The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talk Talk albums were released on SACD, but only in stereo. I seem to remember that Steven Wilson offered to remix the albums into surround but was turned down (maybe I dreamed that bit but I think I saw it in an interveiw somewhere).
Yes, Innerviews from 2013.
Has he sworn off getting artist signatures in the future? (For the record, I couldn’t care less about a signed booklet.)
He has - but now that the slipcases have been added, signing items actually became far easier. Even if the artist can't get the signatures down within the expected time period, they could simply sign the slipcase and customers could already get their discs.
Gilmour has almost totally disowned his first two solo albums so wouldn’t expect anything ever on those. Pity. They are much better than his last two
No, no, he has not said he wants to banish them or anything. They have been remastered and reprinted. He just doesn't feel enough connection to them nowadays to play songs from them live.
inexpensive - compared to those enormous box-sets
Not in any country where handling fees get asked on top of VAT. If SDE could join the IOSS system, that would really be a step forward and would reduce the burden on buyers in various EU countries.

Yes, Innerviews from 2013.

He has - but now that the slipcases have been added, signing items actually became far easier. Even if the artist can't get the signatures down within the expected time period, they could simply sign the slipcase and customers could already get their discs.

No, no, he has not said he wants to banish them or anything. They have been remastered and reprinted. He just doesn't feel enough connection to them nowadays to play songs from them live.

Not in any country where handling fees get asked on top of VAT. If SDE could join the IOSS system, that would really be a step forward and would reduce the burden on buyers in various EU countries.
I'm really with you on your last point, I have nothing against paying VAT, but I'm basically paying it twice. First the English one and then the Norwegian one and a $15 handling fee.:confused:
Amazon and I think now also Burning Shed, takes off English VAT and then collects the VAT for the Norwegian Tax government with no handling fee.:)

I'm really with you on your last point, I have nothing against paying VAT, but I'm basically paying it twice. First the English one and then the Norwegian one and a $15 handling fee.:confused:
Amazon and I think now also Burning Shed, takes off English VAT and then collects the VAT for the Norwegian Tax government with no handling fee.:)
Same in the Netherlands. The current situation adds another €12,50 to the total cost.

[nerd alert], from a bookkeeping standpoint it is not correct. VAT is added depending on the destination. Domestic gets local VAT, export and intracommunautair gets 0%. [/nerd alert]

Sorry Paul ;)

Same in the Netherlands. The current situation adds another €12,50 to the total cost.

[nerd alert], from a bookkeeping standpoint it is not correct. VAT is added depending on the destination. Domestic gets local VAT, export and intracommunautair gets 0%. [/nerd alert]

Sorry Paul ;)
These SDE BD's costs me about $60 a piece, so I only buy the ones I really like.

These SDE BD's costs me about $60 a piece, so I only buy the ones I really like.
I’m starting to think the same.

Shipping included they cost me about $50CDN each, give or take.
From an exclusivity standpoint I suppose that makes sense but the value isn’t always there in musical terms (for me anyway, others may disagree). Hard to know, when the new releases are a blind buy.

Having said all that I have pre-ordered Orbital anyway despite not liking the track with the angry ranting guy LOL

Having said all that I have pre-ordered Orbital anyway despite not liking the track with the angry ranting guy LOL
I kind of thought that was just me, but you and others have referenced it. Had instrumental versions of the album not been included, this might have been a pass for me based on the released song. Although it would bug me until death to see a gap on the shelf.

Very savvy of Paul to include the release number on the spine of the slipcover for those of us with issues related to how we like to see things on a shelf.

As I mentioned before, eventually there might be a release that I just flat out can’t see the value in getting from a musical point of view. But I'm not there yet.

Delighted to finally receive the shipping notice for the O'Sullivan Driven disc! On a personal note, I find it interesting how we each organize our media collections. I alphabetize, thus the numeric sequence on the slipcase spines for the SDE series has zero interest for me. Furthermore, I also organize by CD then on a different set of shelves all of the various hi-res and surround media, except those darn big boxes., they get placed above the legacy vinyl collection.

Delighted to finally receive the shipping notice for the O'Sullivan Driven disc! On a personal note, I find it interesting how we each organize our media collections. I alphabetize, thus the numeric sequence on the slipcase spines for the SDE series has zero interest for me. Furthermore, I also organize by CD then on a different set of shelves all of the various hi-res and surround media, except those darn big boxes., they get placed above the legacy vinyl collection.
LOL! Mine are not organized at all. I have a closet space, with shelves and I have so many titles, they are randomly stacked on each other. What a mess.

I hadn’t thought of that for organizing. If a lot of people are in a similar boat, a possible solution is for Paul to have the number on one side of the spine, but not the other. Although that opens up possible complaints about what is then the front or the back of the slipcase.

Back