The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What there won't be are people filling the stands. I'm sure there will be plenty of fans there but there will also be plenty of empty seats. Lot's of tickets available for under $100. I believe that's below face value but I'm not really sure because I didn't research it.
I heard ticket prices in Buffalo are higher for this game. The nosebleeds are at $180 or so. Bowl seats are over $400. KC doesn't get here often.

I heard ticket prices in Buffalo are higher for this game. The nosebleeds are at $180 or so. Bowl seats are over $400. KC doesn't get here often.

Lions-Buccaneers ticket prices soar to a new NFL record​

Published Jan. 17, 2024 10:34 p.m. ET
FACEBOOKXREDDITLINK
If you were thinking about grabbing tickets to the Buccaneers-Lions game on Sunday, you might want to think again — or be prepared to dip into that rainy day fund.

Tickets to the NFC divisional-round matchup have skyrocketed on the secondary market, with average admission to Ford Field reaching a record high of $1,186 apiece, according to TickPick.com.

FACEBOOKXREDDITLINK
If you were thinking about grabbing tickets to the Buccaneers-Lions game on Sunday, you might want to think again — or be prepared to dip into that rainy day fund.

Tickets to the NFC divisional-round matchup have skyrocketed on the secondary market, with average admission to Ford Field reaching a record high of $1,186 apiece, according to TickPick.com.

One of the benefits of being in a climate controlled dome.

Prices are so high because Ford Feild only seats 62000. Demand is way up and supply is low

BTW - I helped build Ford Field. I still have - unused - my Lions Construction Team Carrhart jacket. Ill snap a pic tonite or tomorrow if I remember.
This should qualify me for my '15 minutes of QQ football thread fame ', right ?

Last edited:

FACEBOOKXREDDITLINK

Oh yeah! This is huge in the annals of Detroit sports history. I can understand it being pricy. Lion have a great shot at this. Imagine if the Niners get upset, and the NFC Championship game goes through ........well you know the rest. It'll be pandemonium. :SB :SB :SB

BTW - I helped build Ford Field. I still have - unused - my Lions Construction Team Carrhart jacket. Ill snap a pic tonite or tomorrow if I CC23WMX10.
This should qualify me for my '15 minutes of QQ football thread fame ', right ?
Oh yeah. You're big-time now. But we gotta see the pic first.

Yep. I wish we had a dome here. I mean if Detroit, Toronto, and Minnesota have one, why not Buffalo? In my 20s-30s I would at least have tried to go to one of these games. So I suspect it's an age thing that makes me long for my theater recliner and big screen instead of the cold, the snow, and the shirtless drunk about to spill beer on me. I have a secret envy for @marpow who still goes to games.... And they're OUTSIDE. :eek:

Last edited:
DivisionalRoundSurvey_Getty_Ringer.0.jpg

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2024/...rvey-lamar-jackson-josh-allen-patrick-mahomes
Go BILLS!
e71c0496-178e-4362-a731-ac89771a6504_1920x1080.jpg

We're all running on a tightrope, wearing slippers in the snow...
we're all dogs in the midwinter.
The ice is ever thinner. Be careful how you go

Yep. I wish we had a dome here. I mean if Detroit, Toronto, and Minnesota have one, why not Buffalo? In my 20s-30s I would at least have tried to go to one of these games. So I suspect it's an age thing that makes me long for my theater recliner and big screen instead of the cold, the snow, and the shirtless drunk about to spill beer on me. I have a secret envy for @marpow who still goes to games.... And they're OUTSIDE. :eek:
Oh yeah. Definitely and age thing. I'm with you. I figure you have to be under 40 to be brave (and/or stupid) enough to sit out there in total discomfort. I'd pass out long before I'd be drunk enough to enjoy being out there.

This is my most treasured memento from my teaching daze. The owner, Eddy, was in my third period senior Engl-ish class, and he would stand outside in the hallway with me every day as We waited for class to start (teachers were encouraged to maintain a hallway presence during passing periods). He and i would talk music and art and life and social justice. He was a beautiful soul, and he taught me much more than i ever could have taught him! I really cherished our conversations. Turns out Eddy had an ulterior motive, though. He came to realize that the superintendent would walk by my classroom nearly every day. Eddy wore his hat as We talked. Our school had a no-hat policy. After seeing me speaking to Eddy for a couple of weeks, the superintendent stopped and reminded Eddy of the school's policy. Eddy replied that he didn't agree with the policy. I kept a straight face and went back to my conversation with Eddy. The superintendent hesitated and walked away. The next day, the same thing happened, only the superintendent followed up by asking me to take care of the situation. In protest of the school's no-hat policy, i had taken to wearing a kufi (it was okay to wear head covering for religious purposes). I pointed to my kufi and told the superintendent that i was with Eddy, and suggested that perhaps Eddy had a religious rationale for wearing his hat. The superintendent stormed off! I received a number of memos to my personnel file . . . which I grieved through my union and had removed. Neither Eddy nor i ever removed our hats. On his last day of school, Eddy presented me with the hat; i nearly cried. Love that young man, and i think of him often. I wore the hat today because there's a Packer-backer who bowls in my Friday league! Go Niners! Go Eddy! Stay Surrounded, Comrades!
Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 2.56.37 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 2.57.07 PM.png

Eddy was a tagger, and Phen was his tag!

Oh yeah! This is huge in the annals of Detroit sports history. I can understand it being pricy. Lion have a great shot at this. Imagine if the Niners get upset, and the NFC Championship game goes through ........well you know the rest. It'll be pandemonium. :SB :SB :SB

Oh yeah. You're big-time now. But we gotta see the pic first.
fordfieldjacket.jpg
fordfieldjacket2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20240119_173222.jpg
    IMG_20240119_173222.jpg
    838.3 KB · Views: 0
@cbmmm3 , it looks brand new. Did you actually do any work in it?
it was too cool at the time. Yes, its still new. William Clay would visit often. He would have massive lunches catered in. Let me tell you, they treated the Constuction guys like Kings - and the pride and workmanship that went into the building shows. They had a huge dinner for the Construction team and their families on the field when the project was done. Sonik - yes - I can still fit in it despite 22 years and an estimated 7000 craft beers since

Last edited:
Back