The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bobman - 1962. That was THE LAST TIME the Lions were 8-2. Its brutal to even type this. Im thinking either you - or Bobby Layne - put some sort of voodoo hex on the Lions. 61 years ago. One playoff win in 65 years. Its so painful. Y'all gotta feel for me and my hapless Lions. Could this really truly be THE YEAR that the hex is gone ?

sorry about your stunting btw
Ricky,
I forgot how good the Lions were in '62. I later looked up that NFL season. Detroit was 12-2, GB 13-1. No playoffs like today, Detroit finished 2nd in the West. GB would have had a perfect season if not for that loss. Here's something about game from Wikipedia.
  • 1962: The Detroit Lions handed the 10–0 Green Bay Packers their lone defeat of the season, 26–14. The game was dubbed the "Thanksgiving Day Massacre" due to the dominant performance by the Lions defense, who sacked Bart Starr 11 times.[17][18]
I was kidding about what I said🙂. (but I did watch that '62 game as a kid🕺). Just a sidenote, Lombardi hated playing in the Thanksgiving games & after the '64 game, got out of it. GB/Detroit had been the matchup from '51-'64.
I'm sort of happy for Lions being on top now. Yesterday's game was a great example of the difference; in the past Lions probably would have folded. But this isn't the old Lions! They came back to win it. They really are playing well.
I hope they can keep it going but maybe not this Thursday👇
Btw, many of the more recent GB- Detroit Thanksgiving day games were good matchups...

Unanimous? I'm pulling for the Eagles.
Go Eagles, for sure.

anehihjxbuvkwzvyyy8u.jpg

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/

Great game on MNF!
KC had their chances😟....but with all those dropped passes & the Kelce fumble. How do you overcome that🤔, there's no way. WR Scantling used to do the same thing regularly @ GB. That's partly why I think GB let him go. Mahomes hits him right in the hands!! What a pass.....
Philly is a tough team but if they wind up having the #1 seed, a bye & can rest their starters, that isn't always the best thing.
It depends on the team, it was a curse for GB! It's great as a fan to be top dog & all. But for coaches/players it can back fire on them. They lose their edge....

Last edited:
Back