WHO’S NEXT/LIFEHOUSE Box set coming in September 2023 (STEVEN WILSON DOLBY ATMOS & 5.1 MIXES CONFIRMED!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you notice this at the bottom of the listing? "Excluded from sitewide sales/discounts. Limited to 4 per customer." Hopefully the mailing list sigup discount is not consdered "sitewide".

I tried discount code THEWHO10 and The Who storefront rejected it. Said it didn't apply to this item. Can always try it & see :)

When Amazon's listing went live, I saw no advantage to order from The Who storefront since they charge credit cards right away while Amazon only when it ships. That gives plenty of time & no hassles to cancel order for lower price elsewhere (that I trust ;))

So, just to show final price, I put this in my cart at importCD's...

$244.27, $3.99 shipping, $15.52 tax = TOTAL $263.78
There is a lot of time before it is released...but IMO that is a pretty good price considering the volume of music they are giving you.....just saying

Gene, one can only hope ImportCD will have one of their [rare] 10% off coupon sales by then ...but it has to be in stock!

Tracks showing up on Apple Music. Interestingly entire main album is up as "(Remastered 2022)" nothing about Steven Wilson mixes.

Apple Music has the 10 CDs, which don't contain anything from Wilson. His work is only on the BD.

I wonder if the Amazon price will ever come down to that? There is still time.

BTW, for a bloated set with a bloated price, everyone I've exchanged PM's with is getting it, including me. Look, how many other anniversary sets are out there where the cover shows four blokes having just finished peeing on a concrete monolith?

Last edited:
Why isn't there an HD option to the CD's included in the SDE? I own the deluxe edition of Who's Next featuring 29 tracks at 24-96 taking up a whopping 3.14 GB. A Blu-ray can accommodate 50GB. Do the math. For the retail price they're asking, producing an additional Blu-ray for this box would cost very little. Once again the fans lose out. And this isn't the first time HD audio isn't included in an expensive box and has to be purchased separately. No reason for this besides GREED.
44.1kHz at 16 bit is perfectly adequate for human hearing *takes cover*
;-)
I'm here for surround sound BTW...

I see that a potential UPS strike is still hanging over our heads. I certainly hope things get resolved for the sake of everyone, and especially by the Sept 15 release date. I suspect that a UPS strike would impact all shipments as other companies try to pick up the slack. So perhaps I will stay with Amazon given that they have their own delivery trucks.

I see that a potential UPS strike is still hanging over our heads. I certainly hope things get resolved for the sake of everyone, and especially by the Sept 15 release date. I suspect that a UPS strike would impact all shipments as other companies try to pick up the slack. So perhaps I will stay with Amazon given that they have their own delivery trucks.
Yes! I ordered a DP cable on July 12. One day shipping so I assume it was in the Jacksonville warehouse. The USPS managed to get it to the local post office the next day.
It was delivered July 22! But in the meantime I complained and they resent the order. Arrived today., Wonderful! I have to travel to the nearest UPS store and drop it off. Or maybe keep it and pay. IDK.
I don't know if Amazon delivers every order out here in the boonies,but I suspect not.
Meanwhile I have tried on several occassions to call the local postmaster. Yeah, good luck with that. USPS here just sucks. There, I said it.

ordered via Amazon. They have their Low Price guarantee. And they dont take my money until they ship so that gives me time to be ultra thrifty and save my pennies to afford this.

Told the lovely Mrs that ramen noodles, Spam and saltines will be on the menu for the next 60 days
Starting to lean your direction. Thankfully the Mrs likes Ramen Noodles and can tolerate Spam, as long as it's fried. lol.

Back