The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
xPropaganda did not ship with a slipcase, so you are definitely confused! ;)

Let's clear this up once and for all... The only blu-rays that *didn't* ship with a slipcase are Tears For Fears and xPropaganda and that's because I didn't think of the idea until we came to Gilbert! :giggle: We added the TFF slipcase to every Shakespears Sister order since that was a very easy way to get those to people and 95% of people who had ordered Shakespears Sister had already ordered TFF.

With xPropaganda there was a lengthy delay in getting these designed, for various reasons. However they were done by the brilliant Philip Marshall (who did all the design for the products) and had to be approved by Paul Morley and the band etc. These arrived this week in time for me to offer a bundle option with Orbital.

Both TFF and xProp can be ordered on their own and are free but you do need to pay for postage (which I don't think is unreasonable!). However in most instances there should be no extra postage costs if you add to another order (like a blu-ray).

Going forward there will be no more bundles with slipcases. If you want either TFF or xProp you can just order them.
Well I'll be damned. Yes, I mispoke. Shakespears Sister is the one I have that came with slipcover. And, my xPropaganda does NOT have one......looks like I need to order that. And, of course, Brian Eno came with one.

xPropaganda did not ship with a slipcase, so you are definitely confused! ;)

Let's clear this up once and for all... The only blu-rays that *didn't* ship with a slipcase are Tears For Fears and xPropaganda and that's because I didn't think of the idea until we came to Gilbert! :giggle: We added the TFF slipcase to every Shakespears Sister order since that was a very easy way to get those to people and 95% of people who had ordered Shakespears Sister had already ordered TFF.

With xPropaganda there was a lengthy delay in getting these designed, for various reasons. However they were done by the brilliant Philip Marshall (who did all the design for the products) and had to be approved by Paul Morley and the band etc. These arrived this week in time for me to offer a bundle option with Orbital.

Both TFF and xProp can be ordered on their own and are free but you do need to pay for postage (which I don't think is unreasonable!). However in most instances there should be no extra postage costs if you add to another order (like a blu-ray).

Going forward there will be no more bundles with slipcases. If you want either TFF or xProp you can just order them.
I tried to find the slipcases for TFF and xPropaganda on your site, but I wasn't able to locate them?

The name orbital seemed familiar, looks like they had a few songs in the Wipeout games back on the playstation 1. I'm liking their last album 'monster exist', looks like another one to pre-order.
I’ve been a massive WipEout fan since first playing the original in 1995, and of course all the soundtracks (especially WipEout XL)

In fact it was the WipEout Fusion then WipEoutHD that were the driving factors behind my buying a PS2 and PS3 respectively - such a well done series, but the Psygnosis/tDR games were the best…so futuristic and cool.

and of course all the soundtracks (especially WipEout XL)
Yes, wipeout was my (and many others) introduction to electronic music. I think Wipeout 3 and HD were my favorite. So many legendary artist, the Chemical Brothers, the Prodigy, Booka Shade, Daft Punk, Orbital, New Order, Kraftwerk, Aphex Twin... any of those artists would be great choices for sde releases. We need more electronic music in surround. Daft Punk in atmos when?

Yes, wipeout was my (and many others) introduction to electronic music. I think Wipeout 3 and HD were my favorite. So many legendary artist, the Chemical Brothers, the Prodigy, Booka Shade, Daft Punk, Orbital, New Order, Kraftwerk, Aphex Twin... any of those artists would be great choices for sde releases. We need more electronic music in surround. Daft Punk in atmos when?
(y) Random Access Memories!!!

Just had a chat with the SDE Shop about postage costs for the slipcases (at least to the US in my case). Something about the calculation is off, not matching the claim above. For me:
  • Postage for the Orbital disc (not the bundle with the xProp slipcase) is £8.00 GBP
  • Adding the TFF slipcase to this order brings the postage to £12.00 GBP, not "no extra postage costs" as mentioned above.
Response from the shop explained that this is as intended. Not a huge deal, just a little frustrating.

Just had a chat with the SDE Shop about postage costs for the slipcases (at least to the US in my case). Something about the calculation is off, not matching the claim above. For me:
  • Postage for the Orbital disc (not the bundle with the xProp slipcase) is £8.00 GBP
  • Adding the TFF slipcase to this order brings the postage to £12.00 GBP, not "no extra postage costs" as mentioned above.
Response from the shop explained that this is as intended. Not a huge deal, just a little frustrating.
I had a similar story shipping to Canada.
If you ordered the Orbital disc and the xPropaganda slipcase separately it resulted in total shipping charges less than buying the bundle in a single shipment.
They did correct the shipping on that item :) something about the slight weight of the slipcase bumping the bundle into the next cost category, which does make sense.

Thank you Paul,
I received my two new discs and jackets for Tipping Point and the two new ones. Didn't even order them.
I need #2 Gilbert O'Sullivan for my collection, somehow that got away from me.
I should have 5, is that correct?
Tipping Point
XPropaganda
Gilbert O'Sullivan (don't have)
Brian Eno
Shakespeare Sister

Overseas postage to Australia is 10 pounds for 1 disc or 15 pounds for 2-3 discs which is a significant cost if I'm buying these one at a time, money that just goes to the Royal Mail and not to Paul.
I've read comments and suggestions at SDE around subscribing (which is a total blind buy) or holding shipments, holding would work for me but it sounds like Paul doesn't have resources to offer options that could get complicated or confusing.
I hope the series continues for a long time and that some way is found to combine orders as I think it would be a great way to grow sales outside the UK

I not surprised at the bewildering array of postal fees across regions, and the seemingly unreasonable costs for some. I still can't track the reason for the differences between the charged postage when purchasing a disc + slipcase bundle vs. a disc + a slipcase as separate line items, which makes me think something in the ecommerce system is misclassifying one or both items.

No brainer! Pre-ordered just now.

I really like this kind of music. Eno's ambient Atmospheres (can't remember the whole title) album was one of my favorites when I was listening to a lot of New Age-electronic style music.

If all the songs on this are as good as There Were Bells on this YT, it will be fantastic in Atmos!!

Paul, stellar choice.
I'm right there with you! This is a great recording. I can only listen in 5.1, and it sounds excellent that way. Ambient music may not be for everyone, but I find it very soothing. It's a great way to relax and unwind. In surround, it's even better!

I not surprised at the bewildering array of postal fees across regions, and the seemingly unreasonable costs for some. I still can't track the reason for the differences between the charged postage when purchasing a disc + slipcase bundle vs. a disc + a slipcase as separate line items, which makes me think something in the ecommerce system is misclassifying one or both items.
The slipcase issue is minor and temporary IMO, I'd rather SDE focus on a sustainable shipping model for overseas customers. Eg If I buy a series of 12 individually I will pay 120 pounds in postage, if I can receive them in threes, I will pay 60 pounds postage

Back