out his report...he said he left it at my door...but the driver wasn't a mensa candidate...they are required to take a picture of the package....and he did...the picture showed my package leaning against an INTERIOR wall with a tile floor...clearly not outside my door

UPDATE....now Fed Ex says they will be here tomorrow...definitely...maybe...so now it looks like all 3 pairs of speakers will be united...and I probably won't be there when they come...
Last minute update before I leave for my procedure...My UPS order with 2 pairs of speakers made it here and 5 minutes after that Fed Ex ground came with the other pair...they almost ran into each other!:):QQloveI hope I haven't used up all my luck for today:)

Back