The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So @JohnN and @LuvMyQuad , the Bills have had their pain just as have the Jets. Moments that will live in Jet infamy:

John Chandler's reporting on the Jets Fail Mary. Perhaps my favorite sports report of this most recent lousy season, especially when Chandler says that Mark Sanchez is off the hook:

Jets go up by 10 points against the Browns in 1987 AFC playoffs with about 4 minutes remaining in the game. Take a look at about 1:18 into this video. Guess which team lost. Turnabout was swift however as the Browns lost the next week to Elway and the Broncos in "The Drive" game.

Another game in Jets lore...versus the Steelers in the 2004 divisional round. The Jets kicker Brien hits the crossbar with 2 minutes left in the game (7:21 in the video.). Rapistberger tries to cooperate by throwing an INT on the next possession, but Brien misses another field goal with 4 seconds remaining (8:00 in the video.) Retribution again was swift as the Steelers 16-1 record was phantom. They they got squished the next weekend by the Pats.

More interesting tid bits about the upcoming games & weather from the KC Star:

"The 1983 season finished against the Denver Broncos with 0 degrees at kickoff and a wind chill of minus-30. That’s considered the coldest Chiefs home game. Saturday could top the list, and here’s the crazy thing: The forecast calls for even colder days on Sunday and Monday, the other NFL playoff days this weekend. The Chiefs-Dolphins could be playing on the “warmest” day of the weekend.

The coldest game in Dolphins history? That also came in Kansas City. In 2008, it was 10 degrees at kickoff and the playoff-bound Dolphins went on to beat the last-place Chiefs 38-31.
"

looks like football and hibernation for me -
Friday
Snow, mainly after 10am. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow, mainly after 1pm. High near 33. Breezy, with an east wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of around 5 inches.
Friday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow. Low around 24. Breezy, with an east wind 17 to 26 mph becoming west northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of around 6 inches.
Saturday
Snow. Patchy blowing snow. High near 27. Blustery, with a west northwest wind 23 to 28 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of around 3 inches.
Saturday Night
Snow. Patchy blowing snow before 1am. Low around 13. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of around 3 inches.
Sunday
Snow. High near 16. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
Sunday Night
Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 8.
M.L.King Day
Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 14.
Monday Night
Tuesday
Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 14.

Friday
Snow, mainly after 10am. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow, mainly after 1pm. High near 33. Breezy, with an east wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of around 5 inches.
Friday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow. Low around 24. Breezy, with an east wind 17 to 26 mph becoming west northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of around 6 inches.
Saturday
Snow. Patchy blowing snow. High near 27. Blustery, with a west northwest wind 23 to 28 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of around 3 inches.
Saturday Night
Snow. Patchy blowing snow before 1am. Low around 13. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of around 3 inches.
Sunday
Sunday Night
M.L.King Day
Monday Night
Tuesday
Good luck that you don’t lose power!

Friday
Friday Night
Saturday
Saturday Night
Sunday
Sunday Night
M.L.King Day
Monday Night
Tuesday
14F in our terms thats -10C....brrrrr

Friday
Friday Night
Saturday
Saturday Night
Sunday
Sunday Night
M.L.King Day
Monday Night
Tuesday
You can keep that chit up north if you don't mind. No use in all of us having to be buried.
Good luck, I don't envy you.

So @JohnN and @LuvMyQuad , the Bills have had their pain just as have the Jets. Moments that will live in Jet infamy:

John Chandler's reporting on the Jets Fail Mary. Perhaps my favorite sports report of this most recent lousy season, especially when Chandler says that Mark Sanchez is off the hook:

Jets go up by 10 points against the Browns in 1987 AFC playoffs with about 4 minutes remaining in the game. Take a look at about 1:18 into this video. Guess which team lost. Turnabout was swift however as the Browns lost the next week to Elway and the Broncos in "The Drive" game.

Another game in Jets lore...versus the Steelers in the 2004 divisional round. The Jets kicker Brien hits the crossbar with 2 minutes left in the game (7:21 in the video.). Rapistberger tries to cooperate by throwing an INT on the next possession, but Brien misses another field goal with 4 seconds remaining (8:00 in the video.) Retribution again was swift as the Steelers 16-1 record was phantom. They they got squished the next weekend by the Pats.

You're a good guy. Don't hurt yourself. I feel no pain...:LOL:

Looking up;>) :alien:
ec99c46135597d58659b83b12185d8ef05-new-york-jets.2x.rhorizontal.w700.jpg

OK..who has Knuckled under & signed up for Peacock? I'll watch 3 1/2 hrs. of test pattern before they get a penny of my money😡

Last edited:
Friday
Friday Night
Saturday
Saturday Night
Sunday
Sunday Night
M.L.King Day
Monday Night
Tuesday
Ricky, you'll be able to dig out in March sometime. So quit whining!
... I'm on the other side of the Lake & getting much the same weather as you are.
2 days in a row of snow! Virtually the first snow of the season. I like it so far...🙂

Last edited:
OK..who has Knuckled under & signed up for Peacock? I'll watch 3 1/2 hrs. of test pattern before they get a penny of my money😡
Not me. When Peacock first started it was free for Comcast/Xfinity subscribers (at least with my carrier and package).

That changed somewhere along the line in 2023. Barely watched it ever so definitely not worth subscribing for a FB game here and there. They can cram it.

Not me. When Peacock first started it was free for Comcast/Xfinity subscribers (at least with my carrier and package).

That changed somewhere along the line in 2023. Barely watched it ever so definitely not worth subscribing for a FB game here and there. They can cram it.
That's how it's always done. Initially, you pay for Amazon Prime and you get commercial-free Amazon Prime Video. Then in 2024 they start to charge a fee for commercial-free Amazon Prime Video. They also now are charging additional fees for Amazon Music.

That's how it's always done. Initially, you pay for Amazon Prime and you get commercial-free Amazon Prime Video. Then in 2024 they start to charge a fee for commercial-free Amazon Prime Video. They also now are charging additional fees for Amazon Music.
They are trying to brainwash the new generations. They don't care about grouchy old Baby Boomers. They look forward to our demise. I pity them because they have no idea how ornery we are.

They are trying to brainwash the new generations. They don't care about grouchy old Baby Boomers. They look forward to our demise. I pity them because they have no idea how ornery we are.

Peacock is aware the anger & backlash over this. Somewhere on Yahoo I read a pretty lengthy defense by the streamer's CEO. Essentially he said come for the sports stay for the rest of the package. Or as was said earlier just forget about the automatic payment set up.

A month subscription to Peacock is only $5.99. If you look at it as PPV event that's pretty cheap & much cheaper & warmer than tickets & being there. I realize it's the principle of the matter to many others. But Peacock paid $110 million for this game & if gazzilion people sign up & then cancel they'll see it doesn't work. And as a second thought I can't see them getting $110 million worth of new subscribers from this. Maybe they will set an example how not to do this.

Last edited:
Back