WHO’S NEXT/LIFEHOUSE Box set coming in September 2023 (STEVEN WILSON DOLBY ATMOS & 5.1 MIXES CONFIRMED!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just preordered on Amazon. The price point is high and I would not even consider paying this much if it wasnt one of the great rock albums mixed by Steven Wilson that will include much unreleased music.
I have passed on all the other box sets priced over $150 (or less if it doesnt include a bluray) but this set does have more value then nearly any other set I can think of.

I just preordered on Amazon. The price point is high and I would not even consider paying this much if it wasnt one of the great rock albums mixed by Steven Wilson that will include much unreleased music.
I have passed on all the other box sets priced over $150 (or less if it doesnt include a bluray) but this set does have more value then nearly any other set I can think of.
I'm hedging my bets that the Amazon price will drop just like it always does. My breaking point is $250.

Ok this option may be of interest.
Udiscover is selling the Whos Next box set in various options.\Price is $299 for the 10 CD one bluray

BUT

You can reply to register for 20% off of your order which I did and texted to get their marketing emails etc
That brings the price down to $240. I have not put thru an order to test it but it is offered with a list of pre orders.
I would like to pay near or below $200 for this but I just dont see it happening and Im not willing to wait two years for a big discount if any.
Unlike some I am interested in the CD contents as well as the mc mix.

Cancelled my Amazon order and pulled the trigger at JPC. When shipped to the US, the VAT is removed which reduces this 226.88 Euro. Add in the 3.50 Euro shipping, it's a total of 230.38 Euros shipped to the US, which works out to be $256.17 USD using the current currency rate. $6.17 above my cap is worth swallowing. Plus the fact that I'll probably just keep the Atmos Blu-ray and sell the rest. Total cost from Amazon with tax was $323.98.

Yes not having to pay tax on foreign sales makes a difference. Udiscover will collect tax so JPC might still be cheaper.

I think its worth waiting a month to see what happens. If sales are really sluggish the price may be dropped. If not.......

Thank You - got a preorder in on this on Amazon and now will wait and seeeeeee :unsure: - still an Iconic album like the Monolith in 2001 Space Odyssey - love the album and looking forward to all the CD content especially. Saw them in November 1982 It's Hard Tour -nice coolish weather for Florida General admission and Snood was standing like 10 yards from Pete OMG - doing his jumpy swingy stuff very awesome. So yeah... In on a preorder and will hope.....Love this album sooooo Much :SB

Posts like this actually make me feel better about the whole thing.

If a band I loved produced something that I'd be psyched to spend this kind of money for, it'd probably actually be pretty awesome. It's just stuff like this doesn't really blow my skirt up; I just want the music.

Something I'd pay this kind of cash for? Maybe a special edition of the 2013 documentry Joderowski's Dune that included a reprint of Joderowski's Jean "Moebius" Giraud penned, Dune production bible and Foss & Gigers concept art books...

...although I'd probably just prefer it as a Blu-ray motion comic. :rolleyes:

Even though all that goodness is on Qobuz, which I will surely check out, I do want that Bluray with Atmos & 5.1 so I did preorder this from Amazon. And will see how pricing goes. Can always cancel and order elsewhere, but at least I have it ordered :)

Maybe Baggy will get his hands on it before I do and can give us a heads-up on the Atmos tracks :D

I thought I'd told this story here someplace before, but couldn't find it, so stop me if you've heard before ;)

It was a dark and stormy evening in 1975 that I saw my one and only "The Who" concert.

I was stationed at SAC headquarters in Omaha Nebraska at the time and about 4 of us were on our way down 80 in the late afternoon to Des Moines IA where the concert was to be that night. The skies were near pitch black because there were tornadoes happening all around; we could even see two separate tornadoes far into the distance (luckily) ripping up the landscape as we travelled.

This was the show with Toots & the Maytals opening (probably my first taste of Ska / Reggae music)-
December 2, 1975 Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Des Moines, IA (supported by Toots & The Maytals)

Don't recall much about Toots & The Maytals and the crowd was pretty cold towards them IIRC as we were all amped up to hear The Who rock music!

As you can imagine in that day, the air was filled with pot smoke, and it was easy to get a non-contact high off of it.

The Who finally came out and started rocking, maybe starting with "Squeeze Box" in support of their new album "The Who by Numbers."
Most of the show though was them playing the heck out of their old hits with Pete doing windmill chord swings and jumping all over the place, Roger swinging his mic high in the air, Entwistle with his unique way of playing his Bass and Moon being a madman on drums.

The real interesting part of the night was about halfway through their show the power goes out (remember the tornadoes?) and stays out for maybe 45 minutes. The band took a break during that time but assured us they'd be back ASAP; and they kept their word and played the hell out of the place to finish up the show. I am so grateful I was able to see those lads in their heyday; and it's a night I'll never forget.

So yes I'll be buying this box set, but will be patient and find the best price I can.

Long Live Rock!

Why isn't there an HD option to the CD's included in the SDE? I own the deluxe edition of Who's Next featuring 29 tracks at 24-96 taking up a whopping 3.14 GB. A Blu-ray can accommodate 50GB. Do the math. For the retail price they're asking, producing an additional Blu-ray for this box would cost very little. Once again the fans lose out. And this isn't the first time HD audio isn't included in an expensive box and has to be purchased separately. No reason for this besides GREED.

Why isn't there an HD option to the CD's included in the SDE? I own the deluxe edition of Who's Next featuring 29 tracks at 24-96 taking up a whopping 3.14 GB. A Blu-ray can accommodate 50GB. Do the math. For the retail price they're asking, producing an additional Blu-ray for this box would cost very little. Once again the fans lose out. And this isn't the first time HD audio isn't included in an expensive box and has to be purchased separately. No reason for this besides GREED.
Maybe the sound quality of the recorded material on most of the CDs does not warrant being reproduced in any other format than CD?

Ok this option may be of interest.
Udiscover is selling the Whos Next box set in various options.\Price is $299 for the 10 CD one bluray

BUT

You can reply to register for 20% off of your order which I did and texted to get their marketing emails etc
That brings the price down to $240. I have not put thru an order to test it but it is offered with a list of pre orders.
I would like to pay near or below $200 for this but I just dont see it happening and Im not willing to wait two years for a big discount if any.
Unlike some I am interested in the CD contents as well as the mc mix.
Did you notice this at the bottom of the listing? "Excluded from sitewide sales/discounts. Limited to 4 per customer." Hopefully the mailing list sigup discount is not consdered "sitewide".

Back