The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peacock is aware the anger & backlash over this. Somewhere on Yahoo I read a pretty lengthy defense by the streamer's CEO. Essentially he said come for the sports stay for the rest of the package. Or as was said earlier just forget about the automatic payment set up.

A month subscription to Peacock is only $5.99. If you look at it as PPV event that's pretty cheap & much cheaper & warmer than tickets & being there. I realize it's the principle of the matter to many others. But Peacock paid $110 million for this game & if gazzilion people sign up & then cancel they'll see it doesn't work. And as a second thought I can't see them getting $110 million worth of new subscribers from this. Maybe they will set an example how not to do this.
Peacock is hoping that people will sign up for a subscription and then later forget to unsubscribe. They, however, had better be prepared to withstand the wrath of rabid NFL fans. In all truth, paying for a single subscription to the NFL Network should have been the end of it.

Peacock is aware the anger & backlash over this. Somewhere on Yahoo I read a pretty lengthy defense by the streamer's CEO. Essentially he said come for the sports stay for the rest of the package. Or as was said earlier just forget about the automatic payment set up.

A month subscription to Peacock is only $5.99. If you look at it as PPV event that's pretty cheap & much cheaper & warmer than tickets & being there. I realize it's the principle of the matter to many others. But Peacock paid $110 million for this game & if gazzilion people sign up & then cancel they'll see it doesn't work. And as a second thought I can't see them getting $110 million worth of new subscribers from this. Maybe they will set an example how not to do this.
Don't forget that Peacock is NBC. So NBC paid 110 million and are going to miss out on a ton of advertising dollars. Even if there are commercials on Peacock, the overall number of eyes seeing the commercial is a fraction of a game broadcast on the NBC network. I hope they choke on it.

Peacock is hoping that people will sign up for a subscription and then later forget to unsubscribe. They, however, had better be prepared to withstand the wrath of rabid NFL fans. In all truth, paying for a single subscription to the NFL Network should have been the end of it.
I subscribed to Peacock earlier, I forget what NFL game, and I remembered to unsubscribe and then this Wild Card weekend they have one game but my subscription is still good till Jan 23rd. So I am good for Miami @ Kansas City.
I wonder if Peacock is going to have Divisional Round (4) games and Championship games (2).
I highly doubt the Championship (2) games.

I wonder if Peacock is going to have Divisional Round (4) games and Championship games (2).
I highly doubt the Championship (2) games.
It looks like the divisional round will feature one game each on CBS, ESPN/ABC, FOX, and NBC. The conference championship round has one game on CBS and one on FOX. The Super Bowl is on CBS.

Last edited:
hell no. I wont buckle. Ill just listen to music Saturday night and pester my fellow QQers. Ill get game updates via the web
Yeah, a while back a Lions Thursday night game was only on Amazon TV Prime Plus or whatever they call it i wanted to watch. Didn't do it kept updated on the Google.

I'm sure there will be some real time chatter here. And it ain't like it's the only important game this weekend. And Monday.

Yeah, a while back a Lions Thursday night game was only on Amazon TV Prime Plus or whatever they call it i wanted to watch. Didn't do it kept updated on the Google.

I'm sure there will be some real time chatter here. And it ain't like it's the only important game this weekend. And Monday.
hey Sonik - you will be getting the game on local, correct ?

hey Sonik - you will be getting the game on local, correct ?
Correctamundo!

The KC area will be well served. In checking out the Miami free coverage, suburbs, etc, seems pretty restricted.

Do keep in mind the first play off game on Saturday is the Cleveland vs Houston. Carried for free on NBC, not Peecock.

Correctamundo!

The KC area will be well served. In checking out the Miami free coverage, suburbs, etc, seems pretty restricted.

Do keep in mind the first play off game on Saturday is the Cleveland vs Houston. Carried for free on NBC, not Peecock.
Do they still tailgate with KC barbecue when the temperatures is -2?

Mike Francesa...known for pissing people off in his own right...lambasted the NFL regarding the Peacock game for two minutes straight in one of his podcasts. His rant starts at 2:50 into the video:
Well he sounds like he shoots straight. He thinks the Bills were lucky (uncharacteristically, they were), thinks the Eagles collapsed badly (they did), had bad things to say about the Jets coach (he sounds like a NYer).

He's opinionated and grumpy sounding. I kinda like the guy.

Mike Francesa...known for pissing people off in his own right...lambasted the NFL regarding the Peacock game for two minutes straight in one of his podcasts. His rant starts at 2:50 into the video:

Right on! That was a good podcast. I like that guy also! Thanks AR...
The NFL may just come to regret their greedy decision. I highly doubt Peacock does another exclusive game in this years playoffs!
Peacocks aren't a protected specie, are they? Cos' if I see one in my backyard, it's going down!...I don't think they could handle WI in the winter anyways.....
....I like what he said about Dallas versus GB. 'that Dallas can't lose under any circumstances'.
I see a Dallas win (...I'm not drinking the koolaid) but GB has gone down there a time or 2 & kicked the Cowboys butt.
I recall a playoff game where Rodgers made this great throw along the sidelines on 4th & a lot for a 1st down. It may have been Daks' 1st year as a starter. Dallas was top seed& lost. GB won on a 50+ yd. fg....
GB in the 90's, lost many playoff games down there. I hated those Dallas teams of the 90s...😤

Last edited:
T

Right on! That was a good podcast. I like that guy also! Thanks AR...
The NFL may just come to regret their greedy decision. I highly doubt Peacock does another exclusive game in this years playoffs!
Peacocks aren't a protected specie, are they? Cos' if I see one in my backyard, it's going down!...I don't think they could handle WI in the winter anyways.....
....I like what he said about Dallas versus GB. 'that Dallas can't lose under any circumstances'.
I see a Dallas win (...I'm not drinking the koolaid) but GB has gone down there a time or 2 & kicked the Cowboys butt.
I recall a playoff game where Rodgers made this great throw along the sidelines on 4th & a lot for a 1st down. It may have been Daks' 1st year as a starter. Dallas was top seed& lost. GB won on a 50+ yd. fg....
GB in the 90's, lost many playoff games down there. I hated those Dallas teams of the 90s...😤
and dont forget. Jerry Jones has the refs in his pocket. GB already is handicapped. BUT ----GB has nothing to lose. Go out and play hard with reckless abandon ( and fun ). Packers have a real good Head Coach. I just have this gut feeling Bobman.............I think you guys can do it !!
Play like you did on Thanksgiving Day and the Packers will win !!
I would LOVE to see this happen. CowGirls will be upset

Back