Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clements Magic Basement.

Streaming on Paramountplus.

New TV show. Every week Clement solves a crises by descending down a ladder into his basement and returning with an obscure record. Like the special Electric Ladyland cover.
Things continue in this happy vein.

Until April.

B7FB476E-312F-4942-9FEF-6B739AA4E2DC.jpeg

Clements Magic Basement.

Streaming on Paramountplus.

New TV show. Every week Clement solves a crises by descending down a ladder into his basement and returning with an obscure record. Like the special Electric Ladyland cover.
Things continue in this happy vein.

Until April.
I'll admit, I don't understand the significance of April.

I'll admit, I don't understand the significance of April.
My recollection is that @jefe1 noted all was good so far with my recent spending spree, but we should check back in April, at which point my wife likely would have had enough and kicked me outta the house. I replied that would be in keeping with my wife, who is a kind woman, and would prolly not kick me out in the dead of winter, but would wait until spring. Being a re-covering Engl-ish teacher (and being married to an intellectual who digs poetry), i then noted that perhaps she would wait until April as homage to T. S. Eliot, whose poem "The Waste Land" begins with these lines:

April is the cruellest month, breeding

Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring

Dull roots with spring rain. . . .

That clears things up nicely, no?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
I Don't Want to Get Drafted/Ancient Armaments - Zappa 7" 45

Neu '75 German LP

We All Stand Together (Rupert the Bear picture disc) - McCartney 7" UK 45

This is My Dinner - Sun Kil Moon 3 LP

Mike's Murder (sdtk) - Joe Jackson

Who Hits 50

Girl I Knew Somewhere (Nesmith vocal)/All of Your Toys - Monkees 7" 45 from super deluxe Headquarters.

I Don't Want to Get Drafted/Ancient Armaments - Zappa 7" 45

Neu '75 German LP

We All Stand Together (Rupert the Bear picture disc) - McCartney 7" UK 45

This is My Dinner - Sun Kil Moon 3 LP

Mike's Murder (sdtk) - Joe Jackson

Who Hits 50

Girl I Knew Somewhere (Nesmith vocal)/All of Your Toys - Monkees 7" 45 from super deluxe Headquarters.
Would love it if someone (Intervention maybe? He likes Joe Jackson) would reissue Mike’s Murder.

I got so burnt out on that Counting Crows album when it was popular, I haven’t listened to it since.
I know the feeling.
I hadn't listened to it in many years. I was due.
It has aged VERY well.
I absolutely adored spinning it. Mrs. B came in to the room and listened to a few songs, too. An auspicious sign...

Back