Steven Wilson XTC - The Big Express (Steven Wilson Surround mixes coming in September!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://burningshed.com/xtc_the-big-express_cd_blu-ray
View attachment 94338

————

CD features the complete album newly mixed in stereo + three additional tracks.

Blu-Ray includes the newly mixed material as featured on CD in Hi-Res Stereo, 5.1 Surround and Dolby Atmos + 2023 stereo out-takes & instrumental mixes in Hi-Res stereo. Also includes the original album + additional tracks in Hi-Res stereo. The complete album & more also appear in demo form (16/48 stereo reflecting the source material).

————

CD (2023 Mixes)

1. Wake Up
2. All You Pretty Girls
3. Shake You Donkey Up
4. Seagulls Screaming Kiss Her Kiss Her
5. This World Over
6. The Everyday Story Of Smalltown
7. I Bought Myself A Liarbird
8. Reign Of Blows
9. You’re The Wish You Are I Had
10. I Remember The Sun
11. Train Running Low On Soul Coal

Additional tracks

12. Red Brick Dream
13. Washaway
14. Blue Overall

Blu-ray

Album and additional tracks of 2023 Mix in Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Stereo and DTS-HD MA Surround Sound & instrumental mixes in Hi-Res Stereo all mixed by Steven WIlson

Plus album and additional tracks of original mix in Hi-Res stereo, with additional out-takes.

Additional out-takes:

15. Broomstick Rhythm (guide vocal)
16. The Troubles (Big Express Version – Backing Track)

Album and additional tracks in demo form in 16/48 Hi-Res stereo with additional demos of songs written for The Big Express

Additional demos:-

15. Now we all Dead (It Doesn't Matter)
16. Work
17. Gangway, Electric Guitar is Coming Through
18. Broomstick Rhythm
19. Shiny Cage
20. A Patriotic Romance
As usual, such great value for money.

...Hard to believe it's been nearly 4 years since an XTC surround album.

I was thinking about this last week as I browsed my XTC collection.
They popped out one per year from 2013-17, a gap, then the Dukes.
So far, all the releases appear to remain available for reasonable prices.
Sealed copy of the 2013 Nonsuch currently on discogs for $20.

I've seen sealed copies of Nonsuch in two record shops in Tas recently. Both going for 50 AUD which is reasonable.

For a time Dukes and Oranges & Lemons were out of print and fetching outrageous prices on the used market. I got burned having just purchased the Dukes disc for $100 (a reasonable price at the time) and they announced a repress literally within weeks of me receiving the disc. This was around February 2022. Still have not gotten around to selling it so I actually have two copies of the Dukes.

I love these XTC reissues. They honestly are platinum standard for me in regards to price, completeness, and no-frills presentation. New mix on the CD and bonus stuff on the blu ray. Great details in the booklet regarding the creation of the album and details surrounding it (no pun intended). I don't need 5 discs, I don't need a huge, useless box, and I don't need useless pins and whatnot that just inflate the price of the set. Yes, big box sets can be fun at times, but it's great seeing someone go the exact opposite direction and hit it out of the park.

I love these XTC reissues. They honestly are platinum standard for me in regards to price, completeness, and no-frills presentation. New mix on the CD and bonus stuff on the blu ray. Great details in the booklet regarding the creation of the album and details surrounding it (no pun intended). I don't need 5 discs, I don't need a huge, useless box, and I don't need useless pins and whatnot that just inflate the price of the set. Yes, big box sets can be fun at times, but it's great seeing someone go the exact opposite direction and hit it out of the park.
Exactly! It's all about the music, not the useless crap used to justify an inflated price.

Back