The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got up especially early to watch the recording of the Packers followed by the Lions.

I had this intuition that the Packers would prevail.

But not just prevail, completely stuffed them!! Thoroughly enjoyed that game

Well done the Packers 💪

And then onto the Lions, wow, I knew it would be tough but to win by one point against a good Rams team. Mind blowing.

Not since 1991 as well.
Supporter who is 89 and still goes to watch his Lions, remembers 1991 and 1957!!

If this ain't what American Football is all about, what is ?

I just love it .

Right on! I'll tell you, I'm now beginning to believe that GB can beat anyone!
Not that they will but....but one thing I do know for sure, is that we owe the 49ers big time!

About Dallas...they have some problems there. I don't know exactly what it is...
I agree if Jones lets McCarthy go, he's doing him a favor. With his track record of meddling in the coaching decisions, etc., I wondered why McCarthy ever even took the job. I think that Jones must have promised to leave the coaching to McCarthy & that is why he took the job.
So would he try to get Belichick?....I think Dallas just maybe cursed! The curse of 'trying' to call your selves 'America's team' & mistreating Tom Landry! You with me on that AR?😯

Just saw that SF is a -10 point favourite for the game. Good, why don't they make it -20 points. No respect....
@Imbobman See ??? I told you !
You need to trust ol Ricky.
And lets finally agree that Matt is a helluva great coach

think Dallas just maybe cursed! The curse of 'trying' to call your selves 'America's team' & mistreating Tom Landry! You with me on that AR?😯

The Cowboys won two Super Bowls after Landry's departure as head coach. Landry couldn't extract revenge while he was still alive, but now his spirit continues to haunt the team since he passed in 2000. The 'Boys haven't gotten past the divisional round. This year was supposed to be different. Yes it was different as they were totally embarrassed by the young underdog Packers. Frankly, it was absolutely beautiful.

@cbmmm3 Ricky, congratulations on the Lions finally getting off of the playoff schneid. It was a very well played game with neither team giving anything away or making any glaring mistakes. Stafford performed well in front of his old fans, but Goff and the Lions simply took it at the end.

Now, another two games today. My predictions are that Buffalo shall not be denied and that the Eagles find something in the tank to get them past a not so hot TB team.

The Cowboys won two Super Bowls after Landry's departure as head coach. Landry couldn't extract revenge while he was still alive, but now his spirit continues to haunt the team since he passed in 2000. The 'Boys haven't gotten past the divisional round. This year was supposed to be different. Yes it was different as they were totally embarrassed by the young underdog Packers. Frankly, it was absolutely beautiful.

@cbmmm3 Ricky, congratulations on the Lions finally getting off of the playoff schneid. It was a very well played game with neither team giving anything away or making any glaring mistakes. Stafford performed well in front of his old fans, but Goff and the Lions simply took it at the end.

Now, another two games today. My predictions are that Buffalo shall not be denied and that the Eagles find something in the tank to get them past a not so hot TB team.
thank you AR
You and I are on opposite poles. I have Baker May having a career game and TampaBrady winning ( nee RickyPicks upset special number 3 ) and - sorry JohnN - I have the Bills getting upset ( RickyPicks upset special number 2 )

thank you AR
You and I are on opposite poles. I have Baker May having a career game and TampaBrady winning ( nee RickyPicks upset special number 3 ) and - sorry JohnN - I have the Bills getting upset ( RickyPicks upset special number 2 )
Sorry RickyPicks, but you‘ve already shot your load big time with the massacre in Dallas.

OK, Packers are moving on, destroyed Dallas. Destruction. Now that I'm over the fact that it's another year, and the Packers are `better than the Bears.....I can relax. Of course I don't hate the Packers, I simply hate it when they are always better than the Bears. First, it was Favre in the way...then Rodgers got in the way.....now it looks like Love is going to get in the way. lol

Congrats imbobman! Love was lights out on the perfect night. And Rick! Lions move on. I didn't watch that one too closely, looked like a nail biter. I'll have to watch some replays. Congrats!

