WHO’S NEXT/LIFEHOUSE Box set coming in September 2023 (STEVEN WILSON DOLBY ATMOS & 5.1 MIXES CONFIRMED!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No such thing exists, but it sounds like Pete was planning to do it himself (having already completed the first 5.1 remix of Tommy) way back in 2004:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/fate-of-whos-next-5-1.2863/I guess they never did find everything that was missing (all of "Bargain" and part of "The Song Is Over").

View attachment 93954
Well, we all know of a certain mastering engineer who is rumored to have stolen masters. Not multis though, as far as I know.

This person, if he exists, mastered Who's Next several years before this possible theft. So, I doubt it was him since Jon Astley did his remixes after, if I am correct with my timeline.

As I stated, I don’t believe they had access to any Who multitracks. Other multitracks, yes.

Thankfully the Who’s Next stereo masters were not among those “liberated”.

I appreciate that many will like the unboxing video. I'm not sure yet I want to watch it.
Just want the set to arrive, take my time looking through it, and enjoy it like I'm a kid with a Christmas present.
I've broken my own rule against buying box sets and just want to sit down with it when it arrives, and treasure my own unboxing experience.
Sound stupid? I don't know but that's where I am right now.

Then I'm going to rip everything to digital and maybe never look at it again. lol.

I appreciate that many will like the unboxing video. I'm not sure yet I want to watch it.
Just want the set to arrive, take my time looking through it, and enjoy it like I'm a kid with a Christmas present.
I've broken my own rule against buying box sets and just want to sit down with it when it arrives, and treasure my own unboxing experience.

Then I'm going to rip everything to digital and maybe never look at it again. lol.
I totally agree. I cannot understand the appeal of unboxing videos. I want the joy, surprise and happiness to be mine spontaneously when I buy and open the box set!

There is chatter on the other forum this morning about the lengthy narration threatening to put them to sleep, to the point they couldn't make it past half way.

I muted the sound and fast-forwarded through it, I've read plenty about the content by this point, but appreciated a quick look through the entire package to confirm I'll get my money's worth.

Back