The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. For a while:
https://www.chiefs.com/news/chiefs-...lion-dollar-heating-system-under-pla-18287078
Edit: field temp 50 deg. A few feet above... not so much.
There was a system like that @ Green Bay for the 1967 NFL Championship game... Better known as the 'Ice Bowl'.
That one didn't work out too well😨. Word is that George Halas sold that to Lombardi..( Wikipedia says it was Halas's nephew, close enough!) I'm talking about a conspiracy of sorts! ..Packers/ Bears team up to but the Kabash on Dallas Championship hopes.
Never trust those salesmen with ties to the Bears!

Last edited:
Thanks beerking! Rub it in to all of us who will be watching Jack Squat tonight😄
Just watched the recordings ...I did try and block out the Peacock banner in the top right corner...

Two one sided games, which is a shame as like to watch them when they go to the wire.

Be more recordings today.

Tricky to avoid any sports news etc before I watch them.

My son, Matt, will be rooting for the Packers.

I'll be sitting on the fence as I have no real preference who gets to the final. Now that the Patriots season is over.

Good luck to those of you who still have a vested interest.

And, hopefully, no more Jack Squatting 😁

Oh yeah ...had two smoked bacon rolls with home made tomato 🍅 relish for breakfast.

Thought I'd join in the feasting.

One thing I've never understood is Chicken Wings, there's not enough meat for me , I'm a thigh and a breast man 😁
I'm not a big fan of wings either and prefer breasts. However the fact that there is very little meat is part of the attraction.
First, you can eat a shitload of them, which works great for a 3 hour sporting event.
Secondly, the skin to meat ratio is off the charts. Now the skin is the worst part nutritionally (all fat), but that's where all the flavor and zing is with respect to whatever is used to season them.

For anyone who didn't see it, here is a photo of Mahomes broken helmet:

Untitled.jpg

Ken Andersen, Bengals QB of yore, reminded everyone that the wind chill during the Chargers / Bengals AFC championship game in Cincinnati was -59 degF. Yesterday's windchill was a balmy -27 deg F in comparison.

This is the beginning experiment regarding moving all NFL post season play to pay per view. Next will be regular season games. "Show Me The Money!"
I think it was really just NBC trying to get more people to subscribe to their streaming platform. From what I’ve read it is failing. There is little incentive for the NFL to adopt streaming. They are already making money hand over fist.
Also you would have to pay for at least 5 subscriptions, ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX and Amazon given the current NFL contracts. Not many would be willing to do that.
If the NFL wanted to go to that business model , they’d just make all games NFL channel exclusives and force fans to pay them. They wouldn’t need to share any revenue with the networks. They would just cut them off altogether.

For anyone who didn't see it, here is a photo of Mahomes broken helmet:

View attachment 100310

Ken Andersen, Bengals QB of yore, reminded everyone that the wind chill during the Chargers / Bengals AFC championship game in Cincinnati was -59 degF. Yesterday's windchill was a balmy -27 deg F in comparison.
That cracked helmet was so weird, never have I seen that.

Back