4 more Quadio titles coming in January 2024! (Titles Announced)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, I've been waiting for a chance to order these on the UK store and nothing ever got posted about that. I may be too late now. Certainly nothing showing for these albums.
Too late for what? Too late for something that has not shown up yet?

Like others, yesterday I got two shipping notices for two discs. And was reminded of the fiasco of the first “bundle”. The second bundle worked so well, why ship separately again? If you are going to promote a bundle, ship it that way. On another note still waiting for Spinners replacement.

Ordered very early Friday am and no shipping notice so far. Love Rhino. Absolutely hate their fulfillment center. You guys seriously need to find another partner. Oh and I still haven’t received my Spinners replacement yet…

Ha, my first thought is many of us willingly put down over $200 US for Who's next.. and even more for the DSTOM Atmos box. Yet,, buying a bundle of 4 titles of true classic Quad mixes has raised such a fuss. That is $20 US per classic quad in stellar audio quality, packaged nicely so that it fits easily on a shelf... and yet all this talk about what would be better or not better comes up. Frankly I am grateful that any of these releases are coming out on a modern format and gladly will support every title in the series. I like the diversity, and think Rhino is being prudent in not releasing the cream first, but like others look forward to those down the road.

I have at least one Quad of Gil Evans...
Svengali
CD-4, Q8 that I know of.
there's a couple more at least, including a Quad on RCA of Gil Evans' reimaginings of the music of Jimi Hendrix (on CD-4 LP & Q8, now streaming in 360 Reality Audio on Tidal and in Dolby Audio on Apple Music) as well as Gil Evans' album with Kimiko Kasai, "Satin Doll", on Japanese SQ-encoded LP and Surround SACD.

Last edited:
Funny, I live one city over from Rhino’s SoCal distro center but I haven’t gotten any shipping notice yet…

Order status doesn't show anything - meaning not shipped. No order tracking & nothing on USPS informed delivery. I guess that means it hasn't shipped but the week is still young :)

Interesting how this plays out. mandrix in N FL has his on the way but someone in the little bitty town of Atlanta is waiting.

Bundle 1 took< 1 week to ship
Bundle 2 was next day
Spinner replacement was quick

Could Bundle 3 be my turn to play the "where is my order" game with Rhino?
Hopefully not.

Last edited:
Last edited:
there's a couple more at least, including a Quad on RCA of Gil Evans' reimaginings of the music of Jimi Hendrix (on CD-4 LP & Q8, now streaming in 360 Reality Audio on Tidal and in Dolby Audio on Apple Music) as well as Gil Evans' album with Kimiko Kasai, "Satin Doll", on Japanese SQ-encoded LP and Surround SACD.
Ah yes, I forgot about the Jimi Hendrix one.

I'm guessing all 4 shipped together, on Rhino it just says "shipped". I don't know if I've ever got a shipping notice from Rhino for any of the bundles. I would not swear to it, though. C.R.S. and all that.

I'm guessing all 4 shipped together, on Rhino it just says "shipped". I don't know if I've ever got a shipping notice from Rhino for any of the bundles. I would not swear to it, though. C.R.S. and all that.
I too don't receive any notifications, outside of my USPS Informed Delivery, which I have to manually go look at. There, I see a package from Gnarlywood has been dispatched. 1 package, 1 pound. I suppose that's all 4. Maybe.....just maybe....

Back