The Cure "Songs of a Lost World" (New Album available in Dolby Atmos in November!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he did that at all the shows last year. In Dallas, he went to the far left and right sides of the stage and stayed there for a bit. I was under the impression he was doing it so people who were farther away could get pictures of him. At least, that's what everyone around me was doing.
That's always the thought I got when he's done this in the past too. Been at it since the 90's at least. I can't imagine he's getting any faster at it either!

They are Duncan
I did wonder if it was real or some sort of Spam.
Still at least we have an Attorney reading our posts on QQ.
Thought they would have more pressing matters 🤔😁
I've been retired since the year before Covid hit. Spend my time on music, video, helping with grandkids, exercising, and having had several surgeries/joint replacements - if I was still working even part-time I wouldn't be taking care of myself and wouldn't be able to help with the grandkids nearly daily! And I read very few of the posts on this forum - but The Cure, you betcha!

Man, I just found out about this and I am So stoked for it! The Cure have long been one of my favourite bands. Robert Smith is a national institution. He should be a protected species, and can do absolutely no wrong in my book. The thought of having just one of their albums in surround blows my mind!

...maybe this is a door opening for Robert to get the back catalogue re-released in surround?

I can only Wish... (see what I did there?

There's an interview with Robert Smith available via their official website. It's now up on YouTube and Robert Smith has posted a link to that on Twitter, so I'm guessing it's ok to post the same link here.

It's a great interview if you're a fan of The Cure but there's not much need to seek it out if you're just looking for info on the immersive release. The interview was carried out in Abbey Road and he mentions that that's where the Atmos mix was made. It's not totally clear but the impression it gives is that it was mixed by somebody else. (At least, not solely by Robert Smith, who mixed the stereo at home.) At one point he says "they" mixed it and later he says "we" mixed it. I'm assuming that basically somebody else mixed it but he gave his input and approval, which would be the most obvious and sensible approach.

Mix discussion starts at 42.22 for only about 1 minute.

Back