WHO’S NEXT/LIFEHOUSE Box set coming in September 2023 (STEVEN WILSON DOLBY ATMOS & 5.1 MIXES CONFIRMED!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now, perhaps we should ask ourselves: If a standalone Blu-ray of DSOTM came out months after release of the big box set, does the same future hold for Who's Next?

Hmmmmmm.
Well, I’m sticking with the big box order even if a standalone blu-ray is a good possibility. I can rationalize this purchase in so many ways, the biggest reason of which is…Well I can rationalize buying this. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Current price watch:

Grooves.land: $242.81 [Free shipping/No tax.....possible lower price when VAT is removed]
Import CDs: $244.27
Target: $257.99
Deep Discount: $269.68 [DD usually does free shipping on orders over $25, but their website states "additional shipping may apply"].
CD Universe: $269.68
Bull Moose: $299.98* [Free Shipping/No Sales Tax unless in Maine or New Hampshire]
Amazon USA: $299.98 [Free shipping available]

Amazon UK: £261.59
Burning Shed: £275.00
Fnac.com : €239.99 [Low price Guaranteed if drops between pre-order date and release date]

*FYI: A $300 purchase at Bull Moose will earn you 20 Moose Points. This equates to a $10 off coupon, so your actual price comes to $289.99.
I saw Amazon US was down to $257.99; and I also had about $100 built up in points. Additionally, using my Amazon C.C. I get an additional 5% discount off the ~$180 purchase (after CA. taxes), which puts me at around $171 - SO MY HIWATT ⚡ ORDER IS FINALLY IN

:dance

And just so we all know, even if they later on, put out a stand alone BD, I'll be glad to have this box at this price.

Pink Floyd however can suck my (fill in the blank .....)

Windmill.gif

Last edited:
I saw Amazon US was down to $257.99; and I also had about $100 built up in points. Additionally, using my Amazon C.C. I get an additional 5% discount off the ~$180 purchase (after CA. taxes), which puts me at around $171 - SO MY HIWATT ⚡ ORDER IS FINALLY IN

:dance

And just so we all know, even if they later on, put out a stand alone BD, I'll be glad to have this box at this price.

Pink Floyd however can suck my (fill in the blank .....)

View attachment 95940
Grooves.land is now down to $233.40, free shipping.
But it's n/a right now. This is what their web site says:

Currently sold out but back in stock soon

I did the math, and with a 10% coupon Platekompaniet.no turned out about the same as FNAC all things considered. So I cancelled my FNAC order and hope that Platekompaniet will also ship early. I think they’re sold out now.

I did the math, and with a 10% coupon Platekompaniet.no turned out about the same as FNAC all things considered. So I cancelled my FNAC order and hope that Platekompaniet will also ship early. I think they’re sold out now.
Yes - if you got 10% off, it will be about the same, with 25% VAT and customs charges on top. Still way cheaper than Amazon UK, JPC.de and CDJapan!

Only a week away now! I'm getting excited 8'). I ordered from CDJapan particularly to get the SHMCDs. Perhaps I'll get a shipping notice soon :SB . To me this is far and away the release of the year. So far 8').

A friend had his box delivered and I got to listen to the Atmos mix. As expected, SW did a great job creating a wide-open, detailed soundstage. While I'm loving this mix the album does seem to lose a bit of its in-your-face power by pulling it apart.
Would you say that it also loses some of its impact in the stereo mix too (if you listened to it)?

A friend had his box delivered and I got to listen to the Atmos mix. As expected, SW did a great job creating a wide-open, detailed soundstage. While I'm loving this mix the album does seem to lose a bit of its in-your-face power by pulling it apart.
I feel that way about stereo vs surround in general. It's not always the case but usually it feels that way to me. It's not just a function of volume. The best way that I can describe it is, that by splitting everything up and spreading it out the whole experience with regards to power is watered down. Regardless, I still love and prefer surround mixes in most cases.

I feel that way about stereo vs surround in general. It's not always the case but usually it feels that way to me. It's not just a function of volume. The best way that I can describe it is, that by splitting everything up and spreading it out the whole experience with regards to power is watered down. Regardless, I still love and prefer surround mixes in most cases.
I think of stereo as the "concentrated" sound. If you become used to, say, a concentrated alcohol content beer, the "pulled apart" beer of surround does seem weaker. To keep up the metaphor, you'll just have to drink more :cool:.

Oh for gods' sake, is my age showing? I find it easier to type 8') or 8'0 or especially 8% like in the old days <as he says "sonny" with a feeble voice> than to put in a gif. It's all :) though!
I was actually trying to do a smiley like 8 -) (without the space) and it automatically turned into :cool:

Back