The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Likewise, will New England start Drake Maye? 🤔
If you are talking about the regular season, no, he is struggling in camp and isn't even the number 2 QB right now...this isn't a big surprise...he was drafted more on "potential"....as far as the pre season...he might play...but starting is doubtful

If you are talking about the regular season, no, he is struggling in camp and isn't even the number 2 QB right now...this isn't a big surprise...he was drafted more on "potential"....as far as the pre season...he might play...but starting is doubtful
Thanks Clint, that’s sad to hear. I knew that he, from the very beginning, had serious footwork issues. I had also read that the NE secondary was alternately blocking his passes and picking him off. Drake Maye, welcome to the NFL.

NE took a serious hit when they lost Barmore to blood clots (same thing that derailed David Andrews for a good while).

I hope that Ricky doesn't read the first link there, it could ruin his day & cause him to 'spike' the kool-aid😯
..I never knew there was such a thing as 200 proof kool-aid!

Last edited:
I can’t imagine sitting down and watching the Jets second and third string players and guys on the bubble. It’s a nonstarter.
It might be more anxiety for a Jet's fanbase that is already on the ledge and thinking about jumping :rolleyes:

Jet fans: We jump off the ledge and somehow find ourselves back on the ledge every year.

30 days to go...Ricky!
images

To count the losses.

Capisce :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I couldn't read the article...told me to disable my adblocker....trouble is I don't have one :rolleyes:
Confession: :cool: As an under wraps Bears fan, two best: Favourites:

4​

Mike Singletary​

mike-singletary.jpg

USA TODAY Sports
Teams: Chicago Bears (1981-1992)
Accolades: Super Bowl 20 champion, 2-time Defensive Player of the Year, 10-time Pro Bowler, 7-time First-Team All-Pro
The intensity of Singletary’s signature stare only underscored how he earned the apt nickname “Samurai Mike.” Another iconic Bears linebacker, Singletary has one of the most productive resumes for any NFL defender ever. Armed with an uncanny ability to read the play and jump the snap count, Singletary patrolled the line of scrimmage like a tenacious sentry, hell-bent on making any offensive player who entered his territory pay. Singletary was the best defensive player on arguably the best defense the NFL has ever seen in 1985, and he was the unquestioned face of the last true Bears golden era anyone can still remember.

1​

Dick Butkus​

Sep 19, 1971; Chicago, IL, USA; FILE PHOTO; Chicago Bears linebacker (51) Dick Butkus in action against the Pittsburgh Steelers at Soldier Field. The Bears defeated the Steelers 17-15.

Manny Rubio-USA TODAY Sports
Teams: Chicago Bears (1975-1983)
Accolades: 2-time Defensive Player of the Year, 8-time Pro Bowler, 5-time First-Team All-Pro
If not for knee injuries, there would be no debate about the best linebacker ever to play in the NFL. Even then, Butkus’ peak as a man in the middle for the league’s charter franchise is hard to argue with. Butkus’ trademark mean disposition made him akin to a malevolent demon from hell who reveled in the pain and fear of offensive skill players. That’s not even really hyperbole. A one-man wrecking crew, Butkus established the Bears’ now-rich tradition at linebacker, making it more of an honor to play tough-nosed, blue-collar defense for Chicago than any of those “flashy” positions like, I don’t know, quarterback.
It is no coincidence that:
1. The Butkus Award is given to the nation’s finest linebackers in high school, college, and the NFL every season
2. Ray Lewis counted Butkus as one of his main inspirations toward becoming an all-time linebacker himself.
Butkus’ thick, bushy eyebrows, mustache, and grimace make him one of the faces of the most important organizations in NFL history. He was the best linebacker ever.

Ranking the 10 finest linebackers of all time

https://apple.news/ALw56k677T3GZiu5cTSZo3A
Sort of interesting, but I really don't agree with it.
What happen to Lawrence Taylor? I would put him #1a & Butkus #1b......
An awful lot of Chicago players on that list😕.... That's never a good thing! Urlacher?..my nick name for him was 'Urslacker'! I Remember in the NFC championship game where he intercepted Rodgers. Rodgers made the tackle on him & saved the game! (...sorry GOS)
And what about Ray Nitschke?

Last edited:
Back