Last edited:
And Rick! Lions move on. I didn't watch that one too closely, looked like a nail biter. I'll have to watch some replays. Congrats!
You missed a good one. Watch the YouTube compressed game. The offenses were hot in the first half but then both defenses stiffened up in the red zone during the second half. Truly a well played game by both teams and QBs.

Look at how close:

Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 9.00.13 AM.jpg

Right on! I'll tell you, I'm now beginning to believe that GB can beat anyone!
Not that they will but....but one thing I do know for sure, is that we owe the 49ers big time!

About Dallas...they have some problems there. I don't know exactly what it is...
I agree if Jones lets McCarthy go, he's doing him a favor. With his track record of meddling in the coaching decisions, etc., I wondered why McCarthy ever even took the job. I think that Jones must have promised to leave the coaching to McCarthy & that is why he took the job.
So would he try to get Belichick?....I think Dallas just maybe cursed! The curse of 'trying' to call your selves 'America's team' & mistreating Tom Landry! You with me on that AR?😯

Just saw that SF is a -10 point favourite for the game. Good, why don't they make it -20 points. No respect....
There is absolutely no way that grumpy Belichick would ever sign with Dallas. He would pass Robert Kraft in the hallway and not even say hello or nod his head to acknowledge him. Plus, grumpy is used to doubling as GM.

OK, Packers are moving on, destroyed Dallas. Destruction. Now that I'm over the fact that it's another year, and the Packers are `better than the Bears.....I can relax. Of course I don't hate the Packers, I simply hate it when they are always better than the Bears. First, it was Farve in the way...then Rodgers got in the way.....now it looks like Love is going to get in the way. lol
Sorry to have to say it but what about the Bears getting in their own way? I mean, we all love you Gene but…

@slmccaul thank you dude. we won. be involved here. we need you

Been a Lions fan my whole life and was born 1 year before their last NFL championship so I don't remember it of course. Have attended several games and will continue to support the team. I really like Dan Campbell and his approach and honesty. Hopefully they can keep this going for a while. Will be a welcome break from all those years of mediocre to just plain awful play and coaching. Looking forward to what appears to be a bright future. DAN is THE MAN!!

Well, a perfect day yesterday,
I hoped the Packers would win, as Shanahan and company are now deep into planning there assault on the invading Packers at Levi's.
I hoped the Lions would win and they did by a hair.
No date or time yet for Niners/Packers, my guess Sunday night, definitely will be a marquee night game.

AFC teams, I don't care, I only want the best, I assume that will be the Ravens?
Philly/Tampa, geez, I wanted Philly for so long so we could have revenge for last year, but clearly Philly is very damaged as of late, well since the Niners trounced them, may the best team win.

The 7 day forecast here at Levi's shows rain here Sat and Sun, but that's a ways off and the forecast will likely change.

Well, a perfect day yesterday,
I hoped the Packers would win, as Shanahan and company are now deep into planning there assault on the invading Packers at Levi's.
I hoped the Lions would win and they did by a hair.
No date or time yet for Niners/Packers, my guess Sunday night, definitely will be a marquee night game.

AFC teams, I don't care, I only want the best, I assume that will be the Ravens?
Philly/Tampa, geez, I wanted Philly for so long so we could have revenge for last year, but clearly Philly is very damaged as of late, well since the Niners trounced them, may the best team win.

The 7 day forecast here at Levi's shows rain here Sat and Sun, but that's a ways off and the forecast will likely change.
Markie
you have the Sat night game

Been a Lions fan my whole life and was born 1 year before their last NFL championship so I don't remember it of course. Have attended several games and will continue to support the team. I really like Dan Campbell and his approach and honesty. Hopefully they can keep this going for a while. Will be a welcome break from all those years of mediocre to just plain awful play and coaching. Looking forward to what appears to be a bright future. DAN is THE MAN!!
I suppose that that’s how you roll in Bay City. I’m very hopeful for you Michiganders. And a college football national championship and a SB ring in the same season would be beyond epic.

Back