Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I GOT INSPIRED THIS MORNING. (not in production)
Quad model tshirt.png

Oh, the decision between discreteness and a cohesive sound field in 5.1 is the toughest regular decision I have to make...sometimes we can have both, and sometimes we can't...

Neither...the closest one is 40 miles away and I'm not willing to drive there. Theatres around here are only serving as a point to watch movies first because everybody I know either streams or pirates. But the main issue around here is the severe miscalibration in most theatres...
However, one positive point I can finally say about yesterday's movie-going experience is that I felt the surround sound. Well. Only took 4 years. But the left main speaker was quieter than the rest of the speakers. 😭 Also, the volume wasn't ear-gratingly loud for once. Just normal volume. Methinks it was the sound mix for the film itself...because the ads almost blew my ears off!

Neither...the closest one is 40 miles away and I'm not willing to drive there. Theatres around here are only serving as a point to watch movies first because everybody I know either streams or pirates. But the main issue around here is the severe miscalibration in most theatres...
However, one positive point I can finally say about yesterday's movie-going experience is that I felt the surround sound. Well. Only took 4 years. But the left main speaker was quieter than the rest of the speakers. 😭 Also, the volume wasn't ear-gratingly loud for once. Just normal volume. Methinks it was the sound mix for the film itself...because the ads almost blew my ears off!

I wouldn't drive 40 miles see a movie either. Between this post & your earlier comments about the Mario movie, you've definitely got my curiosity up. May I ask what theater chain this is? Or do you live out in The Boonies & have only a independent theater to go to?

Most theaters here provide a uniformly satisfactory audio/visual experience. If yours does not maybe you should make them aware of the problems with a e mail to the right person. I did that once with the B&B chain here & not only did I receive a quick response but also a follow up e mail after my complaints were discussed in a meeting. Otherwise the owner just figures the public doesn't seem to know from good or bad.

back in a previous life of mine I was quite involved in the theater industry. I was on the front end of new theater construction and on the renovation side of things. I got to know quite a few owners and chains. Some owners / chains are strictly profit driven and do everything 'on the cheap'. Then there were other owners who had an intense passion for what they did and realized that going to a movie should be a grand experience. There were some Ma and Pa joints that were not scared to spend but - typically - the 2 screen theater in a small town just could not afford the 'bigtime' . It was the small and midsize chain players whom were typically family owned for generations that would spend to make sure it was a grand experience.

Back