The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fear the Ravens, I do.
baltimorecolts.jpg

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...me-afc-divisional-round-schedule/72240565007/

How to watch (the Bills win) Kansas City Chiefs vs. Buffalo Bills in AFC divisional-round game

Date: Sunday, Jan. 21

• Time: 6:30 p.m. ET/3:30 p.m. PT
  • TV: CBS
  • Stream: Paramount+; YouTube TV; Sling; FuboTV
https://www.google.ca/search?q=nfl&...wiz#sie=m;/g/11t_ygk2g9;6;/m/059yj;dt;fp;1;;;Next up, a visit from an old friend in the Kansas City Chiefs. The Bills have experienced heartbreaking losses at the hands of the Chiefs in two of the last three seasons, first in the 2020 AFC Championship Game and then again in the 2021 Divisional Round. Kansas City's offense may be a bit weaker than past iterations, but this is still an extremely dangerous team.

GO BILLS! (Super Bowl please)

I completely agree with you but I still find it sad that a 9-8 team made the playoffs.
I know what you mean but...... They did win their division! What are you going to do, send no one from the NFC South, not even the winner of the division?
If anyone doesn't deserve to be there it's my Packers. The 7th seed...an 9-8 record? but they are & look out!
When Tampa Bay played GB this yr., they manhandled the Pack. An ugly game!

[@Imbobman - um - what part of chickens and hatching did you not understand ? ;) And aint SanFran a bay also ? Speaking of bays - here is the early Ricky discussion on the MarkieNiners - Packers game. It will be one of two scenarios - either a Niners run away - 20 plus point win - or a GreenBay shocker. There will be no middle ground ( aka Niners 27 Packers 24 .....nope ) More like either Niners 31 Pack 10, or Pack 24 Niners 21. Agree with Bobby - week off hurts momentum. Going to be a fun Sat night game. Early bet line is Niners -10]

@cbmmm3, Ricky, I agree with you on how the game could go. SF is not Dallas! Too many great players & well coached to have the same sort of collapse.
I think SF will win...& like last week, I just hope the Pack will play hard, give a good effort & doesn't embarass themselves. They have already far exceeded my expectations😏
I think you were right about LaFleur & I was wrong😔

Last edited:
I know what you mean but...... They did win their division! What are you going to do, send no one from the NFC South, not even the winner of the division?
If anyone doesn't deserve to be there it's my Packers. The 7th seed...an 9-8 record? but they are & look out!
When Tampa Bay played GB this yr., they manhandled the Pack. An ugly game!
What can I say? GB is on the rise and Philly was on the downhill slide. It happens. Any given Sunday. 🤷‍♂️

I'm hoping we have all our weapons in shape to play (except the ones that we already know were out for the season).
On the local news they showed Mark Andrews practicing with the team. Nobody has said anything about him being ready to play but that would be huge to get him back.
I'm definitely not counting any chickens. I haven't all year and I'm not starting now. We'll just see what happens and let it play out on the field.

Edit: And the AFC North is always physical with every team.
Every team goes into the playoffs as the walking wounded.

Pretty good article. One interesting note from it was that the 23M figure included the KC & Miami markets. Regardless, they would have gotten the game there free, anyway, by OTA as all NFL team markets would also.
So the actual number is well less than even the 23M claimed viewers.
Plus as stated elsewhere, even if it did get 23M viewership, which it didn't, that would make it the lowest rated game of the weekend.
So for about $3.5 M per nfl team, the league stuck it to the fan base. Nice move by the NFL...
Their way of showing the fans that they love 'em dearly😛.....

Here are the rankings for the eight starting quarterbacks remaining in the playoff field:

8. Baker Mayfield, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Mayfield is clearly eighth on this list, but that's not really because Mayfield hasn't been good this season. He resurrected his career on a one-year deal with the Buccaneers. He had stretches of brilliant play, like posting a perfect passer rating in a game at Lambeau Field. Mayfield struggled in the final two games of the regular season but was sharp in a win over the Eagles. Mayfield wasn't a top eight quarterback all season, but he's a fine inclusion in the surviving playoff field.

7. Jared Goff, Detroit Lions

It's probably not fair to Goff to have him this low. He has played well since being traded from the Los Angeles Rams. He does have a Super Bowl appearance. He's consistently underestimated. He's in this spot because the remaining field of quarterbacks is really strong. It's also arguable Goff should be ranked a couple spots higher. He did have 4,575 yards and 30 touchdowns after all.

6. Jordan Love, Green Bay Packers

Over the Packers' last nine games, Love has a touchdown-to-interception ratio of 21-1. His performance in a win over the Dallas Cowboys had to be eye opening to anyone who hadn't been paying attention to Love's hot streak in the second half of the season. Maybe it's unfair to rank him ahead of Goff already, but it's easy to get excited about how he played late in the regular season and against Dallas.

5. Brock Purdy, San Francisco 49ers

Purdy has taken over as the most divisive player in the NFL. Some think he's pretty much a game manager who hit the lottery playing on a phenomenal 49ers team. Others think that he's a big reason the 49ers are as good as they are. He clearly does benefit from great teammates and a fantastic scheme, which makes him hard to rank. Purdy's production is hard to deny, but which quarterbacks ahead of Purdy on this list would you pick him over?

4. C.J. Stroud, Houston Texans​

This is not a normal rookie. It's remarkable how advanced Stroud is in every aspect. He has played in what amounts to two playoff games (Week 18 was a winner-take-all game at Indianapolis on the road), and in those games he was 36 of 47 for 538 yards, five touchdowns and no interceptions. That's a 76% completion percentage, an incredible 11.4 yards per attempt and a ridiculous 149.1 passer rating. Maybe he's in for a bad game, but it's hard to predict it. Stroud is already a star.

Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen (17) will face off against Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday. (AP Photo/Jeffrey T. Barnes)

Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen (17) will face off against Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday. (AP Photo/Jeffrey T. Barnes)

3. Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills

Sure, Allen can get a little too reckless at times and that leads to turnovers. But no quarterback is asked to do more for his offense. And Allen often delivers. He accounted for 44 touchdowns in the regular season. He made huge plays against the Steelers in a wild-card win, including a 52-yard touchdown run. Allen does more with less than any other quarterback in the NFL, and it's justified to have him at No. 1 in this list. But it's a pretty strong field with just eight quarterbacks left.

2. Lamar Jackson, Baltimore Ravens​

Jackson is going to win MVP for the second time, and that's a fine pick. He's a special player deserving of being in the elite group that has multiple MVPs. The narrative that Jackson can't win in the playoffs is overdone but Jackson hasn't been great in three postseason appearances. He has three touchdown passes and five interceptions. The Ravens are 1-3 in those games. There's only one way to end the talk of his postseason struggles, and the Ravens have the team to make a deep run. And Jackson is certainly capable of being as great in the playoffs as he has been in the regular season.

1. Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs​

Mahomes did not have a better season than Jackson, Allen or probably Purdy. His supporting cast wasn't that good, and Mahomes wasn't great in many games either. For most of the season he was talked up as an MVP candidate and that was ridiculous from Week 1 on. Aside from a 424-yard, four-touchdown game against the Chargers in Week 7, Mahomes didn't have one game over 306 yards and had just one game with more than two passing touchdowns.

And yet, if we were drafting quarterbacks for the rest of these playoffs, you'd probably pick Mahomes. There would be a good argument to be made for a few others, but Mahomes would be the right choice. And that's why it's hard to cross the Chiefs off the list as a possible Super Bowl Champion

Back