The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RickyPicks on the loose !!!! All hopped up on peyote and hashish !! ( not really but when you see his picks you may be inclined to think he is ...)

Pitt - Bills ---sorry, Pitt wins upset special number 2 as it will be a grind game - just what Pitt wants
Enjoy your games you QQ football nerds
Is this the thread where we lose friends...
Game on, I'll pick Houston.

T7QLR5X2HJDMTMN3J2GGL65QWE.jpg

Copyright 2022 The Associated Press. All rights reserved
Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen took a selfie after an NFL football game against the Detroit Lions, Thursday, Nov. 24, 2022, in Detroit. (AP Photo/Paul Sancya)

Last edited:
At the risk of being serious for a bit I have some questions about football pressure when played in extreme temperatures. We all know that when you drive a car in very cold weather eventually the low tire pressure light comes on. It's easy to understand why. But that got me wondering if footballs PSI is checked at room temp or acclimated to field temperature. So I ran across this:

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/the-game/preparing-the-footballs-for-nfl-games/
Complicated, ain't it? I didn't even know they had primary & secondary balls. But it sounds like football pressure is checked at room temp inside. Then it would lose PSI in zero deg weather & be softer? Or would that be offset by the balls material turning rock hard? Anyone have any insights to this?

At the risk of being serious for a bit I have some questions about football pressure when played in extreme temperatures. We all know that when you drive a car in very cold weather eventually the low tire pressure light comes on. It's easy to understand why. But that got me wondering if footballs PSI is checked at room temp or acclimated to field temperature. So I ran across this:

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/the-game/preparing-the-footballs-for-nfl-games/
Complicated, ain't it? I didn't even know they had primary & secondary balls. But it sounds like football pressure is checked at room temp inside. Then it would lose PSI in zero deg weather & be softer? Or would that be offset by the balls material turning rock hard? Anyone have any insights to this?
All I can say is that the ball never felt softer when it was cold, from what I remember when I was a kid. That goes for kicking too.

Most of my family are Cowboys fans, but I was an Oilers fan. I never rooted against the Cowboys, but they weren't "my team." I have extended family in Houston, and I've tried for years to become a Texans fan. I think I've finally succeeded. They looked like world beaters out there today. And yes, I'll root for the Cowboys tomorrow.

Back