Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't realize it until I exported that I had put TOO much dynamic range between two tracks...one was meant to be quiet and the other loud, but there ended up being a ear-shattering 15db difference. YIKES! That's been mitigated now...after I hurt my ears.

On a side note, has anyone else suddenly been getting lots of thunderstorms here in the US? I mean, I understand that the hotter the day in summer, the more likely the rain, but like it's a LOT. Lightning is cool to see and hear, but many of my peers don't understand that it's DANGEROUS to be outside during a thunderstorm...antiquated thinking or not? I dunno.
When I first moved to Florida(back in the day)I was living in an apartment complex with mainly 20year old residents...it was great fun playing water volleyball and other outdoor activities...so one day after I just moved there we were playing water volleyball and we could hear thunder in the distance...suddenly I was alone in the pool.,in a split second the pool was empty...except me...one of them approached me and warned me to get out of the pool...the rain hadn't even started and it appeared far away...so I did...they told me that down in this area you don't wait around for a storm...you go indoors or under some protection...the very next day I saw an article in the paper about a man getting hit by lightning...I guess that is why the hockey team is named THE LIGHTNING..

Just a reminder that tomorrow is Prime Day on Amazon
Thanks! I'll try and get up early to look for deals! Post any winners you see, if you have the time and inclination, of course!
Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 8.38.08 PM.png

I've already saved over $80...I have been getting discounts on things I order all the time....personal items like shoes...dental products...nothing exciting...but savings (y) and gaining more reward points too:)
I saw some 4K films that i already own . . . and some record cleaning products that i already own. I own too much!

I've already saved over $80...I have been getting discounts on things I order all the time....personal items like shoes...dental products...nothing exciting...but savings (y) and gaining more reward points too:)
My wife likes to say it's not how much you spend, it's how much you save. My POV is if something is on sale for $100 that normally cost $180, you haven't saved $80, you've simply spent $100. Color me cheapskate.

My wife likes to say it's not how much you spend, it's how much you save. My POV is if something is on sale for $100 that normally cost $180, you haven't saved $80, you've simply spent $100. Color me cheapskate.
In my case two of these items have been discontinued at the stores I bought them in....brick and mortar stores...it is hard for me to find a "tennis shoe" that I like that fits me comfortably...I do a lot of walking...the model I ordered is now discontinued from the line of products so I've been buying them when I see my size...they will soon disappear...I now have 7 new pairs to tide me over ...I also buy a special insert for the shoe and I'm stocking up on them up too...

It's not just saving money on the existing price point..BUT...it helps slow down the inflation train on everything we buy...shoes are only going to go up in the future..

Clint

Ive become a fan of Hoka shoes for walking hiking etc. I find them to be very comfortable and give good support.
Of course everyones feet are different and shoe lasts vary so you need to find what works for your feet which apparently you have.

As far as prime day they say you will get 6% points instead of 3 for orders today and tomorrow
So I reordered the Tull Broadsword set today and cancelled my earlier order still at same price.

Yikes about the UPS strike!
This will make amazon more attractive as they deliver themselves.....

Last edited:
Clint

Ive become a fan of Hoka shoes for walking hiking etc. I find them to be very comfortable and give good support.
Of course everyones feet are different and shoe lasts vary so you need to find what works for your feet which apparently you have.

As far as prime day they say you will get 6% points instead of 3 for orders today and tomorrow
So I reordered the Tull Broadsword set today and cancelled my earlier order still at same price.

Yikes about the UPS strike!
This will make amazon more attractive as they deliver themselves.....
Actually with Prime and the Amazon Store Card you get 5% on every purchase all the time

Back